Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah KWP is a right back but I think he can also be used as an emergency left back.

To be fair I replied to the wrong post, I replied to a reply of a post, should have just replied to the original post. If that makes sense (confused myself now).

Just got too many bad memories of Son at left back last year and Nethercott as emergency left back in 1995.

Well we have jan now if all else fails. Not a bad back up plan.

Probably the only way Toby is getting near the first team is injuries to others. Be interesting to see if Dier got the nod ahead of Toby......

Either playing 3 at the back or using Jan as a LB are both very viable alternatives if needs must.

Well we have jan now if all else fails. Not a bad back up plan.

Probably the only way Toby is getting near the first team is injuries to others. Be interesting to see if Dier got the nod ahead of Toby......

Either playing 3 at the back or using Jan as a LB are both very viable alternatives if needs must.
Thank you I forgot about Super Jan man!

:pochfacepalm:

Its nice Kane is chasing top gun spot, hopefully this will (not that he seems to need it) motivate him to get out there and score goals against this lot. Only 4 behind so a brace will do nicely thank you. Tough game with City looking not to lose. I can't see them going gung ho as they played midweek and we are rested . They are there for the beating but we must be 100% on our game-not allow them sniff. COYS

I don't think they'll rest anyone seeing their season is essentially over in terms of other competitions. Aguero will probably start over Jesus and possibly Gundogan over Silva

I prefer Son to Lamela but the latter would start if I were picking the team.

Lamela simply has greater intensity and energy and he is in good form and fully fit. Someone will also need to help Aurier so maybe Sissoko gets talked about here as well.

I believe the selection will possibly not be aa expected or Pochettino says nope we take you on with our standard team.

City are there for the taking. No doubt at all.

Last edited:
I actually think Poch might go back to Trippier for this one, even though he got ripped a new one up in Manchester.

If it were me picking it I'd go:

Lloris

Aurier
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Davies

Dier
Dembele

Son
Eriksen
Alli

Kane

I can see the arguments for starting Lamela, but I think Son still provides intensity, and he's a greater scoring threat.

I hope Walker doesn't get booed. A good servant to the club who was part of both squads that got top four finishes under two different managers.

If you don't like him or what he done, I don't think it warrants any boos.

What’s great is, even a bad result can be put right 3 days later! Love a midweek pl game.

Bit thread detailing admittedly... but are we gonna wear our navy away strip vs Brighton? Who wear both blue and white? Also what about West Brom? Ridiculous imo that we don’t have a yellow or black kit

I hope Walker doesn't get booed. A good servant to the club who was part of both squads that got top four finishes under two different managers.

If you don't like him or what he done, I don't think it warrants any boos.
Thats bollocks Totti:
He chased the money and told Poch and the other Spurs players to shove the dream up their arses:
So why should we respect him: I say fuck him!

Shocked that some of you think that Son should not start.

He has been our best attacking player at Wembley this season. Think too many of you are scared of City.. look at their most recent results, and look at our results this year (only team unbeaten in league) If we go out there to win and play attacking football then we stand a great chance.

Thats bollocks Totti:
He chased the money and told Poch and the other Spurs players to shove the dream up their arses:
So why should we respect him: I say fuck him!
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom