Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's supposition, not obvious conclusions. I measure a player partly for quality, and his, on the ball, was lacking today. Over the next two or three years, he will be one of the weaker ones replaced, you'll see.
And I think you are one of those that are so focused on seeing the negatives in a player that you cannot see positives. A player can only be shit or great. No in between. Solid players like Sissoko always fall into the shit category then.

Great listen.
Excellent from Levy and Poch.
He's very eloquent in that interview, and it's good that he speaks with fondness for PSG rather than with salt. Would perhaps be a red flag otherwise.

It would appear that Poch and Levy put the legwork in to sell Spurs to Aurier, and that he was our number one target to replace Walker. With that in mind, I'd like to retract my annoyance over the time it took for us to bring a right back in - Aurier had a time limitation on how early he could sign for us (hell, even in terms of how early he could set foot on British soil) but I'd prefer our management to get the guy they wanted rather than compromise for ease.

It was easy to get techy about the RB situation after the way we lost two points against Burnley, and Trippier was getting exposed badly there, but given Aurier was the plan all along then I'm sorry I thought Levy had fucked us over.
:levystare:

'straight from' = hetero normative = homophobic, I fucking knew it!

I'm not one to take things out of context..

Actually a very good interview showing her left PSG on good terms and he's motivated to be with us.

The less said about him accusing Levy and Poch having intimate relationships the better though..

:pochwtf::levywhoa:

iasip-1202-0800r-1486509619836_1280w.jpg

This thread

And I think you are one of those that are so focused on seeing the negatives in a player that you cannot see positives. A player can only be shit or great. No in between. Solid players like Sissoko always fall into the shit category then.

Let me make it a bit clearer for you.

There are many solid players, that's great.

Sissoko probably is one. He's not good enough for us, but he's okay, a bit better than the average midfielder and in some games, excellent. He'll probably end up at a club like Everton.

What I dislike is the negativity that he brings. He did it at Newcastle and was hated. They snapped our hands off for 30 mil. That's never a good sign.

It also adds pressure to him because you have a con side to his presence and naturally expect more to balance that out.

I don't recall calling any of our players sh*t. I shouldn't have to explain to you that PL players are universally elite when it comes to humans playing football. That said, some are not up to the required standard, and that isn't the same thing.

Let me make it a bit clearer for you.

There are many solid players, that's great.

Sissoko probably is one. He's not good enough for us, but he's okay, a bit better than the average midfielder and in some games, excellent. He'll probably end up at a club like Everton.

What I dislike is the negativity that he brings. He did it at Newcastle and was hated. They snapped our hands off for 30 mil. That's never a good sign.

It also adds pressure to him because you have a con side to his presence and naturally expect more to balance that out.

I don't recall calling any of our players sh*t. I shouldn't have to explain to you that PL players are universally elite when it comes to humans playing football. That said, some are not up to the required standard, and that isn't the same thing.
But Sissoko is not hated in our locker room. By all accounts he's a chill dude. Part of the Dembéle group. Getting Aurier in will only help as well since they go way back

But Sissoko is not hated in our locker room. By all accounts he's a chill dude. Part of the Dembéle group. Getting Aurier in will only help as well since they go way back
He's also a role model off pitch, doesn't get into trouble and raises 6 children!

His transfer was rough on him, but with proper guidance and support he will assimilate even better, he's a full international for France and there's a reason

He's also a role model off pitch, doesn't get into trouble and raises 6 children!

His transfer was rough on him, but with proper guidance and support he will assimilate even better, he's a full international for France and there's a reason
As someone said in the Sissoko thread: He's seemingly committed to us now and wants to play here. Time to back the guy now. If games like yesterday can become the norm and he can start hitting a level above that as well he'll be a decent player for us. Probably not a given starter but a fine sub/rotation player. Something we need since Dembele is winding down. Use Sissoko as the middle man while we blood Winks in so to speak.

As someone said in the Sissoko thread: He's seemingly committed to us now and wants to play here. Time to back the guy now. If games like yesterday can become the norm and he can start hitting a level above that as well he'll be a decent player for us. Probably not a given starter but a fine sub/rotation player. Something we need since Dembele is winding down. Use Sissoko as the middle man while we blood Winks in so to speak.
It might have something to do with his mate Aurier has just signed for us as well.
Apparently they hang out in Paris!

In a way, that's even worse. You want the players to see disruptive influences for what they are, not buddy up with them. Wasn't so long ago, before Poch, that Dembele was maligned too. His industry and strength at DM turned his career around with us. If he's inclined to have a poor attitude, pairing him with Aurier, known for the same, will hardly help!

It might have something to do with his mate Aurier has just signed for us as well.
Apparently they hang out in Paris!

The bring in a mate idea worries me, it's divisive. A true Newcastle, an overload of French speaking players creating a division in the dressing room.

It's just his mouth, he needs to stop complaining, and put all of his effort in on the pitch.

Rough transfer?

In a way, that's even worse. You want the players to see disruptive influences for what they are, not buddy up with them. Wasn't so long ago, before Poch, that Dembele was maligned too. His industry and strength at DM turned his career around with us. If he's inclined to have a poor attitude, pairing him with Aurier, known for the same, will hardly help!
And we are of course then to assume that Sissoko have not turned around? It's not unheard of for "disruptive" players to improve if they land in a club they feel at home in.

It's just his mouth, he needs to stop complaining, and put all of his effort in on the pitch.

Rough transfer?
Moving last minute, finding it hard to find a place in the new club leads to low morale which in turn leads to bad play. Players are human as well, they are affected by bad press and abuse from fans

Back
Top Bottom