The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We lost and neither side looked great.

We have to adapt to Wembley, get back our fizz and bring in 2/3 players.

Not a disaster but not great.

Players will improve. They have to.

Chelsea are a bogey side no doubt at all but we should not have conceded after equalising.

That is what hurts.

Wanyama, Dier, Dele all very poor. Son poor when he came on. Lloris shit for their winner

You can howl all you like at Chelsea for this that and the other but they withstood our pressure superbly, while we we pretty toothless in getting in behind them.
Son was ok, but not a big enough impact. Need to turn our possession into goals, though. The ghost of Mourinho guided Chelsea today.

I apologise for jumping the gun. I don't think that language is necessary on here though.

yeah, apologies. Still frustrated from the match,

I wasn't saying Lloris was shit or Wanyama - but that's the fine margins of the game. If we win that, no one criticises Wanyama's performance to that extent and no one criticises Lloris - and we're gonna win the league etc.

football is a funny game.

we win that, which we could have, and we go 2 wins from 2 games, people would be creaming themselves, excited for the new season, first game at wembley, first win etc.

but because we lost, which we didn't deserve to, we need to strengthen the squad, Lloris isnt good enough and Wanyama is shit.
We do need to strengthen the squad,
Lloris isn't shit but if he is the most error prone in the team surely. He usually puts us under pressure dithering with clumsy passes too. It's a fact.

We do need to strengthen the squad,
Lloris isn't shit but if he is the most error prone in the team surely. He usually puts us under pressure dithering with clumsy passes too. It's a fact.

I'll re-iterate, I wasn't calling Lloris or Wanyama shit.

The only big positive is that this is only the 2nd match of the season. It would have been a lot more damaging if this had been in November or December.

Just realised we ended up with 2 defenders on the pitch out of 11 fucking players.

Sanchez can't come in quick enough.

And people still question why we prioritised CBs this window.

Poch is a Wiley one and realises you can't rely on punts like Nkoudou and Njie in the premiership. He's evolving as a manager and so are we as a team. That's how it should be and I have every trust that he sees what we see reg areas of improvement

And people still question why we prioritised CBs this window.

Poch is a Wiley one and realises you can't rely on punts like Nkoudou and Njie in the premiership. He's evolving as a manager and so are we as a team. That's how it should be and I have every trust that he sees what we see reg areas of improvement

Taking Davies off was just a strangely poor decision though. UNLESS he was injured.

Hugo completely the wrong option throwing to Wanyama in middle of field

Should have gone to the flanks or just hoof the fucking thing

They set up to stop us scoring. We were unable to score in OpenPlay. Complete fuck up at the end which gifted them the winner. It's just not good enough. The only saving grace is its early season and so time to make good I hate Chelsea so much it hurts signing off to slash my wrists.

Back
Top Bottom