Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Magnificent tonight. So mature and confident, and absolutely nothing silly from him. Exactly the kind of game he needed to get back on track for the season. Hopefully we are going to see the best of him from here on out.

He worked his socks off tonight when he did not have the ball. His performance level has been below par at times this season but tonight he had the hunger to show everyone that he had to sit out our first games!! More please!!

He showed real maturity even towards the end of the game. Looked like the most experienced player on the pitch with his decision making and smart play to settle the nerves when we were on the ropes after they got one back.

I also like how he learnt from his mistakes very quickly. Early on Trippier fizzed a first time cross in and he didn't gamble on it, expecting Kieran to take it down. A couple of minutes later from an identical situation. he anticipated the first time cross and scored the goal that sent us on our way.

Can't believe the kid is just 21.

Me and my mate were texting each other saying he was poor in the first 30 minutes or so, then he fucking turned it on. Two goals against Real fucking Madrid, could have had a hat trick. I eat my words and they taste delicious!

Back
Top Bottom