Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worse than London? Hmmmmm.......

So anyway, 500 fans and essentially 5k neutrals and tourists.....?

Makes you wonder why the 'Dale fans here are so touchy about the lack of singing being pointed out.

Thing is, WHY would the 5k turn up and sing songs for players they have no connection with?

They came to see Spurs, didn't they.... :dierno:
Worse than London? Hmmmmm.......

So anyway, 500 fans and essentially 5k neutrals and tourists.....?

Makes you wonder why the 'Dale fans here are so touchy about the lack of singing being pointed out.

Thing is, WHY would the 5k turn up and sing songs for players they have no connection with?

They came to see Spurs, didn't they.... :dierno:
Yes much worse than London for its population, we have Burnley Fans Leeds fans,Liverpool , Man U Man City etc

We live in a bad catchment area for small clubs as there are so many big clubs around us.

Bless. What were we when we started out? A tiny non-league club in a big city with the northern clubs holding all the cards. We showed ambition, your club has never done that nor ever will. Don’t try to dress it up any other way.

Bless. What were we when we started out? A tiny non-league club in a big city with the northern clubs holding all the cards. We showed ambition, your club has never done that nor ever will. Don’t try to dress it up any other way.
Are you not capable of an intelligent conversation without being a knob? Ffs

Well not quite, but I know what you are saying.

We did sing tonight, but you were almost silent apart from a half finished rendition of when the spurs go marching in.
There were much more than 500 true Dale fans there, I just used that figure As an example.

Just taking your figures on face value.... I didnt make them up.

Regardless, if the contradiction you make is legit; the more true fans there, the more bizarre that they weren't more vocal (esp. the home leg) IMO.

Were we quiet tonight? Sure.... I can offer plenty of reasons for that but I'm not blinkered enough to deny it nor take offense over what is essentially true.

Yes much worse than London for its population, we have Burnley Fans Leeds fans,Liverpool , Man U Man City etc

Aren't you stretching it somewhat listing the likes of Leeds and/or Liverpool?

Besides, i wasnt talking of London from a Spurs perspective... Orient, Charlton, Brentford, Millwall and so on manage to conjur a passionate, vocal fanbass despite the likes of us, chavs, goons being that much bigger. That's without mentiong the tier inbetween: (QPR, Palace, Wham etc.) nor any teams based in the surrounding counties.

I stand by my protestation.

We do, we aren’t the ones hanging about on other teams forums
Tbf the rochdale forum is a bit shit. Maybe he just wants a different perspective on things? I get what you're saying though but honestly, as long as that person respects the other users I have no issue with it. Calling people cunts for a minute reason isn't doing that, however it happens on here enough without opposition fans and I'd like to think that most of us are classy enough to call someone out on it without being a total dick themselves. Sometimes I feel like this site (and a lot of others really) is full of kids with the way the users interact with each other. It's just an internet forum ffs, not face to face.

I'd like to think that steve has learned his lesson and that if he wishes to remain on here, does so whilst respecting the other users (most of which are spurs fans). I'd also like to think that we could all respect him if he does so. People take a lot of small issues a bit too seriously on here imo.

Personally, I'm just happy with the win after THAT first half. Team played really well as a whole in the second 45.

Shoot us the link - I don't want to look at too much of that filthy forum layout.
xx.gif

Re: Spurs
« Reply #10169 on: Yesterday at 09:37:12 PM »

Surprised the mouth breather hasn't come on for another stat padding exercise against lower league opposition like in previous rounds

:kaneshh:

You won't believe this. Had a fiver on Llorente to get a hattrick. Also had a fiver on Spurs to win 5-1. Won £50. But lost out on £100.
You must've been LIVID that Danny Rose scored right at the end?!

BTW... anyone else hear the Kyle Walker-Peters interview on TalkSport last night...? He was really scathing about VAR apparently!!
:roseunsure:

Back
Top Bottom