Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He may not be perfect, but he is perfect for us. He's added some consistency to his game and he runs his heart out for us. I did think that he would be a good impact sub at the beginning of the season, but he is so much more now, and has earned his place as much as anyone. On top of that, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy who is a popular member of the squad.

He’s been fantastic for us. 2nd best finisher at the club and as you say, seems like a nice player to have in the team.

He may not be perfect, but he is perfect for us. He's added some consistency to his game and he runs his heart out for us. I did think that he would be a good impact sub at the beginning of the season, but he is so much more now, and has earned his place as much as anyone. On top of that, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy who is a popular member of the squad.
100% agree

Son can rival Beckham's superstar status – Pochettino
image: https://images.cdn.fourfourtwo.com/...k=PPt4Ge-p&c=87b6d99828d88c1b8ffe17a08d24fc7d

son-cropped_c7hpgpw98fkj1amelx0go1t1c.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino heaped praise on Son Heung-min as he talked up the 25-year-old's potential to be a hero in his homeland.

Published
48 min ago

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino believes Son Heung-min can match David Beckham's superstar status in east Asia as the South Korea international was lauded by his boss.

While Harry Kane has dominated headlines with his record-breaking efforts in the Premier League, having scored 39 in 2017 and 56 in total for the year, Son has impressed for Spurs.

Korean forward Son has scored nine goals in all competitions this season, and five in his past seven appearances.

And Pochettino heaped praise on Son as he talked up the 25-year-old's potential to be a hero in his homeland, even surpassing former Manchester United and Real Madrid winger Beckham – who is a worldwide phenomenon – especially in Asia.

"Yes, that is what we think. But we cannot prove this," Pochettino said when asked if Son could rival Beckham.

"When you talk about Beckham, he's a massive world icon. Maybe it's like this with Sonny. But here he's so humble, and he's such a normal guy. That makes him so important to us.

"I think he's such an important player for us, scoring a lot of goals and he's very consistent, in training, his performance. He's an important and very good player for us.

"It's true that the headlines are always for Harry or others, but it's important to recognise him, because he's a very great guy, a very good professional and he's always there, scoring and playing well."

Pochettino added: "Personally, us the coaching staff, we've given him the credit he deserves.

"When you are next to Harry Kane, achieving all he is and scoring so many goals, it's normal that the focus is on Harry Kane.

"But for us it's very important to show Sonny how much he's appreciated.

"And all the players, all the team, they all love him. It's not only because of his performances, but because of how he is as a man."

Read more at Son can rival Beckham's superstar status – Pochettino

Buddism is huge in Korea. I have no idea what you're talking about.

There's almost twice as many Christians as Buddhists in South Korea though (more than 25% of the population compared to about 15%) ... Korea has a broad mix of religions, with Sindo / Korean Confucism / Christianity / Buddhism all having relatively large representations.

Pretty sure it's been reported somewhere that Son is actually Buddhist though, or at least is more affiliated with that religion than any other.

Like it, but needs a bit more to it... Could go along the lines of:

Rhythm is a dancer, Heung Min Son's the answer, he can score from anywhere
He's our number 7, takes the yids to heaven, and he's got such lovely haiiiiiiiir!
Whoa-ohhhh, (something something)
Whoa-ohhhh, (something something something yeah)
Whoa-ohhhh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh
(Repeat)

How about (to the tune of Here comes the sun)

He's Heung Min Son...
He Scores For Fun
He's Lillywhite

There's almost twice as many Christians as Buddhists in South Korea though (more than 25% of the population compared to about 15%) ... Korea has a broad mix of religions, with Sindo / Korean Confucism / Christianity / Buddhism all having relatively large representations.

Pretty sure it's been reported somewhere that Son is actually Buddhist though, or at least is more affiliated with that religion than any other.

Nice info from Wikipedia. Here are the real stats.

Slightly more than 50 percent of South Korean's 49 million citizens profess some religious affiliation. That affiliation is spread among a great variety of traditions, including Buddhism (30 percent), Christianity (25 percent), Confucianism (0.2 percent), and shamanism. Islam was introduced to Korea by an Imam who accompanied military troops from Turkey during the Korean War. There are now eight Muslim temples and about 20,000 Muslims in Korea (0.04 percent of the population).

He's our number 7, takes the yids to heaven, and he's got such lovely haiiiiiiiir!
(Repeat)

This was going quite well for me today but when I started randomly shouting “Whoa-ohhh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh something something” I lost most people.

Shame as the first bit is great.

Work on your lyrics a bit more next time please.

He is so down to earth and genuine and such an important part of the team. At the beginning of the season, I thought he was a good impact sub but didn't have the energy to perform for 90 minutes......shows what I know. He has more than lived up to expectations and more power to his elbow (or preferably to his feet!) for the rest of the season.

(Repeat)
Rhythm is a dancer, Heung Min Son's the answer and you think his dier.
He's our number 7, takes the yids to heaven, and looks like Michael McIntyre.

?

Back
Top Bottom