Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For all the bitching and moaning about how Rose is better than Davies, why is it that Davies has created more goals and chances than Rose did when he was "europes best full back" even though he didn't have to worry about defending as much since we tended to play 3 at the back, meanwhile Davies has played the majority of the season in part of a back 4 without our best defender? :avbcringe:

For all the bitching and moaning about how Rose is better than Davies, why is it that Davies has created more goals and chances than Rose did when he was "europes best full back" even though he didn't have to worry about defending as much since we tended to play 3 at the back, meanwhile Davies has played the majority of the season in part of a back 4 without our best defender? :avbcringe:
Totti already shown why this argument is dumb. You're saying that Alonso is one of the GOATs with this stat based logic.

It's too simplistic. There's not a stat for how many opportunities we miss from Davies not attacking his man, for how much width we lose out on which affects the ENTIRE attack from back to front, for how much momentum is not capitalised on by having no threat from anywhere other down the middle which can easily be packed etc.

All I know is a defenders key job is defending. I don't really give a damn how much a defender provides offensively as long as they do their job in defence

So because nobody has come in for Eriksen and the media don't talk him up he must be shit by your logic then?
No. I'm just stating the obvious fact that the reason Rose is more coveted than Davies is because he's a better player.
Just as City went for Walker over Trippier.
You're just deluding yourself if you think otherwise.
You can use a variety of reasons to try and justify selling Danny, but to say we'd be selling our inferior left back is a bit silly tbf

Matter of taste at the end of the day.

I preferred watching us attack with Rose and Walker as our wing backs than I do watching Trippier and Davies. This season is probably the worst we've looked since Pochs first season, though I also think that's alot to do with injuries and players being a little older.

Again, for some people this seems to mean I don't rate Trippier or Davies when that's not the case. I just know they can be improved on.

Matter of taste at the end of the day.
I preferred watching us attack with Rose and Walker as our wing backs than I do watching Trippier and Davies. This season is probably the worst we've looked since Pochs first season, though I also think that's alot to do with injuries and players being a little older.
Again, for some people this seems to mean I don't rate Trippier or Davies when that's not the case. I just know they can be improved on.
I can't see how any level headed fan can disagree with this post.
The words Nail and Head spring to mind

I can't see how any level headed fan can disagree with this post.
The words Nail and Head spring to mind

Wouldn't exactly say "nail and head" about this:
"This season is probably the worst we've looked since Pochs first season"

... when this is the season we were the best team in CL group stages... despite facing RM and Dortmund :leaveityeah: (Seriously, the best team in CL group stages...)
... and having our 2nd best PL season under Poch points- and goal-wise :ap:

... when this is the season we were the best team in CL group stages... despite facing RM and Dortmund :leaveityeah: Seriously, the best team in CL group stages...
Fair Comment. I was more referring to the Walker/Rose part of the post though. i.e our exhilarating attacking play with those two in the side and the fact we could/should improve on Davies and Trippier

... when this is the season we were the best team in CL group stages... despite facing RM and Dortmund :leaveityeah: (Seriously, the best team in CL group stages...)

In fairness, didn't we start Aurier and Davies in most of the CL games? Regardless, it's obvious that if we had too full backs like James Milner, Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia and Fabian Delph it's obvious we'd have won 5 trophies this season.

So we can improve on the full back who is solid in defense and has created the most chances for a full back this season? :levywhoa:

The key is putting a winger ahead of them.

The team is far less dynamic and narrow without Rose and Walker, and that residually damages the patterns of play that were so important in previous seasons.

Why the fuck would be looking to sell Wanyama? Due to one average, injury interrupted season? Selling that many senior first team players cannot be a good thing. We have to replace them all and then add quality.

Back
Top Bottom