Spurs vs Kyle Walker's Oil Riggers 29/07/17 23:00BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, i'm sure the 1000's that turned out, paid a lot of money and supported the team were delighted that we played as if it had no meaning.
There's no need to melt but what a losers mentality.

You keep saying or implying that the team didn't bother to make an effort or that they should have performed as if it was an important game.

Newsflash for you: It was a pre-season friendly. The performance on the day and the result are not of importance. It's a training game, a part of the preparation for a new season, and it was blatantly obvious from the game that our players had heavy feet, worn after hard training.

City seemed more fresh. That doesn't mean they are better than us, that they'll finish above us, or that their transfer window has been a lot better than ours. We can't tell yet, because the teams prepare for the season differently.

Any fan showing up for a preseason friendly should know they can't expect the players to perform at their peak-form ability. Complaining that they don't play well in such a game as if it's an insult to the fans is retarded.

Im sure none of us were watching in glee. However, had the result been a comfy 3-0 Spurs win you and others would have been at our fucking throats saying our inactive transfer policy had been vindicated. And dont embarrass yourself by claiming otherwise

Did you see me do that when we beat PSG 4-2? No? Guess I don't have to "embarass myself" by claiming otherwise then, as you have your evidence right there.

One thing to consider for the doom mongers.
In a squad the size and depth of City's, they all have to fight for a starting slot. In our team, the team probably has 8 or 9 players who are pencilled in on pretty much every team sheet, so why would they bust their balls in a meaningless friendly? I'd be gutted if one of our key players over extended themselves pre season and missed a chunk of games.
Keep some perspective
Ha. Nice one Mick..This is exactly the argument many of us have been putting forward to show we need some quality fucking signings. Players thrive on competition for places. Not the other way round. But who can we sign that's as good as what we have, they shout

Did you see me do that when we beat PSG 4-2? No? Guess I don't have to "embarass myself" by claiming otherwise then, as you have your evidence right there.
PSG is not a team who finished one place below us last season. And neither will they be competing in our league this season

You keep saying or implying that the team didn't bother to make an effort or that they should have performed as if it was an important game.

Newsflash for you: It was a pre-season friendly. The performance on the day and the result are not of importance. It's a training game, a part of the preparation for a new season, and it was blatantly obvious from the game that our players had heavy feet, worn after hard training.

City seemed more fresh. That doesn't mean they are better than us, that they'll finish above us, or that their transfer window has been a lot better than ours. We can't tell yet, because the teams prepare for the season differently.

Any fan showing up for a preseason friendly should know they can't expect the players to perform at their peak-form ability. Complaining that they don't play well in such a game as if it's an insult to the fans is retarded.

Not once have I said that the team didn't bother or make an effort, let alone "keep saying it"

What I have implied is that it's a game of football that people pay to watch and deserve value for money and it seems they didn't get that yesterday.
I haven't slated the team, but I have slated the mentality of people who say it doesn't matter as it's only a friendly.

As for the "retarded" comment. I think you need to educate yourself a bit more as the real meaning of that word is far from how you see it.

City recently beat RM 4-1. Does that mean RM are fucked as well then, if these friendlies are so meaningful? Or can it be that these friendlies will have some extreme outcomes because of the difference in fitness levels in pre-season?

Poch himself said that we were heavy because of hard training the day before the game, and it was very obvious to see in the mistakes that were made and the lack of mobility compared to when we are in form.

Not once have I said that the team didn't bother or make an effort, let alone "keep saying it"

What I have implied is that it's a game of football that people pay to watch and deserve value for money and it seems they didn't get that yesterday.
I haven't slated the team, but I have slated the mentality of people who say it doesn't matter as it's only a friendly.

So what you're saying is that it's up to the people on an internet forum to provide the value for money somehow. What you're saying makes no sense.

Ha. Nice one Mick..This is exactly the argument many of us have been putting forward to show we need some quality fucking signings. Players thrive on competition for places. Not the other way round. But who can we sign that's as good as what we have, they shout
So far up his own arse he can see the back of his teeth.
Like I said, you are so arrogant you think you know everything.
Everything but the obvious

City recently beat RM 4-1. Does that mean RM are fucked as well then, if these friendlies are so meaningful? Or can it be that these friendlies will have some extreme outcomes because of the difference in fitness levels in pre-season?

Poch himself said that we were heavy because of hard training the day before the game, and it was very obvious to see in the mistakes that were made and the lack of mobility compared to when we are in form.
To be honest mate I don't really care about the result. Shocking as the performance was. It's more Pochs after match comments that are the issue. Pretty much the opposite to what was being spouted out before the game by a variety of figures within the dressing room, and damn well confirming what a lot of us have been saying for weeks

PSG is not a team who finished one place below us last season. And neither will they be competing in our league this season

Thefuck? So you're saying that I would only claim that our no-transfer summer was a huge success if we happened to beat a team that finished below us in our league last season. So if we'd beat City I would definately claimed it, but not if we beat PSG, Barca, Bayern or Juventus. You make so much sense...

Perspective time - the last competitive games we played were 7-1 Hull, 6-1 Leicester and 2-1 United.

We'll be fine.

With all due respect, I hope we don't go into the new season looking at those results and thinking we'll be fine. All of our main rivals for the top 4 have strengthened whereas we've yet to add to the squad and lost Walker.

I'm not hitting the panic button but I've to say that I'm not filled with confidence if our aim is to reinforce and build on last season's excellent result.

To be honest mate I don't really care about the result. Shocking as the performance was. It's more Pochs after match comments that are the issue. Pretty much the opposite to what was being spouted out before the game by a variety of figures within the dressing room, and damn well confirming what a lot of us have been saying for weeks

I don't think anyone has (is it has or have after anyone?) been saying that it is no advantage to be able to spend £200m per season and pay £300k per week. What some of us are saying, and Poch realises as well, is that those numbers are unrealistic for us, that we are happy with how our club is run and that we can compete despite a lower budget. Our ability to compete was not disproved yesterday, as no conclusion can be drawn from such a friendly. Our players weren't sharp, we know they are usually better, theirs were sharp. And City's style is cryptonite to our collective Superteam, as seen in the away game last season.

With all due respect, I hope we don't go into the new season looking at those results and thinking we'll be fine. All of our main rivals for the top 4 have strengthened whereas we've yet to add to the squad and lost Walker.

I'm not hitting the panic button but I've to say that I'm not filled with confidence if our aim is to reinforce and build on last season's excellent result.

To be fair our main rivals needed to strengthen considering most of them were behind us when it comes to quality in the starting eleven.

Id say they were pretty much on level terms with us now. Considering we still have one or two players coming in, I wouldn't worry.

Honestly the fans were incredible and it grows exponentially every year, The club and the supporters clubs had arranged numerous events while unsurprisingly the vacouos Man City had nothing. This pairs nicely with their quiet clueless fans who couldn't tell you who Niall Quinn or Paul Dickov were, that's the difference between the fanbases here

Thanks for posting that mate
Pure class. Loud and Proud

Back
Top Bottom