Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moving last minute, finding it hard to find a place in the new club leads to low morale which in turn leads to bad play. Players are human as well, they are affected by bad press and abuse from fans

I want to see Sissoko want the ball. Eriksen always goes after the ball he literally yearns for it at his feet. I'd like to see what a Sissoko brimming with belief in his own ability can do. Yesterday I saw genuine effort which was great to see. He didn't hide he tried to do things. If he keeps doing that it will click and he'll give our first team an absolute brute. Watch him launch a 30 yard rocket for his first for us sooner rather than later.

The great ones have no fear and Sissoko should have faith that if he tries to pull something off and it doesn't materialise that we have enough top class defence minded people to make up for it.

That being said, especially in home games he'll probably get bombarded with moans and groans if he tries to create and loses the ball. Leave off of him if he does (the same with all of them), your 'support' will do more harm to the team than good.

Encourage him, it's a supports job to give the players needing confidence a bit of encouragement to keep giving it a go

I want to see Sissoko want the ball. Eriksen always goes after the ball he literally yearns for it at his feet. I'd like to see what a Sissoko brimming with belief in his own ability can do. Yesterday I saw genuine effort which was great to see. He didn't hide he tried to do things. If he keeps doing that it will click and he'll give our first team an absolute brute. Watch him launch a 30 yard rocket for his first for us sooner rather than later.

The great ones have no fear and Sissoko should have faith that if he tries to pull something off and it doesn't materialise that we have enough top class defence minded people to make up for it.

That being said, especially in home games he'll probably get bombarded with moans and groans if he tries to create and loses the ball. Leave off of him if he does (the same with all of them), your 'support' will do more harm to the team than good.

Encourage him, it's a supports job to give the players needing confidence a bit of encouragement to keep giving it a go

Wish I could give more than one agree. Exactly this.

Moving last minute, finding it hard to find a place in the new club leads to low morale which in turn leads to bad play. Players are human as well, they are affected by bad press and abuse from fans

Relatively, it wasn't a bad one. He wanted to move, did all he could to force Newcastle's hand and moved in the same league. Player liaison officers do everything now, from sorting housing to schools for kids and all sorts.

Completed more take ons tonight than Trippier has in the last 3 seasons.

Missed more crosses than Trippier has in the last 3 seasons though.

He's a Walker replacement. Looked like he was better defensively and on the ball than Walker, but without the extreme pace. But, even though he has these somehow extremely important "take ons", he is not close to the quality of crossing that Trippier provides.

(Note: I do think he was great today, I'm just not in agreement with those who claim he crosses better than Walker.)

Missed more crosses than Trippier has in the last 3 seasons though.

He's a Walker replacement. Looked like he was better defensively and on the ball than Walker, but without the extreme pace. But, even though he has these somehow extremely important "take ons", he is not close to the quality of crossing that Trippier provides.

Fuck Trippier's crosses.

Give me lung bursting wing backs who will provide us with width and won't be scared to take on a fucking defender to create oppertunities.

He pisses all over Trippier as an all round footballer. In fact, his performance today proved to me that Trippier isn't good enough to start in this Spurs team. Good back up though and will start against Barnsley next week AND play well.

Fuck Trippier's crosses.

Give me lung bursting wing backs who will provide us with width and won't be scared to take on a fucking defender to create oppertunities.

He pisses all over Trippier as an all round footballer. In fact, his performance today proved to me that Trippier isn't good enough to start in this Spurs team. Good back up though and will start against Barnsley next week AND play well.

I happen to think a Trippier cross is a thing of beauty, so I would probably try to fuck it if I thought I'd have a chance.

Bit of a headless chicken first half but settled well in the second and once he gets used to the shape and style of the team, I think he'll offer the pace and attacking threat of Walker with more defensive nous

Very happy

Really impressed with him tonight. His game reminds me so much of Kyle Walker. The way runs and cuts back and passes the ball etc. Seems a like for like replacement. And I still think Trippier is a great player to have as back up. True professional who will always give everything and more. But this guy looks real class

Besides the speed and athleticism, he played a couple of nice through balls.

Very well-rounded player. Will make for an excellent RWB

Back
Top Bottom