Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know no-one's gonna change each other's mind, but i think it's incorrect to brand Ben an inferior defender. Sure, their attacking prowess are there to be disected, but i think you're over-zealous to be that dismissive.

Everyone keeps battering on about how Ben Davies is a worse attacking player than Danny Rose. So why is it that Danny Rose has only ever been involved in 6 goals during a season yet in his first season in the first team for Spurs, Davies has managed to be involved with 8? Everyone seems so quick to big up Danny Rose here, but even he can't deny that the numbers are against him.

I'm going to just come out and say this right now and I don't give a fuck how many disagrees it gets.

I'm glad we didnt win anything this year. The players sure as fuck deserve it, but a large majority of our fans fucking don't. This place is quickly becoming like that lot down the road and I'm fucking embarrassed by it.

Rose in the last two seasons was the best English left back since Ashley Cole by far. Top 5 in the world. He’s Davies even on the best 15 right now?
Based on what? What criteria are we using? Based on creative passing, Davies is the best fullback in England. It takes a lot more than that to make a good fullback though. I don't know what you use to judge what makes a good fullback. Based upon what I'd use as criteria, I'd say Ben is Danny's equal. He's not as fast, but better at reading the game. But that's a gut call, and not a way to rank a guy across Europe when I haven't watched enough football to make that kind of assertion.

as a central midfielder i'd suggest Sergej Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio (23 yrs): complete player, he can do it all, great tecnique, great passing ability, great vision, exciting player, a real threat with his 1,93 cm.

as a central midfielder i'd suggest Sergej Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio (23 yrs): complete player, he can do it all, great tecnique, great passing ability, great vision, exciting player, a real threat with his 1,93 cm.
But this involves giving money to anti-Semitic fascists. I am not sure that we can do this one, just on general principles.

Everyone keeps battering on about how Ben Davies is a worse attacking player than Danny Rose. So why is it that Danny Rose has only ever been involved in 6 goals during a season yet in his first season in the first team for Spurs, Davies has managed to be involved with 8? Everyone seems so quick to big up Danny Rose here, but even he can't deny that the numbers are against him.

I'm going to just come out and say this right now and I don't give a fuck how many disagrees it gets.

I'm glad we didnt win anything this year. The players sure as fuck deserve it, but a large majority of our fans fucking don't. This place is quickly becoming like that lot down the road and I'm fucking embarrassed by it.

Don’t expect ANY kind of response regarding Davies.

How apt the glasses are called Rose Tints...reading this place it’s like we used to have the fucking love child of Lizarazu and Maldini playing for us.

What’s he done since he’s come back? Fuck all, but apparently we’d be winning the CL in a couple weeks if Danny fucking Rose was playing

Think a few of us have identified him as Dembele's heir - but he'll cost us £60,000,000+ so I can't see us ever completing a deal for him.

Jordi Alba, Rodriguez, Marcelo, David Alaba, the crocked LB Man City bought from Monaco, Kurzawa....

Rodriquez hasn’t been as good a Rose was, and I’d say Davies has been better this season. Alaba and Marcelo are certains. Alba is good but not a world beater, Kurzawa isn’t great and Mendy had a great season with Monaco but the jury is still out. Look at Bakayoko.

No ones debating whether or not Davies has been better than Rose this season, of course he has been, he's played what seems like 20 games more and had a hand in assists and goals - but Rose the last two years, especially 2015/2016 was arguably the best left back in Europe. Davies isn't even the best left back in the country.

That's not saying we want Rose over Davies - it's saying we need better than Ben Davies. Someone who preferably had the same attributes Rose had in the system that best suited us and had us fighting at the top of the table the past two seasons with the best defence in the country.

Just like Pochettino went out and signed someone who 'on paper' had similar attributes to Walker in that he's quick, beats a man and aggressive in his forward runs in Aurier (as well as scouting Perreira). Obviously it hasn't panned out like that but hopefully we'll see more of what Aurier's about next season.

No ones debating whether or not Davies has been better than Rose this season, of course he has been, he's played what seems like 20 games more and had a hand in assists and goals - but Rose the last two years, especially 2015/2016 was arguably the best left back in Europe. Davies isn't even the best left back in the country.

That's not saying we want Rose over Davies - it's saying we need better than Ben Davies. Someone who preferably had the same attributes Rose had in the system that best suited us and had us fighting at the top of the table the past two seasons with the best defence in the country.

Just like Pochettino went out and signed someone who 'on paper' had similar attributes to Walker in that he's quick, beats a man and aggressive in his forward runs in Aurier (as well as scouting Perreira). Obviously it hasn't panned out like that but hopefully we'll see more of what Aurier's about next season.

Rose was never the best left back in Europe, much like Walker he had two good seasons with us in ten years

Rose was never the best left back in Europe, much like Walker he had two good seasons with us in ten years
The common denominator being Poch - he coached them into being a well oiled machine down the flanks.
I’m confident that we will always have good full backs under the gaffer. Just waiting for KWP to burst through as our next starlet.

Walker has done very well, Rose has regressed completely.

Selling Rose wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. He shit the bed with that interview and has done fuck all this season to justify his bragging in that interview. It may be due to lack of game time, punishment(?) or just that he’s never recovered from his injury or straightened his head out. The only downside is that his sale value will have plummeted so less money to reinvest in the squad. Such is life ...

Back
Top Bottom