Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That happens the point is they should not have even had possession. No one tracked the runner, everyone ball watching. Not sure why we are playing one twos in the 912st minute and trying to be flash. Launch it in the corners and keep it there. Game over. There was a warning earlier then the goal where they are offside but we still don't learn....so it's not just about the header.

I don't disagree with any of that, but Rochdale still deserve credit.

It's ironic that we've complained for years as to the easy runs Woolwich have had getting to the FA Cup final, yet when the football gods finally smile benevolently upon us, granting our long held wish to draw teams from the far reaches of the lower divisions, we manage to make it a more difficult proposition than climbing up Everest in flip flops with one hand tied behind the back and a fork in the other.
Spursy had to take a new form :sonpoint:

Am I the ONLY one who doesn't think having a replay is SUCH a bad thing?

It'll almost certainly mean the bulk of our 2nd string get another game under their belts (I can't for ONE minute think Poch will play any more than one or two players involved in the Palace match next Sunday...)

PLUS... it'll give yesterdays team a chance to put yesterday right... and if they DO THAT, then (what with the next round draw being away) will give them an additional game at Wembley that the 6th round won't necessarily provide.
I'd say it's a Win/Win... unless we lose!
I agree, said the same thing earlier. Rose looked better and better as the game went on, and he will just push on further with another 90 minutes. Alderweirald, Wanyama and Winks definitely needed that game, and another one, and it helps Moura get in tune with the game plan.
Play 10 of the same starting 11 at Wembley, but with Lamela for Son. It's all good.

As if this is something new in football. Lincoln beat Burnley, Wimbledon beat Liverpool.
Wrexham beat Woolwich when bottom of the old 4th division,
Woolwich played Seaman, Dixon, Winterburn, Adams O’Leary rocastle, Merson, Smith and Campbell .
Southern league Hereford beat Newcastle
Shrewsbury beat Everton
League one Bradford beat Chelsea at SB 2015 ffs.
Anyway

We didn’t lose

I agree, said the same thing earlier. Rose looked better and better as the game went on, and he will just push on further with another 90 minutes. Alderweirald, Wanyama and Winks definitely needed that game, and another one, and it helps Moura get in tune with the game plan.
Play 10 of the same starting 11 at Wembley, but with Lamela for Son. It's all good.
Yeah you’re right.
Play the same team.
I’d stick with Son though, for at least 60 mins,
He’ll probably score at Wembley.

Am I the ONLY one who doesn't think having a replay is SUCH a bad thing?

It'll almost certainly mean the bulk of our 2nd string get another game under their belts (I can't for ONE minute think Poch will play any more than one or two players involved in the Palace match next Sunday...)

PLUS... it'll give yesterdays team a chance to put yesterday right... and if they DO THAT, then (what with the next round draw being away) will give them an additional game at Wembley that the 6th round won't necessarily provide.
I'd say it's a Win/Win... unless we lose!

I see it as a good thing. As a fan it means I get to see another game without having to wait for my football fix. How can that be a bad thing? Also I think sometimes you play better when the games come thick and fast and we have a large squad with everyone fit. If we had injuries then it'd be different but players need games. It's not like we are going to lose the tie at home.

Its does if its positive discrimination??

I would hope In this day and age the team is picked on merit, colour of skin, race or sexual orientation shouldn’t have fuck all to do with it, it’s about how good you are at football, but I’m also a believer in that if for instance 11 coloured players are the best 11 then let them play, we shouldn’t have to pick 1asiaN and 1white and 1 Indian player who might not be as good but we just to make it fairer and more PC, it should go by who is the best, but like I said before it’s not the 60s any more , surely this kind of thing doesn’t still exist in football?

Really are we debating Rochdale squads lack of black players.
BAME players make up 33% of the PL.
considering BAME make up 13% of the UK population.
Don’t know what the percentages are in other leagues. But really.
Rochdale had a BAME manager ( mixed like Hughton) in the 60’s. First to do so, and have black players in the squad today

I thinks you’ll find the are more Asian than Black in Rochdale.
The majority being Irish or UK white.
I presume Rochdale will mainly have to recruit youth locally as the best youngsters will be snapped up by Greater Manchester’s other bigger clubs.

Maybe ask why there are a lack of Asians in football. Which seems mad.

"Incredible performance, full of grit, aggression, skill, fight and passion" What, save this for Saturday.

Last six games.

LOST AGAINST DONCASTER ROVERS ON DECEMBER 29TH
LOST AGAINST BLACKPOOL ON JANUARY 1ST
LOST AGAINST GILLINGHAM ON JANUARY 13TH
WON AGAINST NORTHAMPTON TOWN ON FEBRUARY 3RD
LOST AGAINST BRISTOL ROVERS ON FEBRUARY 13TH
DRAW AGAINST THFC ON FEBRUARY 18TH

I would asking questions of the players and the coach?
Awww please stop, anyone would think we are a shit league 1 club, oh hang on a minute !

Don’t why some idiots are trying to score points against Rochdale. They put on a damn good show in every way. There’s was plenty of singing from them throughout. The atmosphere was good. They let away fans into their clubhouse bar. Were a good laugh in general. Played a good game. Gives me another night away from screaming kids and a grumpy wife with a few beers and decent curry in Wembley. Mind you I lose next Monday, which I was looking forward to. A lot.

Back
Top Bottom