Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Jesus christ.

yeah, janssen has no place on the bench now that we have a good back up striker. it takes more than one goal from open play in a whole season to deserve a bench place in a team chasing top 4 at the very least. first he needs to prove himself in the league cup and fa cup.
Depends entirely on how Poch decides to line up.

As have been brought up in this thread and others, maybe he wants to test out having Llorente up top with Kane right behind in a freer role (effectively using 2 strikers). Having Janssen on the bench to replace Llorente makes sense then. We saw multiple times last season that Poch is not afraid of using 2 strikers up top.

This is of course dependent on that scenario playing out. However I do agree that the cups should be earmarked for Janssen as his place to prove himself and get minutes now.

Poch did try two up top a couple of times early on last season. didn't work, but its clearly something he's thought about... just needs the right personnel.

Poch did try two up top a couple of times early on last season. didn't work, but its clearly something he's thought about... just needs the right personnel.
We also played it a few times towards the end. But not as a starting formation but in the second half. Leicester away being the one I remember the clearest

This for me was a very un-Poch like signing - he's basically the antithesis player to our pressing, dynamic style of play and movement. Having said that - we have been poor aerially going forward so perhaps he can bring some physicality to our final move.

And of course - what a stud!

Fernando-Llorente-fernando-llorente-16089772-422-506.jpg

Phwoar! I love all my boys but not exactly lookers!

The other signings are a given but with this one half the people aren't sure and are trying to convince themselves into thinking it's a blinding bit of business by 'over' talking it
I'm pretty sure Fernando is the pissed bird in the kebab shop at the end of the night asking every young Turk for a light.
We took her home...

I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom