Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be there, catching a flight this Thursday.
If anybody wants a punch up\grabbing a pint\sniffing glue I'll probably be at the torch from around 2

Last edited:
Getting so fed up with this Wembley hoodoo bullshit from the media. We weren't great but were the better team yesterday and definitely the better team in the FA Cup semi last year, beat Moscow in our last CL game lastyear and Juve in our only friendly. Half the team play for England there in white and play well.

Unfortunately, I suspect that we won't rid ourselves of the 'Wembley Curse' in the media until we beat a top 7 team there. Draw or lose to Burnley, they're bullshit 'curse' narrative will continue; win and they'll say something like, "it was only Burnley..."

I'm confident we'll win and would love Kane to score so we can get finally get the media to shut up about Kane never having scored a PL goal in August.

Last edited:
Easy Burnley win coming up.

A lovely big day out for them with no stress, while our lot are desperate and hopeless at Wembley.

I wouldn't say desperate and hopeless.

We dominated yesterday, and on another day would have won by a good margin. It was one 2 errors at the back that cost us, which Poch will cut out this week.

Burnley won't be able to defend like Chelsea, and no longer have the pace to play on the counter. They got away with it at Chelsea (credit to them for the 3 goals they scored) and if we get the lead we will add to it before they score.

Burnley, like every other team, will see this as a massive day out and will treat it like a cup final.

We will still win, but it's something we will have to adapt to. I also think ultimately it works in our favour because we will have to adapt.

Unfortunately, I suspect that we won't rid ourselves of the 'Wembley Curse' in the media until we beat a top 7 team there. Draw or lose to Burnley, they're bullshit 'curse' narrative will continue; win and they'll say something like, "it was only Burnley..."

I'm confident we'll win and would love Kane to score so we can get finally get the medal to shut up about Kane never having scored a PL goal in August.
Had we won yesterday it would have been because Chelsea were in crisis and had a depleted squad.

We are going to attack them like a bunch of angry beavers.

The last result would have annoyed the f*** out of the lads.

Same team as the last game.

3-0 win. Kane, Eriksen and Dele to put them in the onion bag.

Nothing. Except the ref yesterday was Taylor
:sonpoint:

Bloody Anthonys

anthony_gardner129_782867c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom