Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you go on the Dale forum , there is a girl giving commentary via her video phone, you can clearly hear the Dale fans singing .
When there is a big noisy away following like you had last night, that is all you can hear as the microphones are directly above you .
When a goal is scored it is almost impossible not to hear the roar when 6000 ecstatic fans are cheering.
I was in the seated stand behind the goal and the home fans were loud, albeit drowned out by the microphones in your stand on tv, as I watched some of it back when I got home.
Fair enough but what about when Spurs fans weren't singing, surely something should be heard then? Always during these games the "underdog" teams are very noisy, always the commentators, who are actually at the game make reference to this but they didn't say this about your fans, they only talked about the Spurs fans. Anyway, just loved the fact all you could hear is Spurs fans signing and absolutely nothing from you lot if truth be told. You'll get another chance to make some noise in a stadium that has microphones all the way around that pitch, so no excuses.

At least your manager enjoyed it! Listen to our fans though, brilliant!

Last edited:
DO you know how quick it was to cut and paste?
I was in a drunken stupor and that was the only song I could think of with Fernando in the title... didn't even read the lyrics!

Now I feel stupid and ashamed... like waking up the morning after with SOMETHING in your bed that wasnt there the night before, and you didn't remember 'doing'...? :avbfacepalm:

I accept my fate, and expect the sin bin votes to come a RAINING DOWN LAWDEE!

:defoe:
My name is 1882. Help me!

That's The Name of the Game, eh. The Winner Takes It All, eeeehhhh.

Me?

I Have a Dream.

:pochsmirk:

Am I the ONLY one who doesn't think having a replay is SUCH a bad thing?

It'll almost certainly mean the bulk of our 2nd string get another game under their belts (I can't for ONE minute think Poch will play any more than one or two players involved in the Palace match next Sunday...)

PLUS... it'll give yesterdays team a chance to put yesterday right... and if they DO THAT, then (what with the next round draw being away) will give them an additional game at Wembley that the 6th round won't necessarily provide.
I'd say it's a Win/Win... unless we lose!

Cant say i'm pleased that we now have another unnecessary game. Some shocking lapses of concentration for their goals especially the second. But cant say its unexpected.

Don't know why the "we should be burying these with our under 18's" crew are always so surprised.

Overconfidence + massive rotation + away games at clubs playing their game of the century will always cause US problems. How many times have Kane and Alli come of the bench to save us in the early cup rounds in the past.

The benefit of knowing our next round opponent should be the incentive we need to get this sewn up quickly at Wembley.

Cue tabloid press mass hysteria as we play the semi at "Home" and get a unfair advantage.

Last edited:
Am I the ONLY one who doesn't think having a replay is SUCH a bad thing?

It'll almost certainly mean the bulk of our 2nd string get another game under their belts (I can't for ONE minute think Poch will play any more than one or two players involved in the Palace match next Sunday...)

PLUS... it'll give yesterdays team a chance to put yesterday right... and if they DO THAT, then (what with the next round draw being away) will give them an additional game at Wembley that the 6th round won't necessarily provide.
I'd say it's a Win/Win... unless we lose!
Agree with you.
Clogs up the fixtures ,but hey ho.
And the football fan inside me says Dale are only getting what they deserve...And it'll pay for their new pitch.
If we lose ,i will sulk though.

"Incredible performance, full of grit, aggression, skill, fight and passion" What, save this for Saturday.

Last six games.

LOST AGAINST DONCASTER ROVERS ON DECEMBER 29TH
LOST AGAINST BLACKPOOL ON JANUARY 1ST
LOST AGAINST GILLINGHAM ON JANUARY 13TH
WON AGAINST NORTHAMPTON TOWN ON FEBRUARY 3RD
LOST AGAINST BRISTOL ROVERS ON FEBRUARY 13TH
DRAW AGAINST THFC ON FEBRUARY 18TH

I would asking questions of the players and the coach?
Good God stop being such a dick your allegations of their club being racist was embarrassing enough reading your replies in this thread is honestly cringe worthy.

Apparently ,the rumour is you contributed 100k of the 500k cost, I’m not sure if this is the case though.

I thought it was the FA who contributed towards any extra cost it would take to do it in the timeframe.
Your chairman officially stated it wasn’t a welcome mat for Spurs, it was to ensure survival.
Pochettino did urge the FA to intervene and there was an inclination that we may contribute towards the cost.
Pochettino seems a very genuine bloke and I would think he spoke to Levy to help financially.
It’s about football in the end.
He said.

“If it is like I saw in the pictures, I think you cannot play football on it. That is my point of view. But not because we are Tottenham. No, I think Rochdale cannot play football there too. And it’s a massive risk for their players too.”
“I’m going to speak with the chairman and with the club, try to find a solution or to see what we can do,”

just asking and glad to be made clear that there are. I have strong feelings towards discrimination in the game. You fielded an all white 11 which is unusual in this time
nice one mate, good question, in fact, great question.
You have now made Rochdale fans think that all Spurs fans are massive bell ends.
I take it that was your aim?

Berk

nice one mate, good question, in fact, great question.
You have now made Rochdale fans think that all Spurs fans are massive bell ends.
I take it that was your aim?

Berk
Im sorry you feel this way...

Slight over reaction . It was a genuine question. They fielded an all white team. That is very unusual for this day and age in football or in any sport. There was no racist accusation just observation. Many on here will tarnish each and every WHU or Chelsea supporter with an assumption that they are racist and thugs because the few Hiss and chant racist comments.

Whether Im right or a Berk , this over reaction is typical and all it does is smother any questions that may be out there. There is no harm in asking questions no matter how sensitive. Rochdale have had their own high profile 'racist' problems in recent years which, if questions were asked , it may have never happened.

LOL what? Do we have to have quotas for certain amounts of non white players in a team now? Jesus Christ
No, you are right, there is no quoters.
I felt it a genuine question to ask as they fielded an all white team- whats the problem ? They replied, accepted , moved on. Rather than look up the Rochdale squad on line and see for myself, I asked the question and ill ask it again to any team that fields an all white team. Sorry if you feel uncomfortable with this, I don't. We must never stop asking questions , racism is wrong, and denying that it exists does not make it go away.

No, you are right, there is no quoters.
I felt it a genuine question to ask as they fielded an all white team- whats the problem ? They replied, accepted , moved on. Rather than look up the Rochdale squad on line and see for myself, I asked the question and ill ask it again to any team that fields an all white team. Sorry if you feel uncomfortable with this, I don't. We must never stop asking questions , racism is wrong, and denying that it exists does not make it go away.
Please, just stop!

shareasimage.png

It's ironic that we've complained for years as to the easy runs Woolwich have had getting to the FA Cup final, yet when the football gods finally smile benevolently upon us, granting our long held wish to draw teams from the far reaches of the lower divisions, we manage to make it a more difficult proposition than climbing up Everest in flip flops with one hand tied behind the back and a fork in the other.

Back
Top Bottom