January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs ready to step up Barkley interest as midfielders' injuries drag on

This just doesn't even make sense. We have problems now with Wanyama and Dembele injuries in M/F, so to solve the problem we're going to buy Barkley in January. Barkley who has been injured all season.

Sometimes I wonder about the intelligence in some press quarters, I really do.

If I played for Everton & how they are at the moment , I’d definitely feign injury until the window opens

Spurs ready to step up Barkley interest as midfielders' injuries drag on

This just doesn't even make sense. We have problems now with Wanyama and Dembele injuries in M/F, so to solve the problem we're going to buy Barkley in January. Barkley who has been injured all season.

Sometimes I wonder about the intelligence in some press quarters, I really do.
So he will be fresh, he had an op and if he is progressing as expected will be fit for month before the window opens

Posted in the wrong thread sorry...

The chances of this Bale story being true are slim but if it's possible then why not seriously consider it?

As been mentioned, he is now a proven winner at the highest level.

With the wages, anyone in football knows that if it between us and Manure then you'll get more money at Manure. If he chooses us then he'll know he'll need to take a cut. I'd also argue that if he chooses us over others then that'll help most forget how he left.

As for his ego, there are more stars in this Spurs squad than there are in the Welsh squad and, by all accounts, he effortlessly fits in there as one of the lads. During their Euro 2016 run, and still now, the squad talks about the great spirit and togetherness that he buys into. Their motto is 'Together Stronger' which is something that could have come straight from Pochettino himself.

So really the only issues are the injuries and the hair...

I expect it's true in as much as why would you want to go play for Utd nowadays? And his links to Spurs and the great players and manager we now have, the new stadium, make us an attractive, and obvious choice. But the big issue is money. Injuries make it a possibility but even then...
The club is coming of age again and we are on the cusp of doing great things, why wouldn't former players want to come back and play for the shirt and the glory, money is not everything!

If Poch can improve Sissoko, he can improve Barkley.

His work with Rose and Walker suggests it’s not beyond him to make Barkley world class.

Bale would be a dream addition but not sure how viable it is financially ...he’s probably going to evolve into a #9 as age and injuries catch up with him.

Kane has to stay - give him £200k and the captaincy, he’s young enough to spend at least another two years in England before going to one of the foreign super clubs. If Levy wants to recycle some money, Dele Alli is the one who’s reluctantly dispensable IMO.

One player id like to see signed in January would be Jamie Vardy - his pace and tenacity up front would add another dimension that’s currently lacking. Pocchettino’s new-found pragmatism in Europe would benefit hugely from such an outlet.

His work with Rose and Walker suggests it’s not beyond him to make Barkley world class.

Bale would be a dream addition but not sure how viable it is financially ...he’s probably going to evolve into a #9 as age and injuries catch up with him.

Kane has to stay - give him £200k and the captaincy, he’s young enough to spend at least another two years in England before going to one of the foreign super clubs. If Levy wants to recycle some money, Dele Alli is the one who’s reluctantly dispensable IMO.

One player id like to see signed in January would be Jamie Vardy - his pace and tenacity up front would add another dimension that’s currently lacking. Pocchettino’s new-found pragmatism in Europe would benefit hugely from such an outlet.

So you want rid of dele, and you want fucking Vardy?
Can I have some of what your smoking please?
4698371_l1.jpg

Still not convinced by Barkley. Unless we can rob him then I'm not really interested unless we're still suffering injuries in midfield come January.

I'm very happy with our squad. Unlike prior windows I don't think we have any serious weak areas in our squad, so I'm happy to just continue signing promising youngsters and handing opportunities to our academy players.

He's maybe not a guy we'd land in a January window. But I personally would like us to keep an eye on Draxler. Real good footballer who apparently is shown that he is not a priority at PSG and that he can leave. Would be a good replacement if Dele or Eriksen ever leave.

Buy no one. Check on Onomah and Carter-Vickers to see if they need to move to other clubs or are fine where they are.

Start looking for CMs to sign in June if Dembele is broken enough he should retire.

Under no circumstances listen to any idiot suggesting signing Bale or Vardy. Bale is 29, and has consistent injury problems. Vardy is 29 and essentially a one-season wonder.

Back
Top Bottom