Are we too soft?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at the defending for both goals.....our players were turning their backs in challenges throughout the game

Poor, crap, soft....who cares what its called. People taking offense to the word soft...

Is it more positive to say we were shit?

Maybe choose a fitting description to begin with then... Less disagreement would be the logical outcome... Haven't seen a single person suggest they were pleased with the performance.

To ignore the mitigating circumstances of any situation isnt likely to lead one to the correct conclusion.

Look at the defending for both goals.....our players were turning their backs in challenges throughout the game

Poor, crap, soft....who cares what its called. People taking offense to the word soft...

We weren’t good but I was just saying that there were valid excuses for our performance

We didn’t turn our backs on challenges “throughout the game”!!!

I can remember just the one by Son which wasn’t good admittedly

Eriksen looked fatigued and that was a large factor on its own

Harry and Dele looked completely out of it but that doesn’t mean we’ve suddenly become ‘soft’ under Poch

Unlike you to be so critical mate.

I just think this seasom is huge and that this will test how good Pochettino is.

I was thinking and many will undoubtedly disagree but Wanyama is our biggest loss this season and maybe the captain we shiould have.

We have progressed in some respects and yet gone backwards which is paradoxical but true in my opinion.

And we place too much emphasis on Kane.

Im happy to give credit where its due, and theyve deserved credit for 95% of the last two and a half seasons.
But Im not the one to pretend it doenst matter because we beat Madrid, or a capable of wining the next 8 PLs in a row.

A bad game is a bad game, and people seem to think accepting that, and moaning about means you think we are mid table. We play tomorrow and hopefully we are able to move on.

Maybe choose a fitting description tp begin with then... Less disagreement would be the logical outcome... Haven't seen a single person suggest they were pleased with the performance.

To ignore the mitigating circumstances of any situation isnt likely to lead one to the correct conclusion.

But who cares?
More people are annoyed by the term soft than they are about the performance

But who cares?
More people are annoyed by the term soft than they are about the performance

Some maybe.... (I'd say it's only natural for peeps to object to a negative assertion about thier club if they dissagree with it.)

Then again, some would say youre fixated with a term you yourself have already admitted is misplaced.

Regardless, I still put it to you that you (amongst others) are ignoring contributory factors to Sat's performance/defeat.

Some maybe....

Then again, some would say youre fixated with a term you yourself have admitted is misplaced.

Fixated, no, but Im simply able to call a crap performance a crap performance without it having some ridiculous connotation that I think the season is a write off, and Im negative and everythings shit, which is what started this off.

Fixated, no, but Im simply able to call a crap performance a crap performance without it having some ridiculous connotation that I think the season is a write off, and Im negative and everythings shit, which is what started this off.

"This" didn't start as you claim... Its all a byproduct of the OP and the choice of the word "soft".

I say "Fixated" cos as usual you are in every thread beating the same drum.... (At least, it feels like it.)

Again, i put it to you that if you and others weren't ignoring the mitigating circumstances of the performance then maybe it would be seen as constructive criticism; rather than pointlessly negative.... Subject to choosing a more appropriate description than "soft obv.

I havent said we are poor overall, Ive said we were soft against Woolwich, Utd and West Ham

Ive said we are capable of winning the CL. Maybe thats negative to you

And you were over the moon about going out of a crap group I suppose? Of course I was negative about our CL campaign last year? What did you do? Celebrate it?

I couldnt give a fuck if saying we are crap when we are crap brings down the happy clappers. Fucking man up.....you are talking to me like Im a player. Whats mistakes should I learn from?
Im fully aware of how good we are in the bigger picture.....Im not the one spanking one off in the transfer threads. Im one of the few happy with the squad, happy with the academy you fraud.

Oh, how big of you, now you can say it, but when someone else does they are dragging you down

First I want to say, I'm getting to understand where you are coming form.....
Ive learned that often the most intolerant and narrow-minded people are the ones who congratulate themselves on their tolerance and open-mindedness. You believe its a strong trait to criticise , your wrong. Its a weakness, anyone can do it. Woolwich Fan/video shite, shows this every week when they lose.

You still look for the argument, the negative outcome-please see the bigger picture. Football is not black and white. There are so many factors that happen that determines a result. Against WHU you are wrong. Against Utd you are wrong and again against Woolwich you are wrong. WRONG!

We are not soft.

just because we lose a game it not all doom and gloom. Yes we are all miserable having lost against Woolwich or any game in fact. To be negative about the players attitude and how we underperform is totally bollocks. We all saw what happened on Saturday, we don't need to have it shoved down our throats. another day, a different result.

I say "Fixated" cos as usual you are in every thread beating the same drum.... (At least, it feels like it.)
200.gif

No we were poor and like I said other factors such as injuries fatigue and that incompetent little cunt Dean came into it

Doesn’t mean we’re soft or crap

Both Sissoko and Sanchez had good games for example

No we were poor and like I said other factors such as injuries fatigue and that incompetent little cunt Dean came into it

Doesn’t mean we’re soft or crap

Both Sissoko and Sanchez had good games for example

Can I ask whats the difference between poor and crap then? We let in two soft goals but we werent soft, and we werent crap we were just poor....

This hair splitting is what I dont get. Like I said, the reaction to the word soft is bigger than it is to the performance.

How about this, so everyone is clear. We have been brilliant for the most part of the last 2.5 seasons.

Against Swansea we were crap. Against Burnley we were crap. Against Palace we were crap. Still 5 points though. Still crap. Still doesnt mean we havent been briliant for the vast majority of 2.5 seasons.

See how it works?

Agaisnt The Scum, we were poor (if thats the only word we are allowed to use)
Against Real we were the best team in the world.

Is that ok with everyone?

Can I ask whats the difference between poor and crap then? We let in two soft goals but we werent soft, and we werent crap we were just poor....

This hair splitting is what I dont get. Like I said, the reaction to the word soft is bigger than it is to the performance.

How about this, so everyone is clear. We have been brilliant for the most part of the last 2.5 seasons.

Against Swansea we were crap. Against Burnley we were crap. Against Palace we were crap. Still 5 points though. Still crap. Still doesnt mean we havent been briliant for the vast majority of 2.5 seasons.

See how it works?

200.gif

Its irony Jim but not as we know it?

Honestly our team is the opposite of 'soft'. We have the most physically commanding players and leader types on the pitch that we have had in years and years. We can overpower most teams physically, and we often do.

The performance against the scum was under-par and unacceptable. Doesn't mean our whole team is now something they are not.

Honestly our team is the opposite of 'soft'. We have the most physically commanding players and leader types on the pitch that we have had in years and years. We can overpower most teams physically, and we often do.

The performance against the scum was under-par and unacceptable. Doesn't mean our whole team is now something they are not.
If you read other forums they say this about us - all 6ft+ players and giving tactical fouls whenever there is a breakaway, not sure I agree with it but it is how we are perceived.

See how it works?

I’m not splitting hairs

You are and surprised at you

‘Poor’ is performances by us against the Scum, Swansea and Burnley
We don’t do ‘crap’ anymore

‘Crap’ is the sort of performance by Spam against Watford and the Scum against anyone else other than us

Big difference

I’m not splitting hairs

You are and surprised at you

‘Poor’ is performances by us against the Scum, Swansea and Burnley
We don’t do ‘crap’ anymore

‘Crap’ is the sort of performance by Spam against Watford and the Scum against anyone else other than us

Big difference

Our defending for the goal that cost us at Old Trafford was beyond crap, as was the second at the Emirates.
We dont do crap anymore? How so?

Maybe you missed the Chelsea winner at Wembley this season, or the Burnley eqauliser

Back
Top Bottom