Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alledgedly one of the targets is Sergi Roberto.
giphy.gif

Second rate? Where did I say that?

I said squad cover. Poch said he can't even garuntee they will play.

You think squad cover means "shit player".....I see Winks and Son as squad cover.
Quality squad cover.

If you think it means poor player, that's your take. Not mine
I think a lot of the arguments on this thread boils down to this, I actually think most of us are on the same page regarding transfers and have been all summer but the different interpretations of words such as "squad cover" have caused most of the squabbles.

Lloris? Eriksen?
Thought Eriksen came earlier but you're right. Nonetheless I dont understand why you would wait him a few games into the season and miss all the pre season stuff before signing someone, when it seems so important that players are up to our exacting fitness standards

Brasil always had better squads than Portugal. Not even comparable.
And Cristiano Ronaldo Will go on history as the second best ever and with a much better career than Ronaldo fat.
It's an inexact science but I don't think you can be a true great without winning the World Cup. Maradona pretty much won it all on his own and so is better than Messi and CRonaldo. Pele won it 3 times. Breaking all the records in goals scored at club level doesn't mean very much to me. The Spanish League is basically 34 training sessions a season for Barca or Real. It's not a real league anymore. Winning the Champions League, likewise. It has become very uncompetitive these last 10 or so years.

I don't follow.....
Basically if I knew something and someone's job was at risk if I told, I would either:

Not tell......or tell anyway under a name like SpursyfanSuper-Mario25.

No one knows who that is.

So saying "Barkley signs tomorrow" wouldn't matter.
Why say....."someone I can't name is signing but it might fall through"

Pointless. Then just keep it to yourself.

But what if the person with the friend isn't told a name, but merely advised "I can't say who, but we're in talks with a top class Italian striker"?

Alternatively, they might know the name, but are advised not to leak it as it will be obvious if it comes back to them.

e.g. if your mate was in the room when poch and levy spoke about, say for example, Balotelli. If you tell everyone "We're after balotelli" it would potentially be obvious who the leak was. If you say "we're polling for a plasma" (ballot telly, I dunno I don't make this shit to), it's vague enough that maybe it won't bite you (or your mate) in the ass.

I bet the person who took the photo of Poch and his sons walking thru the turnstile at Hotspur way got sacked or bummed for it.

My priority list would be:

1. Quality right back. Pereira or Cancelo would be ideal
2. Barkley / AN Other versatile midfielder. Almost on a par with (1).

I'd say this was the minimum for the window.

3. Fast, dynamic Son-type mediapunta
4. Young CB, maybe a bit more experienced than Foyth if Wimmer goes, would rather he stays tho really
5. Young 3rd choice keeper who Toni can get to work on and who can step up if/when Vorm moves on. Not Gazza N-Word ideally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom