Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wikipedia has spoken.

"In August 2017 Sánchez signed a four-year contract with the English side.The club paid a fee of an old pair of Christian Gross's underpants plus add ons, reportedly an old tin of bald head grease that once upon a time belonged to Martin Jol - and of course, paid in instalments. Good old Levy!"

That settles it.
Not as good as the original edits which were short and sweet.

-10 points

It would be funny if the transfer fails because Sanchez was annoyed at Spurs fans for vandalising his wiki page.

Danny Rose: "I want us to sign players I don't have to Google"

Davinson Sanchez: "I'm officially not signing for Tottenham because I Googled myself"

Competition for Wanyama.
You think he'll be happy with that? Until Wanyama arrived, he was first choice in that position. I think Wanyama's preferred there now, but Dier's had good game time in a back three. Sanchez's arrival (and we have to assume at the figures quoted, he's not coming to sit on the bench) eats into that too.

You think he'll be happy with that? Until Wanyama arrived, he was first choice in that position. I think Wanyama's preferred there now, but Dier's had good game time in a back three. Sanchez's arrival (and we have to assume at the figures quoted, he's not coming to sit on the bench) eats into that too.

Well he isn't as good as Wanyama and he's not that good as a centre half - what I would imagine is that Wanyama would get alot more rest time with Dier coming in for cup games as well as some league games etc. as last season he was playing at the back and Wanyama played far too many minutes.

Why is he in the Spurs section.
We ain't signed him yet.

Didn't he turn down a move becuase he wanted playing time..
So why would he come here if he's going to be behind Toby Alderwiereld?
Seems a bit strange.
Unless we intend to play 3 at the back all season.
Can he play right back?

That's how the forum used to work, hence the "transfers"thread prefix (admittedly not used on here)

Well he isn't as good as Wanyama and he's not that good as a centre half - what I would imagine is that Wanyama would get alot more rest time with Dier coming in for cup games as well as some league games etc. as last season he was playing at the back and Wanyama played far too many minutes.
I see it that way too. My concern is it may not be enough for Dier. Not sure how true reports of him being keen on a move to Man U are but, if there was any truth to them, Sanchez and Barkley's arrival might encourage him to push for it.

Wanyama is better than Dier at CDM. Wanyama was the big difference between last season and the season before. Him and Dembele are the best CM pairing in the league.

Dier will still get 30+ games easy.

Wanyama is better than Dier at CDM. Wanyama was the big difference between last season and the season before. Him and Dembele are the best CM pairing in the league.

We all love Dembele, but it's tough to rely on him.

We saw that Wanyama advanced with Dier holding was another useful option.

Like you said. Plenty of games to go around.

I totally agree Wanyama and Dembele are the best CDM pair.

But, Sanchez surely isn't going to be a 35m bench-warmer. Same for Barkley. So, where would all this leave Dier? Relying on us going deep in the cups to give him enough game time to book his place in Russia? Or, worse, relying on getting opportunities at RB until KWP is ready to deputise for Trippier?

Don't get me wrong, both these guys would be great additions to our squad and I'd be thrilled to have them. I'm just wondering what impact their arrival might have on the way we use Dier and/or the way Dier reacts to situation.

Now I may have never watched or even heard of this kid before a few minutes ago, but I did just watch half of a youtube highlights video so I think I'm fully qualified to talk in depth about this rumoured transfer that might never actually happen. So my concern is that as good as he looks, how come nobody else has gone in for him yet? You'd think Man City would be all over this for example. Is there some weakness we don't know about? Anyone checked his knees?

Now I may have never watched or even heard of this kid before a few minutes ago, but I did just watch half of a youtube highlights video so I think I'm fully qualified to talk in depth about this rumoured transfer that might never actually happen. So my concern is that as good as he looks, how come nobody else has gone in for him yet? You'd think Man City would be all over this for example. Is there some weakness we don't know about? Anyone checked his knees?

He's been linked with Barcelona.

I imagine they didn't pursue because they have Umtiti who is better and Pique who's a club legend and it's a lot of money for someone to sit on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom