Galacticos v the mighty Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What were people's feelings about the penalty shout for the "hook" on Llorente? Didn't see it at the time, looking at it now I'm in two minds. Comes down to whether you see the hook as a continuation of the (fair) tackle, as MacMannaman did, it which case no pen, or as two separate actions, with the hook a completely separate action, in which case it was a pen.
Yes for me.

I sort of predicted 2:1 Spurs win before the game but it ended up 1:1
Draw at RM is a great result but I thought Son could have made the difference if was put in w more time towards the end.

I don't get what Conte's issue is, he still had Willian, Pedro, Rudiger, Batshuayi on the bench today.

He must be really unhappy, or shitting bricks if he's worried about depth when Willian is on the bench. I don't know why the media don't make a bigger point of this in relation to what Poch is doing.

I don't get what Conte's issue is, he still had Willian, Pedro, Rudiger, Batshuayi on the bench today.

The problem is, as I've been saying for a year, their bench is bang average and in a lot of cases downright crap.
People have decided that Willian is world class for some bizarre reason. Batshuyai is no better than Janssen but people rate him. Why? Because they had no injuries or Europe last season, so people just confused that with having some immense squad.

Pedro? No better than Chicarito. Who is Kantes replacement? Where as we have a central midfield that consists of Dier, Vic, Dembele, Winks and Sissoko.

The real issue for me is why are people still saying Spurs have no depth, but no one is looking at the shit on Chelsea, Utds, Liverpools and arsenals benches?

The problem is, as I've been saying for a year, their bench is bang average and in a lot of cases downright crap.
People have decided that Willian is world class for some bizarre reason. Batshuyai is no better than Janssen but people rate him. Why? Because they had no injuries or Europe last season, so people just confused that with having some immense squad.

Pedro? No better than Chicarito. Who is Kantes replacement? Where as we have a central midfield that consists of Dier, Vic, Dembele, Winks and Sissoko.

The real issue for me is why are people still saying Spurs have no depth, but no one is looking at the shit on Chelsea, Utds, Liverpools and arsenals benches?

Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi and Rudiger would have all made our bench on Tuesday.

Chelsea are the kid at school whose parents bought him the brand new Nike Mercurials but when he was still shit at football it was his parents fault for getting the wrong boots.

Well Conte was complaining about his lack of depth yesterday....theirs was stronger than ours for the last match

He has no reason to complain
He certainly has no reason to complain as he is the one who picks his players. He should have strengthened to cope with the CL. He should have kept Costa and not gambled on Llorente.

I don't think they can celebrate having a stronger bench when our squad is decimated and most of our back up is actually being used.

Conte needs to learn how to adapt. He is another one trick pony

Back
Top Bottom