Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

??

Are you asking if he's really a villain?

If you are, then for sure. He's the main bad guy in Watchmen if you watch it and realise how much harm he's caused. Difficult to discuss without saying spoilers.

He is a God who is indifferent to humanity, like a kid in a sand pit playing with ants. The kid will kill the ants, he doesn't know that it's evil, but it's undeniable that it is an evil action - same for the Dr. God like powers + Someone severely autistic + Having to make huge moral choices = Bad endings.

If you didn't mean any of that, then I look like a massive nerd, cheers for that.
See, I don't see him as the villain. At least not explicitly, but of course this is a work with a lot of moral ambiguity (i.e. Is the antagonist's plan the greater good, etc?).
Also, at the end, Dr. Manhattan rediscovers some appreciation for humanity and his final decisions reflect that.

In some ways, I don't really see Watchmen as having a specific 'villain'.

Oh well, best we not nerd-up the Dele thread too much.
:pochlol:

Also, at the end, Dr. Manhattan rediscovers some appreciation for humanity and his final decisions reflect that.

His final decision is to lie to the world, lets a terrorist attack that wipes out New York and kills millions go unpunished and then kills his best mate. You can argue this is for "the greater good", but that's a pretty fucked up way of achieving it. This is exactly what I mean about him - his actions are evil, despite the good/oblivious intention. His "final final" action is to simply leave Earth forever - not exactly the actions of a man rediscovering his humanity

He goes into Vietnam to "end the war quickly", and ends up killing thousands of people who have no way of fighting back. At the end of the war they are so afraid that they worship him. Because of how successful the Vietnam War went American abandons democracy and becomes a dictatorship under Nixon - all because of Manhattan.

America keep using the Dr as a stick to beat Russia with, constantly making threats. At the end of the film Russia are so fed up with the situation that they will nuke America, knowing it will mean their annihilation.

He's an interesting character and a very subjective one, but in my eyes he's a bad guy who can't be trusted with the power he has. In the comic book this is even more obvious - the Comedian goes on a drunken rampage and aims a gun at an innocent pregnant woman. The Dr sees this and just stands there watching, he could easily stop it but doesn't - the woman gets shot in the gut, and she and her baby die in agony while he watches.

The world steadily declines once the Dr is created, almost every action he takes causes huge negative consequences. I read somewhere that he's called Dr Manhattan as he represents a nuclear bomb - he isn't good or evil, he's just insanely powerful. Unfortunately this power causes bad shit to happen from start to end.

Anyway, I'll stop there. While watching the film I thought it was utter shit, but then if I watch a 2 minute scene or read about it I find it interesting and get drawn in. Just wish they did a better job with the film =(

FIFA openening disciplinary proceedings against Dele.

I know some people on here think it was nothing but he needs to get these parts out of his game. Will probably end up with a couple of match ban you know

In the sterile product European football has become, it's a problem. Why I've really no idea tbh.

It was said of Rooney that the fire was essential to him. I think it's the way with Alli too. Sterilise hid behaviour and you'd lose the confidence he gets from his bold modes of expression.

What they should be doing is continuing to investigate themselves bunch of bent old bastards!
How much credibility have they got left now? fuck all!:wansum:

It is quite amazing really. For whatever reason, the majority of fans of other clubs seem to think he is a cunt. In reality the guy is a top lad. I am not even sure he has that much of an 'edge' on the pitch. I don't like going there, but maybe there is some racism going on. Dier does not get this despite making far worse tackles and being petulant on the pitch. He makes a little joke for England, and now he is a disgrace according to many. 'Think of the children' they say. It is just the middle finger. No kid will give a fuck. Why the fuck does anyone care?

It is quite amazing really. For whatever reason, the majority of fans of other clubs seem to think he is a cunt. In reality the guy is a top lad. I am not even sure he has that much of an 'edge' on the pitch. I don't like going there, but maybe there is some racism going on. Dier does not get this despite making far worse tackles and being petulant on the pitch. He makes a little joke for England, and now he is a disgrace according to many. 'Think of the children' they say. It is just the middle finger. No kid will give a fuck. Why the fuck does anyone care?
I doubt many people do actually give a shit. It's just the tabloids trying to whip up hysteria out of nothing, as usual. Cunts are always trying to play the moral bastions of society despite being the lowest of the low themselves. Scumbags.

It's a sad state of affairs when FIFA are more interested in taking disciplinary actions against Dele for sticking a middle finger up then tackling racism in football.

Nice one, FIFA :dembelefingers::avbfu:
While I was watching the game the other night, it might be my imagination but it seemed to me that the Slovakian fans were jeering and whistling every time the black England players had the ball.

FIFA openening disciplinary proceedings against Dele.

I know some people on here think it was nothing but he needs to get these parts out of his game. Will probably end up with a couple of match ban you know

lol you're a joke thinking him sticking up the middle finger is the problem. FIFA and Europe in general are the problem. Bunch of sensitive pussies.

lol you're a joke thinking him sticking up the middle finger is the problem. FIFA and Europe in general are the problem. Bunch of sensitive pussies.

Only not so sensitive when it comes to allowing events to be staged in homophobic dictatorships or in stadia built using slave labour. Sometimes sensitivity is good, means you are more receptive to sensation or events.

Edit and Europe in general is diverse and multifaceted unlike that cultural oasis* that exists between the coasts in Trumpland

*desert, I meant, desert, oasis would make no sense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom