Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tough night for the fullbacks and Sanchez. Dele was poor and kept forcing things that weren't there. He needs a plan B in a big way. Eriksen, Lamela, Moose were all fantastic. That Kane finish was ridiculous considering the angle and speed needed on the ball via a weaker foot. What a result really.

Got the assist on the first goal and won the free kick for the second .... let's hope he keeps this 'poor' run going ....

Massive learning curve for Sanchez.
He had some off touches and seemed overawed initially.

He's only 21, and this experience will serve him well. I have faith in this kid.

Not a day Im looking for negatives, as the result and comeback makes me so proud of the lot of them, but if I had to pick on a few names that were off their game I would include Dier. I think there was a passage there in the second half, where he simply couldn't find his mark with a pass. Off day, for a usually solid player.

Aurier is a bit rocks and diamonds, but again, just joined us and over time Poch will mould him nicely. Good competition between Tripps and Serge. They bring different elements to the game.

Great experience for all the lads. Like i said in this thread before the game, this Spurs outfit is a different animal. I was pissed off at 2 nil, but never thought we would melt and cop a battering. Poch has created an environment whereby no opponent is feared. Respected, yes, but not feared.

Best time to be a Spurs fan right now. Enjoy the ride fellow members... I know I am ..

What a great game. At 2-0 down I was devastated but I knew we had the whole match to go and that we wouldn't give up so easily. Bring on Wembley!

Honestly I feel really good about progressing after that, and if we do then i really think we can go all the way.

Personally, I think we will get all the way to the Semi-Finals then be knocked out by Barcelona or City. Then still be labelled as 'bottlers' by Woolwich and the like.

Just try and learn not to melt so badly, if our players had your mentality we would be relegated

Listen to the podcast this week it was really good, and they sum up beautifully what its like to be a fan and how we should not get caught up in knee jerks, enjoy the moment.

10 mins of football does not define a season whether 2 up or 2 down, you have seen enough football and must know that this is the case surely?

We used to be useless, our average league position since 1961 is 8th and have no divine right to trophies, enjoy this team as it will not always be like this, there will be hard times and thats when you voice concerns when change is needed, this is when we push and believe my man

COYS
Completely agree, but it just gets to me so badly when we do so poorly

Great mental fortitude by the squad tonight. That’s a match that a lot of spurs teams from years gone by would have completely crumbled in. We’ve been able to beat anyone in the world on our day for quite a while, it’s been consistency to perform like a top club regularly and to find results when things go tits up that we’ve lacked. These are the type of performances that lift a club up and over the highest of bars.

The locker rooms at the Jämtkraft Arena are actually real nice. But I would not put it past the ÖFK chairman to turn off the heating in the away rooms and cut the hot water. He's ruthless.

Are you going? I was offered a ticket but had to say no. In Stockholm working.

Massive learning curve for Sanchez.
He had some off touches and seemed overawed initially.

He's only 21, and this experience will serve him well. I have faith in this kid.

Not a day Im looking for negatives, as the result and comeback makes me so proud of the lot of them, but if I had to pick on a few names that were off their game I would include Dier. I think there was a passage there in the second half, where he simply couldn't find his mark with a pass. Off day, for a usually solid player.

Aurier is a bit rocks and diamonds, but again, just joined us and over time Poch will mould him nicely. Good competition between Tripps and Serge. They bring different elements to the game.

Great experience for all the lads. Like i said in this thread before the game, this Spurs outfit is a different animal. I was pissed off at 2 nil, but never thought we would melt and cop a battering. Poch has created an environment whereby no opponent is feared. Respected, yes, but not feared.

Best time to be a Spurs fan right now. Enjoy the ride fellow members... I know I am ..
Dier....DIER???
Which game are you talking about? Because it wasn't last night.

Completely agree, but it just gets to me so badly when we do so poorly
Then keep your hands off the keyboard until things get better. When the team is down or under the cosh WE CAN ALL SEE IT! You bitching about it just pisses off everyone posting in on the the thread.
IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU KNOW MORE THAN EVERYBODY ELSE.
Breathe deep, calm down and resist the urge to post.
Unless you enjoy the abuse of course.

There must be a blow the bloody doors off joke somewhere but I can't think of it so early.

On topic - Aurier was having a 'mare. I would have taken him off at HT because I thought he'd been booked. Would defo have taken him off when he did get it. Really surprised Tripps didnt come on, and Vic too to allow Dier to play in back 4 for Sanchez. It was no surprise that he looked poor at times, he's done the same against the better teams at times. Still very young of course.

I imagine Toby will be back for the return, giving us the option of back3/5, which makes sense to hit them on the counter.

Ridiculous defending for the first 2 goals. Fucking playing around at the back in the first 2 mins, yes that makes a fuck of a lot of sense after what happened at Anfield. Juve will pressurise the same at Wembley, before their ageing legs completely collapse.

Did Hugo get a finger tip to that 2nd pen? That first goal was offside and I called it at the time on the replay. Blloody experts ignored it as doesnt fit their script.

Moose - immense.

Trolls saying that Juve blew it with that pen to make it 3-1. But I would still have been confident that we'd get goals; we absolutely bossed the rest of the 1st half in chances as well as possession.

Really annoyed now that I have to take annual leave early March and can't make Wembley now.

Football is a funny old game ?

In a bizarre way that start may actually be the best thing to happen to us this season and possibly next season as well.

Reminds the whole team to be on it from the 1st second. That’s the reality of elite football.
Gives the whole club belief we are properly competing with the best in the world now.

I’m wondering what we can actually achieve now in our new stadium next year.

This Tottenham team is a different animal.

So many melts. I made one comment, "shit" then decided to just follow the game. As the first half unfolded it was clear, like a boxer that had suffered a knockdown in the first round but recovered in time to beat the count, that we were starting to regain our computer and slowly but surely were getting back into it. When our first goal game it was entirely merited. Yes we got a bit lucky with the second pen but we deserved that and overall we deserved at least a draw maybe more.

The second leg will still be tough but it's most definitely Advantage Spurs.
Not sure what Im surprised at, the comments, or that people are able to comment during the game. You will get an honest emotionally charged reaction which I was just pointing out. :dierpochhug:

In a bizarre way that start may actually be the best thing to happen to us this season and possibly next season as well.

Reminds the whole team to be on it from the 1st second. That’s the reality of elite football.
Gives the whole club belief we are properly competing with the best in the world now.

I’m wondering what we can actually achieve now in our new stadium next year.

This Tottenham team is a different animal.
10 mins of nerves , 80 mins of quailty. Early goals seem to settle our nerves and they, with all thier experiance thought the game was over and believed they could control the game. We had other ideas and showed great character. You always need a little luck but need to earn it.

Its so good being a Tottenham supporter, I am STOKED.
Stuck it right a Gooner, Bin-Dipper and Chav supporters today at work and I loved it!

Back
Top Bottom