Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn't make it up..................

DHIGX1YWsAAr0fP.jpg

DHIGX1gW0AEy59t.jpg

DHIGX2NXcAAubMg.jpg

UEFA have announced their short list for Player of the Year. Here's the article from the BBC. Everything seems ok, until we get to #10.

Uefa: Gianluigi Buffon, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo shortlisted for player of the year

Gianluigi Buffon, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have been shortlisted for the Uefa men's player of the year.

Italy and Juventus goalkeeper Buffon, Argentina and Barcelona striker Messi and Portugal and Real Madrid forward Ronaldo were chosen by a jury of 80 coaches and 55 journalists.

Messi and Ronaldo have won the award twice - Ronaldo winning last season.

The award will be presented at the 2017/18 Champions League group stage draw in Monaco on Thursday 24 August.

Pernille Harder (Denmark, Linkoping and Wolfsburg), Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany, Lyon) and Lieke Martens (Netherlands, Rosengard and Barcelona) are the three nominees for the women's award.

The players who make up the rest of the top 10 are:

4: Luka Modric (Croatia, Real Madrid)

5: Toni Kroos (Germany, Real Madrid)

6: Paulo Dybala (Argentina, Juventus)

7: Sergio Ramos (Spain, Real Madrid)

8: Kylian Mbappe (France, Monaco)

9: Robert Lewandowski (Poland, Bayern Munich)

10: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden, Manchester United)

Ibrahimovich? Really? :disdain:

Not media bias, but i thought stupidity belonged here too.

Jim White - "The results of the poll are literally showing which way you're voting."

NO SHIT!

I swear that bloke is a robot that has about 200 phrases that come out in random order. He has no idea what's coming out of his own mouth.

Jim White - "The results of the poll are literally showing which way you're voting."

NO SHIT!

I swear that bloke is a robot that has about 200 phrases that come out in random order. He has no idea what's coming out of his own mouth.
Mr. Stating The Bleedin' Obvious. He is also the biggest brown nose in the media.

NO SHIT!

He's a big wanker of a tie with a sound board attached.

To be fair - the best defensive midfielders don't need to tackle.

Depends on the formation.
A holding midfielder not so much.

But if you are covering full backs going forward I would expect tackles to be higher.

I'd be willing to bet 2 tackles per game is a lot less than say Kante average's.

Depends on the formation.
A holding midfielder not so much.

But if you are covering full backs going forward I would expect tackles to be higher.

I'd be willing to bet 2 tackles per game is a lot less than say Kante average's.

Kante averages about 2.5 tackles per game. Wanyama about 1.88.

Back
Top Bottom