Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks that we might well still be able to sign Keita Balde?

Forgive my cynicism, but if I was a hack fraud respectable ITK who conveniently stated it was Balde after Darren Lewis wrote an article in the Mirror, I'd realise that I could hedge my bets pretty handily by stating it was off the next day "because things can change so quickly in football".

Adds an air of legitimacy if it doesn't happen, but if it does happen then the numerous spurs forums will be too busy wanking themselves into a frenzy to stop for a moment and think: but wait a minute, JJetset said this was off...

I agree and JJ etset gets away with it a lot. He said the Fulham left Sessegnon was close then days later he signs a contract with Fulham. JJ etset has this reputation over on Spurs community for not really posting that much. He posts in cryptics and hints etc but never actually gives names or goes into details. He probably has some sort of small connection but I think deep down he's a bit of a fraud and loves the attention:

No one knows who you are, and you will never be found out.

Name the signings or there is no point. It's easy to dispel Balde now he's gone to Juve. Why didn't you tell us that yesterday though?

Prove you know something. The protecting my source thing doesn't wash....you can't be caught
It's not about being caught. It's about keeping confidential negotiations confidential for the best interests of the club

Question: has any player signed on or around deadline day ever performed well for us in their debut season, in the Post-Rexknapp era?

No but squad cover you are saying we might be signing some 2nd rate type squad player. Poch is not saying that at all. He sounds like he wants players of quality who might eventually make the 1st 11. Listen to what he's saying mate.

Second rate? Where did I say that?

I said squad cover. Poch said he can't even garuntee they will play.

You think squad cover means "shit player".....I see Winks and Son as squad cover.
Quality squad cover.

If you think it means poor player, that's your take. Not mine

It's not about being caught. It's about keeping confidential negotiations confidential for the best interests of the club
The best interests of the club is to let the club reveal info when they want to.

It doesn't wash that you have anything to protect or be careful about. What's the point in coming here to say you have info that you can't tell

Ronaldo did most of that before Cristiano. Brazil won a World Cup on his back and got the final of the one before doing the same but at 22. Before a seizure was the only thing that could stop him winning the final.

He's also revered by both Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Cristiano is great, but he's not R9 great imo.
Brasil always had better squads than Portugal. Not even comparable.
And Cristiano Ronaldo Will go on history as the second best ever and with a much better career than Ronaldo fat.

The best interests of the club is to let the club reveal info when they want to.

It doesn't wash that you have anything to protect or be careful about. What's the point in coming here to say you have info that you can't tell

I actually know why he can't tell but sadly I'm not able to divulge that information at this time. Sorry. :dembelefingers:

Oh give it a rest mate. No one believes you are a genuine ITK so unless you prove it then don't bother.
I never claimed to be ITK. I don't even know what that means, I just know someone who is close to someone inside the board room, they occasionally provide me with info on transfers. That's not being an expert ITK, whatever that means

I actually know why he can't tell but sadly I'm not able to divulge that information at this time. Sorry. :dembelefingers:

Firstly I can never know if that's true, and secondly why would I care that someone knows something they can't tell me?

Poch has said we will sign some players.
That's what I know.....the rest from anyone else is irrelevant. There is nothing to tell, as you just admitted

Brasil always had better squads than Portugal. Not even comparable.
And Cristiano Ronaldo Will go on history as the second best ever and with a much better career than Ronaldo fat.
Absolutely comparable. Ronaldo lead a team in his prime to the 2nd biggest trophy in the World. R9 lead his team twice to the Final (once at 22), winning once, the biggest trophy in the World. If you're to dismiss this due the squad he played with we can also dismiss all the trophies and influence CR has won with Real and United as they were far better squads than R9 played with?

He's behind Messi, Maradona, Pele, Garrincha, Di Stefano, Cruyff, Zidane and Best for starters. Those are just the undeniable ones. He's on the rung below that lot with R9, Jairzinho, Van Basten etc.

There's no way he's better than Maradona or Garrincha.

giphy.gif

Firstly I can never know if that's true, and secondly why would I care that someone knows something they can't tell me?

Poch has said we will sign some players.
That's what I know.....the rest from anyone else is irrelevant. There is nothing to tell, as you just admitted

Mate, it was a joke. I don't know Walt or any information about our transfers (just like everyone else). I totally agree with you, people who claim to know something and refuse to say anything specific aren't worth the time of day.

He's clearly taking the piss out of us. Just coming on and signing up as a newbie to pretend to know knowledge of the club. If he actually come on with decent info that come to fruitation then I would respect that but until then we can count Walte as an attention seeker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom