Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Need to balance winning as losing would be a disaster to resting players for Saturday. Should have learnt from past seasons that playing a bunch of strangers does not work and need a core from those that play regularily. With Dele and Verts banned from CL they should play. Vorm will play as will Llorente but second guessing Poch's team apart from that is not easy?

Not for me, being small I see him using this to his advantage, he's a low centre of gravity he uses this to dribble past oppo like he's not there, so many twists and turns. Also once he's in the box no defender can touch him for fear of giving away a pen, more weight/bulk will dent his greatest asset.

I'm guessing of course but Poch's forwards press, Edwards doesn't. To press you have to be "physically fit" which is how I interpret what he's saying. Not get bigger.

If it's a stamina issue I don't see why he can't have 15 minutes like he did last year against Gillingham.

I can only think if GKN is fit Poch wants him to play and it's safer to have a first teamer on the bench instead of a kid, so no room for Edwards.

He is seventeen mate and just signed a new deal, plenty of time. If there is one thing Poch is the best at more than anything else it is evaluating long players (maybe developing world class full backs too).

He's 19 in a few months...

He debuted for us at 17 years old and has made zero progress for the first team since.

He's obviously had his injury problems but it'll get to the point, like a Jaden Sancho where he will decide he wants football. Competitive football.

If it's a stamina issue I don't see why he can't have 15 minutes like he did last year against Gillingham.

I can only think if GKN is fit Poch wants him to play and it's safer to have a first teamer on the bench instead of a kid, so no room for Edwards.
Possibly. Also GKN is on bigger wages and was bought for first team squad, if he's shit and not favoured then he needs to be showcased to be moved on??

Another guess from me but I get the sense that Edwards is being "managed", leaving him out of selections when perhaps he might have thought he was a shoe-in??? Trying to get him to work hard for his place, fight for it, no attitudes of "I'm talk of the town Marcus Edwards, I will walk into any team" (not that Edwards has been heard saying). Absolutely nothing to back this up other than him not being selected in match day squads where other academy players have been.

Cup games are exactly what we need at Wembley.

In the league, teams are coming to get a point, packing out the defence and trying not to lose. Dortmund came to attack, and we countered that and won. Nearly all the premier league teams will do the opposite.

Wembley isn't the problem, it's how the opposition is setting up. Swansea were a prime example of that.

Poch has basically said he's not really bothered with the league cup or Fa cup..
That's really a butchering of what he said.

He said he wants to win every game, but that is what Tottenham is to be about. Going out there with the intention to winning every game, and every competition. But he wants to win the PL or CL to cement Tottenham as one of the biggest clubs. He won't say no to a EFL or FA cup. But it is not his goal so to speak

Tonights game. Possibly significant because no Edwards, so may be Poch's comments about him earlier are similar to the ones he said about Walker-Peters only to give him 90mins against Newcastle???

Whats the beer facilities like in Wembley?
Never bothered before,but cutting it fine tomorrow and wont be going to the pub before hand,so may be tempted.

Only beer available is in Club Wembley. No beer available in levels 1 or 5. Can't comment on the offering in CW never been in there.

Or is that just European games?

We roped Edwards into a new contract lol
Man, just stop posting for a second. He is 18 and 5 ft 5. And after all, Barnsley are still a CS side.

I guess the comment from Poch is a bit misunderstood, he needs to put on some weight and muscles. But I still doubt that he will make it in the Premier League, I see him in Spain. There are only a few attacking mids of his size who were somewhat successful in England. Stephane Sessegnon, for example.

Man, just stop posting for a second. He is 18 and 5 ft 5. And after all, Barnsley are still a CS side.

I guess the comment from Poch is a bit misunderstood, he needs to put on some weight and muscles. But I still doubt that he will make it in the Premier League, I see him in Spain. There are only a few attacking mids of his size who were somewhat successful in England. Stephane Sessegnon, for example.

How much difference does half an inch make?

He's about the same height as the likes of Verrati, Xavi, Zola, Maradona, Cazorla, Lennon, Wright-Phillips etc. - it's nothing to do with his strength.

Balance > Strength.

You'll never know how they perform unless you try them. A 15 minute cameo from him tomorrow would have done zero harm.

How much difference does half an inch make?

He's about the same height as the likes of Verrati, Xavi, Zola, Maradona, Cazorla, Lennon, Wright-Phillips etc. - it's nothing to do with his strength.

Balance > Strength.

You'll never know how they perform unless you try them. A 15 minute cameo from him tomorrow would have done zero harm.
Have you ever heard of core strength lad

Back
Top Bottom