Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, it isn't. It is a private forum. We post here at the pleasure of the owners and if they decide we shouldn't post any longer then we're gone.

Nobody was called a homo, and there is no negative spin about the comment I made. Are you arguing it is embarrassing to be homosexual?
You've gone now....

Do you not understand how frustrating it is to keep having to repeating the same thing over and over and for the person you're saying it to not to grasp the comment?
Stop doing it then. I've asked you three questions and you answered them. Please feel free not to keep quoting me or telling me I'm wrong.

Stop doing it then. I've asked you three questions and you answered them. Please feel free not to keep quoting me or telling me I'm wrong.
I, and others, answered them, but then you go and ask the same bloody questions again! Showing that you never tried to articulate the answers you got. But I'm the problem....:pochfacepalm:

I, and others, answered them, but then you go and ask the same bloody questions again! Showing that you never tried to articulate the answers you got. But I'm the problem....:pochfacepalm:
Ok. To be clear - I understand the words you have used in the order you have used them. My tiny feeble mind coped with that much. I just wished to clarify why you believe what you believe. I was asking questions to develop a debate. Then you go personal with the attacks and frustrated smilies and I can't be bothered anymore.

I'll not attack your intellect by asking if you understand as I know intellect is something you aren't short of.

I'll not attack your intellect by asking if you understand as I know intellect is something you aren't short of.
I'm not some massively intelligent person. It's just one of the things that has come up in my life that I've learned a bit about.

But I'll take the backhanded complement anyway. :pochsmirk:

I don't think he had a good game, why do you?

And yeah, 3 up, cruising, perfect time to bring on the new boys for a quick round of applause
Because he had a good game. He did what he was set on the pitch to do. Move the ball up the pitch, open up space for Kane, Eriksen and Alli with his runs. That's what he was there to do. He's not on the pitch to score or make assists (even if he had a few moments to do both today) so those should not be the metrics him having a good game is measured on. He also worked hard in the defense and stressed the Everton players a fair bit.

As for Aurier and Llorente. Poch obviously wanted to debut them at Wembley. Aurier only got into England yesterday so why rush him out when he'd serve us much better fully fit and ready for Dortmund?

I don't think he had a good game, why do you?

And yeah, 3 up, cruising, perfect time to bring on the new boys for a quick round of applause

I see what you're saying about being 3-0 up and a cameo but I think Poch played it right bringing Son and Winks on instead. Layer down them that they need to prove themselves and kept the ones that have been there longer higher in the pecking order. I think Pochettino did it to show them they need to work their way into the team regardless of being new or reputation

Last edited:
Because he had a good game. He did what he was set on the pitch to do. Move the ball up the pitch, open up space for Kane, Eriksen and Alli with his runs. That's what he was there to do. He's not on the pitch to score or make assists (even if he had a few moments to do both today) so those should not be the metrics him having a good game is measured on. He also worked hard in the defense and stressed the Everton players a fair bit.

As for Aurier and Llorente. Poch obviously wanted to debut them at Wembley. Aurier only got into England yesterday so why rush him out when he'd serve us much better fully fit and ready for Dortmund?

That's supposition, not obvious conclusions. I measure a player partly for quality, and his, on the ball, was lacking today. Over the next two or three years, he will be one of the weaker ones replaced, you'll see.

I see what you're saying about being 3-0 up and a cameo but I think Poch played it right bringing Son and Winks on instead. Layer down them that they need to prove themselves and kept the ones that have been there longer higher in the pecking order. I think Pochettino did it to show them they need to work their way into the team regardless of being new or reputation

I don't know. He brought Sanchez on after we conceded against Burnley...

Back
Top Bottom