Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The reality is that Salah is more likely to leave them this summer than any of our players, he's 25 years old and has already played for 6 clubs.......he pushes for a move every year
He's an Agent's dream... ALL THAT DIRTY COMMISSION!! Unlike Loyal Harry who likes to stay put to prove a point!

...and they say Levy is obsessed by money... But I guess that's just 'cos he's Jewish... and it's a lazy/easy/stereotyped assumption to make!

On MOTD last night when asked who was going to challenge City next year Ian Wright went straight for the lazy option - Liverpool. Apparently according to Wright they're City's kryptonite ffs.

Yeah but Liverpool only get to play City twice a season, if they played them every week perhaps they would win the league. No mention of the fact every club in the bottom half of the table is Liverpool's kryptonite. They finished 4th ffs, the league table never lies. City amassed the most points in a season ever by consistently winning more games than anyone else. That's how it works.

There’s more than enough evidence that have been posted in here that the bias is real.
I think if you went on any board you’ll find a victim mentality. The Liverpool ones genuinely have people who think the refs are in a conspiracy against them. All seems a bit whiny to me, and highlights that as a group we’re not used to the big time, and the scrutiny and abuse that’s brings.

Even the Kane needs to go shyte, which does annoy me, I don’t view as a bias, rather a lazy narrative that gets trotted out and will continue to unless we win something. I’m aware I’m in the minority on the this one, just my 2p

I think if you went on any board you’ll find a victim mentality. The Liverpool ones genuinely have people who think the refs are in a conspiracy against them. All seems a bit whiny to me, and highlights that as a group we’re not used to the big time, and the scrutiny and abuse that’s brings.

Even the Kane needs to go shyte, which does annoy me, I don’t view as a bias, rather a lazy narrative that gets trotted out and will continue to unless we win something. I’m aware I’m in the minority on the this one, just my 2p
I don't think you get it and/or new around. We're not all just sitting around saying, "the refs hate us and don't give us calls." There are over 100 pages with actual evidence that the media shuns the shit out of us. Actual proof. Start from page 1 and go from there, you'll be (or maybe not) surprised.

I don't think you get it and/or new around. We're not all just sitting around saying, "the refs hate us and don't give us calls." There are over 100 pages with actual evidence that the media shuns the shit out of us. Actual proof. Start from page 1 and go from there, you'll be (or maybe not) surprised.
I would’ve thought the media will push whatever sells, rather than petty vendettas. At least half the stuff I read waxes lyrical about Poch and his methods and how sublime Kane, Eriksen and Alli in particular are (less so Alli this season). I regret getting involved now, as it’s not something I care enough about to get into an argument over, so I’ll get a taxi out of this thread...

..of proof...

Yeah, not content with phoning in his "Team of the week" every season based purely on 'who scored?', he decides to use this article to praise every other player... then rant about how Kane needs to leave to win trophies. Ofc he says this about Salah:

"What this lad has done for Egyptian football, not to mention social cohesion, cannot be quantified. What I can tell you is there is no better place on the planet than Liverpool Football Club to appreciate the talents of Mohamed Salah."

One of our ex-players or not, I've got fuck all respect for Crooks.
'Social cohesion'.

mznHygF.gif

Just wait until the shirt burning. It won't be too long a wait.

I may
Because he would want to go to a club where it's been well documented that they want to curb any spending, with no Champions League football and a toxic dressing room.

Not to mention we're a better club :pocheyes:
Well OBVIOUSLY Poch would take Kane, Dele, Toby and Hugo with him to harmonise that toxic dressing room... d'uhh!

Since when has 'centralising comments' been a thing....?
HOW
DO
I
TURN
IT
OFF?​

Last edited:
There is definitely bias , look how many Liverpool are in the media , yesterday Wenger left after 22 years City reached 100 points Spurs secured 3rd after a thriller yet all the media care about is Liverpool and Salah despite Both being nailed on for weeks.

At least we made 1st game on MOTD
Lineker called the game ‘extraordinarily ‘

I say!

Rant time: fucking motherfucking cock sucking cunts in the media making fucking clickbait stories by brilliantly ignoring the fucking facts and choosing to misinterpret clear fucking comments in order to attract readers and listeners...motherfuckers each and every one...Oh and btw...where's the fucking motherfucking evidence rather than the mother fucking misquoting which the motherfucking media are motherfucking obsessed with...and breathe!

"This house is cleeean."

One sensible thought occurs tho: if this is all bollocks why don't poch and levy put out a statement saying so? Maybe in a few days we'll see one.

For what it's worth: he ain't going anywhere. You heard it here first!
:pochhail:

Rant time: fucking motherfucking cock sucking cunts in the media making fucking clickbait stories by brilliantly ignoring the fucking facts and choosing to misinterpret clear fucking comments in order to attract readers and listeners...motherfuckers each and every one...Oh and btw...where's the fucking motherfucking evidence rather than the mother fucking misquoting which the motherfucking media are motherfucking obsessed with...and breathe!

"This house is cleeean."

One sensible thought occurs tho: if this is all bollocks why don't poch and levy put out a statement saying so? Maybe in a few days we'll see one.

For what it's worth: he ain't going anywhere. You heard it here first!
:pochhail:
I don't think Levy ever comments on rumours, so I doubt we'll hear anything beyond "this is football, you never know, for now I am 100% Tottenham" from Pochettino.

The fact that Chelsea's final day BOTTLE JOB display for 4th place puts THEM in an apparent position of strength when it comes to poaching a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MANAGER in Poch (according to the Press) proves one of two things:

Either the Press have an agenda and sinply don't CARE about applying any logic to get in the way of their pre-meditated narrative...

OR money is REALLY the only thing that matters... in which case we can all pack up and go home, and just let Man City & Chelsea slog it out 38 times next season to see who finishes 1st and 2nd in a two team Premier League...
But it's ok... cos they'll have 50 players each plus 8 managers apiece to help them achieve their 'project'!

OR money is REALLY the only thing that matters... in which case we can all pack up and go home, and just let Man City & Chelsea slog it out 38 times next season to see who finishes 1st and 2nd in a two team Premier League...
But it's ok... cos they'll have 50 players each plus 8 managers apiece to help them achieve their 'project'!
Of course money is the main factor .In the last 5 years they have won the league 80% of the time between them. They will occasionally implode but recover instantly as they buy them selves out .
Many of the other club owners don' give a toss as there all on the gravey train. While they buy the glory the others leach the cash.

Back
Top Bottom