Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was remotely true, we would by rights be mid table surely?

How can we we be progressing so much under a regime that has a 50% failure rate?
I just find it astonishing that after blowing the Bale money on so many big money signings and making no progression that people still argue the trick is just to go and spunk on expensive players aimlessly.

Where is the fucking logic in saying we will improve if we sign X number or type players? It's a gamble so therefore to say it will win us the title is pure and utter speculation. The whole fucking argument is premised on pure uncertainty.

Like I said Bill, l was no fan of Levy, but he got Poch's appointment right, and the ground is looking spectacular. He deserves credit for that. With all the shit that's going on he deserves a break. This ground is costing £800m, which club has embarked on anything so ambitious in PL history?

To tell you the truth, I don't care about the new ground really. A few years back it was "the new training ground", I didn't and don't care about that much either. We could train on Hackney Marsh and play in a crumbling 1970s WHL for all I care if by way of exchange we were winning leagues and cups and marching over Europe in the shape of Jimmy Greaves.

It seems that "doing" to you is running the club at a loss to satisfy entitled fans.

From where I'm sitting the club is doing more than most.
To say we don't dare to do is fucking offensive. Where are all the other clubs who have dared to build state of the art training grounds and stadiums at the same without getting into massive debt or relying on a billionaire sugar daddy? How many clubs have a training ground like us out of the likes of the scum, dippers, Chelscum, United and Shitty? None. Fucking none. How many have young players coming through due to that training ground and focus on academy training? None of them.

Apparently "to dare is to do" means "to spunk cash randomly and quickly on players". Fucking load of bollocks.

I don't argue on behalf of anyone, what a bizarre accusation. I have no idea whatsoever if they represent my views or not (nor do I really understand what that means), nor do I give a rat's gash.

Do you "argue on behalf of" people who agree with you? Do they represent you or you them? Why does it increasingly seem to be the case that anyone questioning anything is greeted with hysterical and abusive responses (I refer you to Joe's response above)? Why is it that those who question anything are repeatedly accused of being "less Tottenham" than those who have other views?

You are so entrenched that you don't see that even within that post, where you try to distance yourself from the grouping thing, you put people in groups.

There are two main consensus here.....when I argue against some posters you are very quick to step in and talk about why I say that "anyone who wants transfers..........etc".

If you aren't in the spectrum of people I am referring to, then why are you so keen to bring them up?

I would say that in this issue, there is a core group of posters who represent my views strongly.

But you go it alone as a lone wolf if you like, representing no one and no one speaking for you. Maybe open a thread called Bills Phone Booth Transfer Discussion Thread

To tell you the truth, I don't care about the new ground really.
Then, I'm sorry to say, you're a bit of a numpty. It is such an important piece of the puzzle. Even if Levy sells up he will sell up a club with a world class stadium and training ground and will only sell to someone who can take that and build on it. Don't you see that? "Don't care about the stadium"? Silly, silly remark.

A few years back it was "the new training ground", I didn't and don't care about that much either.
Flat out idiotic. So building on the system that gave us players like Kane isn't worth caring about? Making sure out players are fitter and have fewer injuries isn't worthwhile? Un-fucking-believable.

We could train on Hackney Marsh and play in a crumbling 1970s WHL for all I care if by way of exchange we were winning leagues and cups and marching over Europe in the shape of Jimmy Greaves.
Set out all the massive money signings Bill Nick made then.

To tell you the truth, I don't care about the new ground really. A few years back it was "the new training ground", I didn't and don't care about that much either. We could train on Hackney Marsh and play in a crumbling 1970s WHL for all I care if by way of exchange we were winning leagues and cups and marching over Europe in the shape of Jimmy Greaves.

Fair enough Bill, but whether you care about it or not it is irrelevant. It's being built and the £800m has to come from somewhere. I respect you old guys, but you've got to stop living in the past. If you refuse to, that's ok as well, but you are literally talking about 50 odd years ago.

We won 1 league and some cups - it must have been brilliant. Why are you so down on the people who are trying to bring that back?

Worst post of the thread and that's saying something.

Wants to spunk gazillions on massive players and expects them to train in a swamp and play in a shit hole.

Marching over Europe as the first Sunday League club to ever qualify. Nice one

Wants to spunk gazillions on massive players and expects them to train in a swamp and play in a shit hole.

Yehbut, as long as we pay em £250k a week then they should do their job and step up out of the mud. Right? RIGHT? None of this wanting to fuck off to Chelsea or Madrid cobblers.

DSCF48471-1024x768.jpg

Spurs x Citeh, circa 2019

I never realised that all the moaning wankers that surround me were on here. I'm like fucking Pacman running around the ground.
Sadly the moaners are a much bigger contingent than you think. Even worse, they're unfortunately more predominant among middle aged fans. As I'm about to hit forty I really worry that I'm going to be viewed as one by the youngsters.

Yehbut, as long as we pay em £250k a week then they should do their job and step up out of the mud. Right? RIGHT? None of this wanting to fuck off to Chelsea or Madrid cobblers.

It's what a BIG club would do. A bunch of questionable mercenaries staring at their £1000 boots when they're 2-0 down at halftime to Huddersfield away, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom