The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man, are you drinking? Please stop overanalysing. Or take it to the New Stadium thread.

Yeah playing at Wembley is just like it was at WHL....no different I suppose....kid yourself all you want that its not an issue.

And if you hadnt noticed, yesterdays game, being at Wembly and all that, has releveance to the point

:kaneshh:

Maybe I should have worded it differently. I'm not saying that Conte is a genius...I meant the way the game panned out was EXACTLY what is deemed a Mourinho masterclass when he does it. Sitting back, absorbing the pressure and then getting goals against the run of play - 1st one being a free kick and the winner being a break following a Spurs attack.

Had it finished 1-1 I'd still have the same opinion and I think they'd still be happy with nicking a point.

Newcastle might have been better last week but we beat them 2-0.
We lost to Chelsea 2-1 after they sat back for 90 minutes and took their only two chances on target - that's the comparison to the Mourinho masterclass.
I get it, but calling it a masterclass when luck played a part in the outcome is really what I'm referring to, Maybe over egging it, and apologise if I am, just don't want to give that cunt any credit whatsoever. When Maureen plays like that then you can describe it as a masterclass, because he still has his teams produce enough to get something out of the game, they manufacture their chances and he also has the ability to completely shut out the opo, just look at the EL final, that is what I call a masterclass (helped by a naive Bose too mind). But Conte is one fucking lucky cunt yesterday, his game plan was to sit deep but not concede as many shots on goal as we did, not to have last ditched defending in the box and not to create so little from their open play. There plan was to go long to Morata and get he to hold the ball up, which he failed because we won that ball back every single time. If that was Maureen, his striker will hold it up, will bring in others into play and they will create something, same with Leicester, Burnley.

Maybe I should have worded it differently. I'm not saying that Conte is a genius...I meant the way the game panned out was EXACTLY what is deemed a Mourinho masterclass when he does it. Sitting back, absorbing the pressure and then getting goals against the run of play - 1st one being a free kick and the winner being a break following a Spurs attack.

Had it finished 1-1 I'd still have the same opinion and I think they'd still be happy with nicking a point.

Newcastle might have been better last week but we beat them 2-0.
We lost to Chelsea 2-1 after they sat back for 90 minutes and took their only two chances on target - that's the comparison to the Mourinho masterclass.

Surely a masterclass of defensive / counter attacking football ends 0-1 to Chelsea

Conte teams always break up play with fouls.
They always know when to go to ground get free kicks or yellows.
If Kane was Luiz he probably wouldn't have gone to ground.
We need to play the game. Sometimes we are naive.
They were at it all game and got less yellow cards than us.
Vertonghens yellow was another over reaction and play act.

We only two have two players who are good at stopping opponents with the darker arts, we sold one and the other one stabbed us in the back 3 days before KO.

I was worried about Wembley at the start of the summer, then calmed down over it. Yesterday all my concerns came back.

We can say its not an issue.......but it is isnt it.

We would have won that game yesterday at WHL, because thats our home, and we would die before we lost the first game of the season there to them, after going unbeaten last year.

Thats the problem...not pitch size or long grass.

Wembley is a muted sterile shithole, the noise always sounds like children shouting as it just carries off into the air and fades. Its fucking red, and above all, its a neutral ground.

We have no home. That to me is a problem in itself, but renting out a plastic stadium with no soul just makes it worse.
It can only get better with time - believe

I got every right to post my opinion on my team. We do well at WHL because its small and compact. At Wembley we look lost . All you have to do is see the games there from last year. We're not spending. Half our games are at a ground we can't play in and the team is getting found out.

Like I said, we are not as brain dead as you Chelsea fans so quit acting as though you are a Spurs fan. Sometimes it takes a post or two for us to spot it but you failed after one line.

Only just managed to drag myself on here. A disappointing afternoon, but I was fully prepared for a lot worse. The fact that all the media and online pundits were talking us up as winners and the team to beat was extremely worrying. I knew deep down that a draw was the best we were going to get and most likely it was going to be a loss.

On the upside, the team actually seemed to pass a lot better than last weekend. Dunno if that's because I was watching it on TV, which makes any piece of talent look miles better/any fuck-up look tonnes worse, or if there has actually been some improvement. Still think it was terribly unfair for Chelsea to be our first Wembley game, but it is what it is.

I think piping in the drumming is just a Wembley thing that they do at all games. They're usually hosting England games with absolutely zero atmosphere and so have to do that shit so there is some form of buzz going around that huge stadium. When I went to a play-off final there an absolutely ear-piercing PA was screeching over rave music whenever there was no football being played, as if we were at a really terrible open-air nightclub and were going to start dancing. Hopefully once it becomes clear the Spurs fans are capable of creating an atmosphere themselves all that fake shite will be knocked on the head.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Back
Top Bottom