January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can see it myself. Don't know who he is a step up on. The right price for Everton is silly money.....they just spent 150M on crap so cant see them letting him go for cheap. By Christmas I think Winks will have made everyone forget Barkley to be honest
Winks and Barkley don't play in the same position

Winks and Barkley don't play in the same position

Fair enough, But Dele isnt allowed to be dropped and I dont see him as a step up from Eriksen.....for squad cover fine, but then Im talking 15M. If we sign him, I´ll get behind him and judge him as a Spurs player, but until then he´s just a very average, injured Everton player who I dont rate at 50M

Fair enough, But Dele isnt allowed to be dropped and I dont see him as a step up from Eriksen.....for squad cover fine, but then Im talking 15M. If we sign him, I´ll get behind him and judge him as a Spurs player, but until then he´s just a very average, injured Everton player who I dont rate at 50M
We'll never pay 50m for him

he is on a free in the summer - I expect us to wait until then if it is any more than £10M and / or he will go to Chelsea instead.
We can negotiate a pre-deal or whatever it is called with him in january and he can join us in the summer.

I've not seen anything on this particular rumor (granted it's a few months away from the window so it might just not have picked up speed). Is he any good?
He is pretty talented, but I don't think he is anywhere close to the Premier League level. Memphis Depay was for example much better when he left PSV for Man United. Scored 4 goals in the Dutch league so far, Janssen scored 27 when you bought him. Might be a player to follow for the future but not at the moment. That's why these rumours surprised me a lot.

He is pretty talented, but I don't think he is anywhere close to the Premier League level. Memphis Depay was for example much better when he left PSV for Man United. Scored 4 goals in the Dutch league so far, Janssen scored 27 when you bought him. Might be a player to follow for the future but not at the moment. That's why these rumours surprised me a lot.
Ah well then. Maybe someone to keep an eye on then. Or to purchase and loan out to get some experience at most.

Thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom