Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chiellini dived all over the place yesterday.
How many free kicks did he win, for nothing.

Yet some cunts are picking on Kane again.

Also what did Higuain really do?
It was a sweet volley but I feel Hugo should have saved it. Just a bit unlucky?
He got a hand to that first goal and the penalty but failed to divert both away or around.

After that he didn’t do much.
I thought he was excellent in the first half to be fair, even though the first goal was offside it was a quality turn and volley, certainly wouldn't blame Hugo for not getting to that. Every time they broke they looked dangerous but they were fucked by the 2nd half, especially him where in the 2nd half he looked every inch a 30 year old who's best days are behind him.

If that's the case then go elsewhere. The club did the same with King Kane, Lamela, Tripps, Davies.....few to mention.

science-sarcasm-professor-frink-comic-book-guy-631.jpg
I’ll

'Incredibly mature performance' - what the BBC Radio 5 live pundits said
Former Spurs manager David Pleat

Juventus were complacent in the first half after going two goals up. It was probably the worst thing that could have happened to them because they sat a little bit and Tottenham had no option but to push on.

As the game developed they made their ascendancy count. Juventus were a little disappointing when you consider their results over the past three months in Italy.

It is quite incredible. They faded in the second half in Cardiff when they played Real Madrid in the final last year, they've got some ageing players in the squad and were missing some players.

They may well have players back, including Paulo Dybala, for the second game. And they've had a good look at Tottenham now so they know what they are up against. This will be a titanic battle.

Former Spurs winger Chris Waddle

For 80 minutes Tottenham have been the better team. Gonzalo Higuain had chances but didn't take them.

Tottenham played all the football, were constantly in the Juventus half, and could have scored two more. They were by far the better side over 90 minutes.

European football expert Mina Rzouki

The story will be that Juventus have blown it. You were 2-0 up in your own stadium with a supposedly impenetrable defence. But they dropped really deep, maybe got a bit low on confidence and when Spurs pressed their midfield they couldn't deal with it. I have to say Mousa Dembele was fantastic.

But Juventus had several chances to close it out. They needed someone like Blaise Matuidi to add a bit more drive, a bit more aggression.

The Times chief football writer Henry Winter

Incredibly mature performance from Tottenham. Been watching English teams in Europe over the past few years, Chelsea a few years ago winning the Champions League and Manchester United before them. In recent years there's been a naivety in English performances in terms of giving the ball away, bad tactics, at times technically exposed.

Apart from that opening nine minutes it was fantastic in terms of showing strength of character, Dembele striding forward in midfield. Christian Eriksen's free-kick - I talked to journalists here in Italy and they say it's something Buffon does, the little step to the side. Maybe he knew that and capitalised.

Kane showed shades of Alan Shearer late in his career in terms of working over a defence with his mindset, getting Mehdi Benatia booked, a really intelligent performance. Fantastic night, great fight, great performance.

Last night keeps coming back to me today, but it's slightly different to the feeling after, say, the United and Woolwich games. With them I was just buzzing over the result, but with this it's such a feeling of pride in our team and the resilience they showed. I'm always proud of being Spurs, but I haven't felt it as acutely as this in quite a while.

You're a racist, and a loser. And that is all I have to say to you, you gooner loving piece of shite. But stop pretending to be a spurs fan, coz you're not. And you ain't welcome here either.

Now fuck off and shag your granny you fat twat. OVER AND OUT!
Very poor voice procedure chaps.
OVER - I have finished speaking and expect a reply.
OUT - Conversation is terminated I will contact you if there is anything further.
You can't use the two words to shut down the same transmission.

Wankers
:)

We are fucking good! proud to be a yid.
I tend to avoid match threads because of all the shit that gets posted. I just knew this thread was going to be comedy gold after our start last night and just had to be read all the way through and I was not disappointed. One burning question, why not concentrate on the fucking game rather than typing shit on here in the middle of a match? Genuine question I just dont see the appeal.
Agree, rarely make comment during playing time as concentrating on game. Made a comment when I first joined forum about not being able to multitasking by watching game and posting and got a lot of disagrees/abuse.

They’ve done the same as us Trophy wise
Since 2008 we have both won one league cup .
Domestically they have had 3 semi finals and one final
We have had 3 semi finals, two finals and one QF
We have finished above them 7 times of the 10 seasons.
Yeah but they won the war of the Roses, World War one and cured foot rot before that so they are the bestest ever.

There was a time when some people didn’t rate Vertonghen. Said he didn’t care becuase of his body language in the tunnel.
A lot of fans wanted him out,
I was guilty of that.If was after a game v Liverpool.
Never wanted to see him in a Spurs shirt again.
It was purely his attitude with me,not his football.
Thankfully Poch didn't listen to me :)

And will do with Sissoko
I will take your post as a serious reply to my post. Poch will try and give a player a season or even two and if the players doesn't perform or doesn't fit his philosophy then he will ship that player to another club permanently or on loan, such as the cases with Soldado, Chadli, Vincnent, Yedlin ...etc.

I will take your post as a serious reply to my post. Poch will try and give a player a season or even two and if the players doesn't perform or doesn't fit his philosophy then he will ship that player to another club permanently or on loan, such as the cases with Soldado, Chadli, Vincnent, Yedlin ...etc.

Would certainly start him at Rochdale

Agree, rarely make comment during playing time as concentrating on game. Made a comment when I first joined forum about not being able to multitasking by watching game and posting and got a lot of disagrees/abuse.
Some people comment on here, others bite their nails, others get drunk. Everyone deals with the match in their own way. No right, no wrong.

he's right
It's a bit like getting an endorsement from harvey weinstein or jimmy saville though.
It’s been ok for Polanski?
Don’t get it. Half the women actors moaning about Harvey signed a petition Weinstein made backing a confessed convicted paedophile Polanski . Myrell Streep claimed Romans sex with a 13 yard old was seduction, consensual and not rape. Oprah Winfrey supported him.
Most of them Still worked with Polanski as did many male actors.
He’s the only one been convicted of anything and he still sleeps with 13. -16 yrs olds and gets acclaim for his films,
Hypocrisy at its best.

Sorry rant over

It’s been ok for Polanski?
Don’t get it. Half the women actors moaning about Harvey signed a petition Weinstein made backing a confessed convicted paedophile Polanski . Myrell Streep claimed Romans sex with a 13 yard old was seduction, consensual and not rape. Oprah Winfrey supported him.
Most of them Still worked with Polanski as did many male actors.
He’s the only one been convicted of anything and he still sleeps with 13. -16 yrs olds and gets acclaim for his films,
Hypocrisy at its best.

Sorry rant over

Post this shit elsewhere.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom