Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strikes me that these supposedly shocking scandals are almost exclusively the work of the TV and press in Britain, outraging the public who are on a permanent hair trigger awaiting to be outraged to the core by the latest flimflam that the press deem to be appalling.

See also the "We apologise if any viewer was offended by the language they might have heard" hand-wringing after the TV microphone has picked up someone saying "fuck".

See also the deluge of manufactured outrage at Ben Stokes for slapping some ned who comes at him with a bottle after a night out.

Don't know about elsewhere around the world but these things are laughed at in Spain and forgotten by the day after next. Because basically they don't matter a fucking jot.

Perhaps the media and the Great British public (not to mention FIFA) might like to get a bit shocked, stunned, offended and outraged at the slave labour used to build stadiums in Qatar. Something that has, you know, actually killed people.

It's driven by good old fashioned British snobbery, with a huge dose of hypocrisy.

It's driven by good old fashioned British snobbery, with a huge dose of hypocrisy.
Yeah, as well as the longstanding desire of the Fourth Estate to build 'em up and knock 'em down, something else that doesn't exist to anything like the same extent in the media here, even in the more sensational sports press

Wow... "Dele Alli... is a wanker" now according to the Huddersfield fans!

Cue tomorrow morning's "National Shame" headlines from the ever supportive British Media!

May as well sell him now... the cheating, middle-finger waving wrong'un!

I do think someone (Poch, a senior player, family member, guidance Councillor or whatever) needs to sit down and have a long talk with Dele and clear the air. Doesn't seem like his dip in form is purely physical. Something is going on in his personal life (switch of agents probably a factor, England ban another) and until he gets to talk things through properly I think he will only go longer until he finds his way back onto his full level.

For those that are saying that something is going on with Dele that we're not seeing. I think it's a combination of being distracted by this whole thing with a new agent and probably being bummed out that he's banned from the first three Champion's League matches. I think that after his ban we'll see his form pick up.

For those that are saying that something is going on with Dele that we're not seeing. I think it's a combination of being distracted by this whole thing with a new agent and probably being bummed out that he's banned from the first three Champion's League matches. I think that after his ban we'll see his form pick up.

It could also be that he's getting no protection from the referees, leading to frustration on the pitch. He had a decent game today I thought. The dive was embarrassing but it was a typical Alli performance today. Some real lovely touches, only thing missing was an assist or goal to his name. Check his movement on Kane's second goal, just classic Dele to create space for Kane.

He started pretty slow last season too.

It could also be that he's getting no protection from the referees, leading to frustration on the pitch. He had a decent game today I thought. The dive was embarrassing but it was a typical Alli performance today. Some real lovely touches, only thing missing was an assist or goal to his name. Check his movement on Kane's second goal, just classic Dele to create space for Kane.

I don't think he had a bad game today. Though let's be honest, that dive was pathetic.

He needs to stop diving because he's really bad at it. He would have had a chance to do something if he stayed up and focused on scoring.

I'm not sure about that. I think he went down cause he took a bad touch and realized he wasn't gonna recover and thought his best option was to throw his foot into their keeper.

True, before that there were a few clear fouls against him that weren't called, but that's a shit reason.

He was okay today.

This is the same dele we've been seeing for the last 2 years, only difference is he isn't a rich vein of goalscoring form.

Everyone needs to calm down, he's never been a player who consistently plays amazing. He's an effective player who has great movement and attacks space brilliantly.

The other aspects of his game will improve with age and experience, he's only 21!!

On his attitude, again it's the same it's always been. It's just being highlighted more because he isn't firing.

I'm not sure about that. I think he went down cause he took a bad touch and realized he wasn't gonna recover and thought his best option was to throw his foot into their keeper.

Bang on Benjamin. His poor control that led to the dive happens regularly throughout the matches he plays in. Very very average player in possession and constantly turns the ball over. His first touch today epitomised his sloppiness and led to the first Hudd'd attack.

I think Dele's just frustrated because he has very high standards in terms of goalscoring for himself. Last season showed how deadly he can be, but this season he's not able to get that final magic.

I am a huge fan of Dele, so pay extra attention to what he does on the pitch without having possession as well. And it is shocking how many times he makes good runs and is completely ignored by other players when a ball to him would result in a goal. It happened thrice in today's game where he was in front of an open goal and more composure from Harry Kane would have seen him make a simple pass to Dele for a goal. But you can't blame Harry as well, given the form that he is in.

But I think the team is not quite in the same wavelength as he is when he makes those forward runs and that can be frustrating. Add to the fact that he's getting chopped down nonstop by rival defenders and not having the same impact as he had last season, it is understandable. But once he picks up form, he will go on a goalscoring run and everything will return to normal.

I think we somehow need to incorporate Sonny, Dele, Harry and Eriksen together in attack. Sonny's directness and runs also make more space for Dele which helps him out and while Eriksen is top notch in passing, it is reducing the effectiveness of Dele without having another direct runner like him on the other side.

I think Dele's just frustrated because he has very high standards in terms of goalscoring for himself. Last season showed how deadly he can be, but this season he's not able to get that final magic.

I am a huge fan of Dele, so pay extra attention to what he does on the pitch without having possession as well. And it is shocking how many times he makes good runs and is completely ignored by other players when a ball to him would result in a goal. It happened thrice in today's game where he was in front of an open goal and more composure from Harry Kane would have seen him make a simple pass to Dele for a goal. But you can't blame Harry as well, given the form that he is in.

But I think the team is not quite in the same wavelength as he is when he makes those forward runs and that can be frustrating. Add to the fact that he's getting chopped down nonstop by rival defenders and not having the same impact as he had last season, it is understandable. But once he picks up form, he will go on a goalscoring run and everything will return to normal.

I think we somehow need to incorporate Sonny, Dele, Harry and Eriksen together in attack. Sonny's directness and runs also make more space for Dele which helps him out and while Eriksen is top notch in passing, it is reducing the effectiveness of Dele without having another direct runner like him on the other side.

I think we need to incorporate somebody better than Dele at keeping the ball.

Dele is judged very harshly. I think it's becoming very clear that Dele is being instructed to make those quick first time passes in the final third. It's a tough job, he rarely just passes it sideways or backwards. Everything might not be working out on the pitch atm, but he's obviously still training hard, otherwise he wouldn't be starting

Dele is judged very harshly. I think it's becoming very clear that Dele is being instructed to make those quick first time passes in the final third. It's a tough job, he rarely just passes it sideways or backwards. Everything might not be working out on the pitch atm, but he's obviously still training hard, otherwise he wouldn't be starting

He's keeping his place based on reputation and hype not on performances.

Back
Top Bottom