Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plumb, well paid job then publicly castigated, followed by formal complaint, responded with an apology, then I'm leaving. I took it as mutual consent, which in any other speak is fired. Find it hard to understand why the abuse she got on Twitter would make her leave her job, how would that make it stop? How is it the solution?
Gary Neville defends Rachel Riley as presenter quits Sky Sports after calling Tottenham 'proper bottle jobs'
Thank you captain

Yeah I agree. Like I say I reckon she was trying to ingratiate herself to the football following by the trite narrative of 'bottlers'

Maybe a guess .. Sky probably didn't appreciate it and maybe she was in the wrong arena

Plumb, well paid job then publicly castigated, followed by formal complaint, responded with an apology, then I'm leaving. I took it as mutual consent, which in any other speak is fired. Find it hard to understand why the abuse she got on Twitter would make her leave her job, how would that make it stop? How is it the solution?
Gary Neville defends Rachel Riley as presenter quits Sky Sports after calling Tottenham 'proper bottle jobs'

Also agree, it was probably a case that Sky thought she wasn't the right person for the job and used the episode as a reason to persuade her to jump.

Thank you captain
Until this happened I'd never heard of her. Don't have Sky and never seen the quiz show.I don't think she deserved the abuse she claimed, but fucking ridiculous comment to make live on air. By all accounts she's supposed to be a smart cookie but lacked any intelligence with that comment. I glad she paid the price be that a push or a walk away, couldn't give a fuck. I'd expect the same if such a comment was made about another club too.

Until this happened I'd never heard of her. Don't have Sky and never seen the quiz show.I don't think she deserved the abuse she claimed, but fucking ridiculous comment to make live on air. By all accounts she's supposed to be a smart cookie but lacked any intelligence with that comment. I glad she paid the price be that a push or a walk away, couldn't give a fuck. I'd expect the same if such a comment was made about another club too.
Yep. Outrageously naive comment from really a very smart woman

That right there shows the Press up for both their (not so hidden) agenda against us... and also their total lack of ACTUAL Fact!
It was invented in the Boardrooms behind Sky, Talksport and the Sun to fill up airwaves, drive clicks and bring a few more bets into Sky bet. Nothing more. We're an easy target.

Apparently, only the team that finished 4th stand a chance of catching Citeh next yr....

I wish someone had told us before we started renewing all these contracts.

Apparently they were fantastic in the group stages of the CL too:

(3 draws in the 'toughest' games in an easy group and then flat-tracked all over Mariboor x 2 and Spartak at home.)

MEH.

Last edited:
Another thing

Finishing in the top 4 these days is not like finishing in the top 4 when there was only 4 teams challenging for it.

Goons keep going on about this (now there failing ). But there are 5 good teams and Woolwich challenging for those 4 slots these days.

It was invented in the Boardrooms behind Sky, Talksport and the Sun to fill up airwaves, drive clicks and bring a few more bets into Sky bet. Nothing more. We're an easy target.

Boardroom. The Sun, Talksport and Sky are all owned by the same owner pretty much. Thank God for the BBC or it would be utter drivel everywhere.

Another thing

Finishing in the top 4 these days is not like finishing in the top 4 when there was only 4 teams challenging for it.

Goons keep going on about this (now there failing ). But there are 5 good teams and Woolwich challenging for those 4 slots these days.

Only us and City have qualified every one of the last 3 seasons...

Back
Top Bottom