FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand the offside rule.
So please can someone explain why Son is called offside here?
No part of his body is over the last line.
His foot is just as close as the defenders.

Col_McCafferty Col_McCafferty

The decision was given by the linesman was given , I accept that, fair dos, but when they brought VAR into it , he was clearly onside, proving that VAR is shite
The problem is the use of the term clear and obvious error

So basically Sonny needs to be behind, not level, otherwise it's not clear and obvious - same as when they go to video for a catch in cricket or a try in rugby

The reason they don't allow overrule for that one is then we question why bother with linesmen. What they need to do is get a better faster system for these reviews, or use the same as Hockey - each team gets one appeal for VAR, they have to give a reason to the umpire, and if it's wrong they lose their appeal

That doesn't stop hockey (proper field, not ice) from still being significantly faster as a game than football

Eriksen robbed of a proper assist. I.e Doing something very skilled to create a genuine chance as opposed to a five yard pass and the player beating men then shooting in from long range.

What I hate most about VAR is that if that was ruled onside, and then its ruled a goal, I don't get the sheer bliss of watching it unfold real time. Thats what every fan lives for in my opinion, to take that away from the game is detrimental to the sport.

What I hate most about VAR is that if that was ruled onside, and then its ruled a goal, I don't get the sheer bliss of watching it unfold real time. Thats what every fan lives for in my opinion, to take that away from the game is detrimental to the sport.
People say despite the time it takes at least "you get the correct decision" but this shows that just ain't true.

I would have to listen back in real time but I thought the whistle went BEFORE Son took the shot, if that's the case it would be be a very weird goal to award.

I agree but then why use VAR? Play to the whistle.

The moment VAR was used it ridiculed the lino, it also showed that he was onside & despite all that abortion , it wasn’t given

Back
Top Bottom