Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

btw I'm so happy that Lamela is back. You can see in his touch that he'll help us a lot in future. For me, he was always better player than Son, just the horrible injury.. Hope he can get where he was year ago. Sissoko out, fuck me, that man and touch is like a 5 year old when he leads the ball.. Awful to watch.

Glad Lamela's back but Son scored 21 goals last season.... Don't be a dickhead

Hopefully we can go on a run like we did in the second half of last season.
Every season, teams go through hot and cold streaks. We knew this was going to be a challenging year and we're going through a bad patch.

We'll get through it and hit our form again. Also, let's not forget that those we are chasing have just as much of a history of hitting rough patches as us.

Woolwich got a last minute penalty DIVE to get 3 points (after loads of other decisions all night from ref), Spurs refused penalty last minute (after majority of decisions hostile to SPurs all evening) to deny a draw.

Woolwich have gained 3 points on the back of referees, regardless of off-form actions from the players. Fact!
Oh do shut up, also remember the bloke that scored it was pushing for a move in August.... Look how wenger managed him.... Brave new world my arse.

We are on second level rut now. Where we had a series of winless game. But the materials is still good. If this continue, confidence will be rotten, enter the third level rut and it is very very tricky and hard to got out of it.
Now it all about Poch, he needs to find the balance and rally yhe players again. Forget about the table and play good football for a change.
First step, we need to stop conceding, especially early in the game.
Also dont put your money on Lamela starting the next game. We havent see whether his physique is good enough to challenge from the start. Bring him in slowly.

Oh do shut up, also remember the bloke that scored it was pushing for a move in August.... Look how wenger managed him.... Brave new world my arse.

People like this are jokes. We have become the entitled brat fans we accuse other fans just because we are going through a rough patch. People like this are calling for Poch gone or every single player gone and we make fun of Woolwich fans when they lose and call for Wenger gone and their players fucked off. We just have to take every match has it comes and assess at the end of the season. This rough patch isn’t going to last.

Would rather bring janssen back tbh. He's young, plays his heart out and links up very well. Even if he isn't scoring he benefits the team.

Llorente general play is fine. Does his job. Just cant score and never looks likely. He missed the easiest of chances. The Dortmund one was harder to score but he should score but the one today just looks harder to miss. Eriksen chance too.

No, he sucked today as well as the last couple of games (after putting Denmark through to the WC).
Where do you see anyone disputing that?

You're a fucking idiot for saying that a loyal and great Spurs player "has no drive or heart" and that he should "enjoy his seat" etc.

Fuck you, as Smogz Smogz beautifully put it.
Oh get a grip and try and discuss ur opinion without so calling me an idiot in every reply. A bit playground don’t you think.

Eriksen is a fantastic, brilliant, classy player. BUT I feel (and this is just my opinion so try not to be offended by it) he does lack that bit of grit, heart, drive or whatever you want to call it that is holding him back from being a real world class elite player. He’s too laid back and when it’s comes off it looks class when it doesn’t it looks half assed.

If you don’t agree then fine. I won’t call you names and throw a wobbly over it.

We are punching above our weight,no home games as such,half the budget other teams have city,United,goons,chavs! Last 16 of the CL and we are playing shit....don't think we've to much to moan about.....
Fuck that.

We're playing like shit with zero heart, and I'm fucking angry. Budget has absolutely fucking nothing to do with what happened today.

Although we had a really bloody poor game. I would have to say that i saw the fight there. It just didnt fall right for us today. The results last couple games have been annoying but i dont think we should worry. Still over half of the season to go yet. Lamela gave us a good spark when he came on. Good to have him back. Lets get him back to full fitness and he will be like a new signing.

Games coming thick and fast.

COYS!

Time for Poch to turn to the academy again. Edwards should be involved and at this moment I'd rather see Sterling than Llorente. And I've never particularly rated Sterling at youth level which says a lot about Llorente.

And to think so many said we didnt need to strengthen our squad while all our rivals were bringing in additions. We cant improve what we already have, they said. New additions will upset our stars, they said. Selling Walker to Man City was the start of the rot. A shocking, pathetic, transfer that was an embarresment to our club
Its like the club threw in the towell and accepted we had reached our peak. To Dare Is To Do?

Tomorrow we could end up being in 7th place , if the season ended and we finished 7th would you not be moaning because we are "punching above our weight " ? ,
If any other team finished 2nd in the league last season they would be trying to kick on to win the league , I can't see how our fans are happy just because our budget looks good , we're never going to win the league for a long time if we carry on with the attitude , " we're over achieving because we pay less wages than everyone else " and being happy with it

...Confused much?

We don't get to compete with that lot financially, because by comparison our budget looks BAD.

:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom