Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The people that will read this thread looking to get some intel on the player are in for a treat.

Lol'd the entire 6 pages, really good job guys, now let's get to 1000 pages on the other thread before the morning flight from Amsterdam to London.

With the raw materials he has does this lad look like someone who could be moulded into an athletic full back?

Wonder if it's a floating role he's potentially being lined up for.

I totally agree Wanyama and Dembele are the best CDM pair.

But, Sanchez surely isn't going to be a 35m bench-warmer. Same for Barkley. So, where would all this leave Dier? Relying on us going deep in the cups to give him enough game time to book his place in Russia? Or, worse, relying on getting opportunities at RB until KWP is ready to deputise for Trippier?

Don't get me wrong, both these guys would be great additions to our squad and I'd be thrilled to have them. I'm just wondering what impact their arrival might have on the way we use Dier and/or the way Dier reacts to situation.
If we go for all the silverware possible that could be over 60 matches a season. Let's be positive - over 70!!

Barkley I imagine is very well aware that he will have to knuckle down and learn how to play football all over again before he gets starts outside of the League Cup.

He is a good player, a very athletic one. Needs to improve his ball-playing-skills and positioning somewhat, but overall he has a lot of potential. Not sure this would be the right move for us though. It's a lot of money that is being quoted for a CB. Especially considering we aren't exactly short on options there. It's not a priority position for me to strenghten.

Personally, if we are to raid Ajax, I would prefer Dolberg.

We all love Dembele, but it's tough to rely on him.

We saw that Wanyama advanced with Dier holding was another useful option.

Like you said. Plenty of games to go around.

I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that we can't rely on Dembele.

Only an idiot would say he's not the most complete midfielder in the league. He would get into every teams starting 11.

I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that we can't rely on Dembele.

Only an idiot would say he's not the most complete midfielder in the league. He would get into every teams starting 11.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to his injury problems and the fact he can only play 60-70 minutes rather than his ability.

Well I hope so..

I'm pretty sure he's referring to his injury problems and the fact he can only play 60-70 minutes rather than his ability.

Well I hope so..

Well he can only play one game a week, and he's injury prone. Maybe that's what he meant?

If this is what was meant then I apologise for my quick judgement.

Admittedly Dembele can't play 2 games in 7 days, unless he's playing 60 mins per game. Hopefully that's where Winks or potentially Barkley will step in.

People say £35 mil is steep but if Wimmer is off for £20 mil and we have already made about £75 mil in player sales that still leaves around £60-65 (if Wimmer goes) for 2-3 other players if we are still on the net zero spend way of doing things.

People say £35 mil is steep but if Wimmer is off for £20 mil and we have already made about £75 mil in player sales that still leaves around £60-65 (if Wimmer goes) for 2-3 other players if we are still on the net zero spend way of doing things.
Where is Herr Wimmer off to?

Back
Top Bottom