January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've won 5 of our last 6 conceding 3 goals and scoring 18.
What's wrong with those players? Having faith in them is arrogance?
Do you support Spurs or do you support massive transfers like John?
John loves Spurs AND Massive transfers.
Spursdem loves the ENIC business model and our perennial underdog tag.
Each to their own philosophy. And respect to everyones opinions is what I say

Exactly. We could beat Citeh, Manure, Chavs, dippers & the scum home and away & be relegated on 30 points. It’s a 38 game season. This fucking “top 6 minileague” is a load of bollocks. I’m surprised we fall for it to be honest.
It's amazing how none of these people said all this before Sky started using it as a narrative. Sheep that are slaves to Neville, Carragher and Redknapp.

Hey TheJockmur TheJockmur which bit of this do ya disagree with then. Or do you just kiss my arse after every post to satisfy some kind of infatuation

I disagree that Wembley feels like home just because we have 95% of the fans in the ground. It's clear for everyone to see that we struggled at Wembley at the beginning of the season, as proven by the likes of Eriksen, Kane and Dele among others really struggling for form there to begin with.

Instead you will use it as your excuse to scream "SEE I TOLD YOU ALL THAT LEVY THE BALD HEADED CUNT THAT HE IS WOULD COST US THE TITLE WITH OUR LACK OF SIGNINGS"

All this despite the fact that we strengthened the areas that the manager felt we needed to strengthen at the time.

We signed a replacement right back, a fucking good one at that.

We signed two centre backs, one who came right in for big money and one who is clearly for the future.

We signed a back up striker and loaned out the other back up striker who wasn't up to much.

Yet still every fucking day we have to listen to you batter on and on and on and fucking on about how Joe Lewis doesn't invest his hard earned money into the club like he's some sort of Saudi fucking Prince.

We're building a new stadium and we're playing the best football we've played since I was fucking born John. And yet I still need to listen to moaning cunts like you and Notabadsquad on a daily fucking basis batter on about how Wembley is just an excuse and how we need to compete in the transfer market.

For once I would just love to see so called fans enjoy what has been a very successful period in our clubs history. But instead I get stuck reading the same shit from you year after fucking year.

As for your thinking I just follow you around giving you petty disagrees John Thomas John Thomas you can kindly fuck off and step on some lego. You know fine fucking well that I will only ever hit disagree on one of your posts if I disagree with what you say. Much like I will agree with it if I agree with it, like it if I fucking like it and hit funny if it made me laugh. Much like I did only yesterday.

I don't believe we're underdogs. I believe we're one of the best teams in Europe.

You do not. Hence your constant scrambling for the next big player. Nothing is ever good enough.

This is what ENIC's business model has produced FYI...

Groups UEFA Champions League - ESPN FC

Premier League (Sky Sports)

Tottenham_Hotspur_Training_01.jpg

october-26-aerial-10.jpg

kane2.jpg

1252.jpg

giphy.gif

I disagree that Wembley feels like home just because we have 95% of the fans in the ground. It's clear for everyone to see that we struggled at Wembley at the beginning of the season, as proven by the likes of Eriksen, Kane and Dele among others really struggling for form there to begin with.

Instead you will use it as your excuse to scream "SEE I TOLD YOU ALL THAT LEVY THE BALD HEADED CUNT THAT HE IS WOULD COST US THE TITLE WITH OUR LACK OF SIGNINGS"

All this despite the fact that we strengthened the areas that the manager felt we needed to strengthen at the time.

We signed two centre backs, one who came right in for big money and one who is clearly for the future.

We signed a back up striker and loaned out the other back up striker who wasn't up to much.

Yet still every fucking day we have to listen to you batter on and on and on and fucking on about how Joe Lewis doesn't invest his hard earned money into the club like he's some sort of Saudi fucking Prince.

We're building a new stadium and we're playing the best football we've played since I was fucking born John. And yet I still need to listen to moaning cunts like you and Notabadsquad on a daily fucking basis batter on about how Wembley is just an excuse and how we need to compete in the transfer market.

For once I would just love to see so called fans enjoy what has been a very successful period in our clubs history. But instead I get stuck reading the same shit from you year after fucking year.
Well, um..actually Poch was hugely frustrated with our lack of activity and said so on numerous occassions. He was forced to publicly plead for some backing from the chairman and has reinforced that frustration with his comments again last month.
You can brush these statements under the carpet and pretend all is well if you like, thats up to you. But please respect the fact that many, many Spurs fans share his concerns and worry about a possible future without him working his miracles

Owned.

giphy.gif

Well, um..actually Poch was hugely frustrated with our lack of activity and said so on numerous occassions. He was forced to publicly plead for some backing from the chairman and has reinforced that frustration with his comments again last month.
You can brush these statements under the carpet and pretend all is well if you like, thats up to you. But please respect the fact that many, many Spurs fans share his concerns and worry about a possible future without him working his miracles

I'm sure if Poch had an issue he'd quit and go work somewhere else mate. But convince yourself all you want that Levy and ENIC are failures, despite the fact that they've moved us on from being a pretty shit club in the last 20 years.

Nailed it. Some people don't seem to grasp there are 14 other teams in this League.

We had an average record against the top 6 last year also. And we came 2nd.

Facts aren't part of these people's thinking. They just have to push negativity at all times. We'd win the F.A. Cup and they'd moan it wasn't the League. We finished the highest we ever have last season and one of them pissed on the players because it wasn't first. This is the level of ''supporter'' we're dealing with.

Say we should win everything and moans if we don't, then claim they are the ones talking realism. Just hilarious.
You’ve used our record in the last six matches to demonstrate there’s nothing wrong with our squad.

Now you are reminding us that there are lots of teams in the league, so therefore lots of matches.

Doesn’t that then mean that our form in the last six matches is pretty meaningless when it comes to assessing the squad?

Ok. Hands up. I apologise. Moment of online anger on my part.
In hindsight I know you're a geniune poster. I'll go back and delete it.
:pochbye:

You don't have to delete it. Just accept that if I disagree with you, I likely have disagreed with what you said and don't wish to spend days arguing about it. For example I disagree with banning people from using any insults ArcspacE ArcspacE has used in the past. Insults belong to nobody and should be used freely and often!

You’ve used our record in the last six matches to demonstrate there’s nothing wrong with our squad.
Now you are reminding us that there are lots of teams in the league, so therefore lots of matches.
Doesn’t that then mean that our form in the last six matches is pretty meaningless when it comes to assessing the squad?
Barack-Obama-Clapping-in-Front-of-American-Flags.gif

Its funny that you think the likes of Christian Eriksen, Luka Modric, Kyle Walker etc etc etc are or were more Spurs than Daniel Levy.

No player or manager in the last two decades has done more for this club than the chairman.
Might want to consider that when determining what is Spurs.

Im sure that will cause all kinds of hysterics, but name one player since Levy came, that has done more for the club than he has. You laud and mourn players that left us.

They were not hand picked to sell to make ENIC money. We tried to keep them, and we couldnt. Its the players stabbing us in the back not the chairman. Berbatov and Keane shat on us, Modric called out for Chelsea in the papers, Bale refused to train and tour and people lick their balls while slating the man that actually managed to get enough money for these players who didnt give a toss about us, to actually reinvest into the team you see today.

Do you think fucking Santa Claus gave us Dembele and Lloris? Dele, Dier, Eriksen, Sanchez, Toby, Jan, Aurier?
Look at our academy....who built that? Who built the foundations that gave us Kane and Winks?
Was it Gareth fucking Bale, or Kyle Walker?

No, well stop getting all riled up about players who want out. Its their choice, just like Barca lost Neymar, and Liverpool lost Coutinho, and Dortmund lost just about everyone at the peak of their hipster era.

It happens, but your priorities are all twisted. Support the man that is taking us forward a bit before you end up looking like someone who is buying a season ticket in a massive supermarket......

Last edited:

Our form in the last 6 matches is not meaningless because it is our form, it is 6 games in a row, not some randomly picked 6 games to showcase the worst possible outcome. To pick out arbitrary games is meaningless.

Otherwise why not say this...our form against Leicester, West Ham, Watford and West Brom indicates we need investment because we've dropped points against them also. Anyone can pick a random number of games as to why we didn't do particular things.

Sides drop points against all sorts of sides. It's football. Having a average record against the best sides in the League isn't something to panic about. They are the best sides in the League after all.

We came 2nd last year. That overrides any bullshit about top 6 that's been brainwashed into people's head by Sky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom