Palace (A) 25-Feb. 12PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People whining about aurier, yeah he wasn't at his best but he had some lovely touches (that flick to eriksen when kane missed from a metre) and put in a potential goal saving tackle up the other end. Apart from the throws and tripping on the ball he was okay. Davies was no better at crossing yet no one is going on about him

Because we expect more from Aurier. He was world class right back couple years ago.

I would be more concerned if this was a pattern, but considering our record and form as of late, I’m not going to complain about an off day 3 points. Add them to the tally and get ready for next week.
It's games like this that make true top teams. When you struggle and still grind out the wins

3 points
4th place
Unbeaten since November
Fans fighting with each other

Seriously, can’t we just enjoy this ride.

It’s been an outstanding season.

Fair dues to Palace. They played their strategy of killing the game and herding us away from goals as well as they possibly could.

But in the end we came out the deserved victor

I'd personally say that he has been decent overall. But he does seem to be a player of high highpoints and very low lowpoints. But Walker and Rose were the same and given time I predict that Pochettino will be able to make Aurier better as well.

I try to never write off a player in his first season since it usually takes a player coming in from a foreign league about a year to adapt fully to everything from training, the team, philosophy and life in England
I agree with the last part of that. Criticising his poor performances isn’t the same as writing him off though. I hope he does come good and Poch’s record with fullbacks in particular would suggest he will. Doesn’t make him any less frustrating right now though.

Back
Top Bottom