Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was hoping for 2 at least. 1 means he'll be in the squad for the next 2 games and play in Lithuania on Sun 8th October. Fortunately we don't have another match until the following Saturday.

Strangely lenient punishment......
Having seen the footage from different angle it is without doubt NOT aimed at the ref and it was 100% at Walker.
43F21D5F00000578-4857572-Video_footage_appears_to_confirm_the_gesture_was_aimed_at_Englan-a-48_1504694919971.jpg

Watching players swearing in the ref's faces every week and nothing done, I think it's pathetic he gets a ban at all. But as we all know, he's the devil. One of the nastiest, dirties, cheating bastards in World football, a player that can't control himself and should never be allowed on the football pitch, for the safety of those not just on the pitch but those at the stadium and now those watching on the TV.

It’s actually extremely harsh because Dele didn’t do anything. Players scream in refs faces and call them cunts and all sorts of names and get away with it.
This is the thing.... If he got away with no punishment then I can understand it, what I can't understand is that they've punished him, but really lightly.... Sending completely the wrong message.

Couldn't give a toss if he's banned playing for England, wish it was more. The international scene for this country is a dead duck, someone should put it out of its misery. All it succeeds in doing is spoiling the enjoyment of the EPL and ruining our players. Comes to something when even Southgate, the manager, tells the media were shit and if he had a choice he wanted have picked half the squad. Useless cunt.

Strikes me that these supposedly shocking scandals are almost exclusively the work of the TV and press in Britain, outraging the public who are on a permanent hair trigger awaiting to be outraged to the core by the latest flimflam that the press deem to be appalling.

See also the "We apologise if any viewer was offended by the language they might have heard" hand-wringing after the TV microphone has picked up someone saying "fuck".

See also the deluge of manufactured outrage at Ben Stokes for slapping some ned who comes at him with a bottle after a night out.

Don't know about elsewhere around the world but these things are laughed at in Spain and forgotten by the day after next. Because basically they don't matter a fucking jot.

Perhaps the media and the Great British public (not to mention FIFA) might like to get a bit shocked, stunned, offended and outraged at the slave labour used to build stadiums in Qatar. Something that has, you know, actually killed people.

Back
Top Bottom