Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAC_FearLoathing.jpg
Ha ha. That's right. Last year we got as far as Birmingham before I realised I'd forgotten my gear. Naturally I went back - just the odd 200 miles wasted. It's cool, we set off at midnight with the roof down - I kid myself I'm in a film.

As David Sylvian sang 'we're travelling by moonlight, from London to the Highlands'. First track past Oxford. She thinks I'm 15, but l don't care - women can be so frighteningly sensible don't you think?

Or we could turn this on its head...

I've got a game;

You are a fawning helmet who thinks everything that Levy does is simply super.

Go to 1.

1. If we underachieve with no signings, fall on your sword and never post here again

You see how this works?

If we carry all before us next season with no incoming, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong (I love admitting I was wrong about Spurs when I've been pessimistic, who wouldn't?). Will you and others do the same if things don't pan out as swimmingly as you think?

Sammy hated Levy 3 years ago, as did I. Maybe we can admit to being wrong? What's your excuse?

And you of all people. You were whining and melting 2 years ago and predicted that we would end up at 8-10th place because "Levy didn't back our managers with transfers".

Yes and then I had a long hard look at myself, realised I was a cunt, took a couple years off from posting here and fell back in love with Spurs.

What did you do? "Oh Case this is too much for me can you delete my account please it's took negative in here now"

Then created yourself a multi. You go girl!

Yes and then I had a long hard look at myself, realised I was a cunt, took a couple years off from posting here and fell back in love with Spurs.

What did you do? "Oh Case this is too much for me can you delete my account please it's took negative in here now"

Then created yourself a multi. You go girl!

Glad to see you got rid of the cunt in you :dembelelol:

I've got a game;

Go to 1.

1. If we underachieve with no signings, fall on your sword and never post here again

You see how this works?

If we carry all before us next season with no incoming, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong (I love admitting I was wrong about Spurs when I've been pessimistic, who wouldn't? Especially under these circumstances). Will you and others do the same if things don't pan out as swimmingly as you think?

I'll happily take you up on your game, this place will be full of told you so's hysterically spunking over our failure.

Why would I want to post here?

You may well be happy to admit you was wrong, good for you. You have a habit of arguing in behalf of a group of people you claim don't represent your views.
Not sure why you keep doing that?

I'm happy to back the policy, and see what happens. If we fail you still have zero proof that signing Lemar and Kovacic would have changed anything though.

I've got a game;

Go to 1.

You see how this works?

If we carry all before us next season with no incoming, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong (I love admitting I was wrong about Spurs when I've been pessimistic, who wouldn't? Especially under these circumstances). Will you and others do the same if things don't pan out as swimmingly as you think?

How fucking noble of you. Whine like a cunt in the present, and then graciously admit you were wrong in the future? What's so difficult about that? Who gives a fuck what you admit to in the future? We need the fucking support now - and cunts like you aren't prepared to give it. Fuck you Madrid Bill and the donkey you rode in on.

Well I'm man enough to use my original account and stand for who I really am

???

Nice change of topic. I've said I'm Danoir all the time. I deleted the account and created this when I wanted to respond to something in a hurry months later. Big fucking deal.

Now I'll leave you to the actual topic: Calling everyone who wants a transfer a cunt in the transfer thread. Have a good one, new and "improved" Sammy.

Sammy hated Levy 3 years ago, as did I. Maybe we can admit to being wrong? What's your excuse?
I don't hate Levy, never have. I do have certain criticisms, principally...

1) Stratford. Happy to leave this really, but there it is.
2) This one one goes back years, to the Jol era probably. There have now been a number of times where we have metaphorically had our foot on a rival's throat (these have varied over the years) and failed to go in for the kill. We now have our foot on a number of rivals' throats and are similarly failing.
In short, we dont dare to do.

I don't doubt that Levy is a fine businessman but I do think that (a) a more ruthless streak would have seen us punish our rivals more and (b) his negotiating strategy has worked against us as often as it has made us/saved us money

Everyone who wants a transfer is a cunt. That's my stance, and I will not be moved from it. And I refer you all to my previous answers if there is any doubt. It's perfectly obvious to anyone with an IQ of over 90 that the next signing we make will tip the club into irreversible decline. Get with austerity whist it's a thing chaps - or don't. None of your bleating will make a blind bit of difference. We're going with youth and coaching - get on or fuck off.

???

Nice change of topic. I've said I'm Danoir all the time. I deleted the account and created this when I wanted to respond to something in a hurry months later. Big fucking deal.

Now I'll leave you to the actual topic: Calling everyone who wants a transfer a cunt in the transfer thread. Have a good one, new and "improved" Sammy.

What a tragic event...reinventing yourself online. What do you do in real life when it gets too much?
Whack on a mustache and some glasses before you go down the pub?

LOL.....I had no idea who you was, just an obvious weirdo multi vibe you were giving off......sad

Oh and show me where I called someone a cunt.

How can you take yourself seriously? I can't get over that

:harrylol:

How fucking noble of you. Whine like a cunt in the present, and then graciously admit you were wrong in the future? What's so difficult about that? Who gives a fuck what you admit to in the future? We need the fucking support now - and cunts like you aren't prepared to give it. Fuck you Madrid Bill and the donkey you rode in on.
Had a shandy have we?

I don't hat Levy. I have certain criticisms, principally...

2) This one one goes back years, to the Jol era probably. There have now been a number of times where we have metaphorically had our foot on a rival's throat (these have varied over the years) and failed to go in for the kill. We now have our foot on a number of rivals' throats and are similarly failing.

I don't doubt that Levy is a fine businessman but I do think that (a) a more ruthless streak would have seen us punish our rivals more and (b) his negotiating strategy has worked against us as often as it has made us/saved us money
The problem with fans like you is summarised in one word: impatience.

Yes, Levy is a tight arse. Yes, Levy has probably bungled a few transfers through his negotiation tactics. Yes he has sometimes made bad decisions when it comes to managers. But the intent has always been clear. To not run the club at a debt and to slowly improve the side to the extent that we stand a chance of competing at the top. The fact is that we have improved quicker than we should. I suspect that Levy did not envisage us competing for the title before the new stadium was built. But we have. In the years Levy has been chairman we changed from being a side that had just avoided regulation to having now finished in the top four on four occasions, constantly competing in Europe, mounting back to back title challenges, building the league's best training ground and building what will be the best stadium in the league - all while massively increasing our global profile. Whenever we have taken one step back in the short term we have taken two steps forward in the long term. Levy is not perfect and has made mistakes, but Jesus Christ, look at the bigger picture. What he has done for us to date is more positive than it is negative and fans should be fucking grateful for it. Instead it's whining because we don't sign players quick enough...and Stratford, really? :rolleyes:

I don't hate Levy, never have. I do have certain criticisms, principally...

Like I said Bill, l was no fan of Levy, but he got Poch's appointment right, and the ground is looking spectacular. He deserves credit for that. With all the shit that's going on he deserves a break. This ground is costing £800m, which club has embarked on anything so ambitious in PL history?

If that was remotely true, we would by rights be mid table surely?

How can we be progressing so much under a regime that has a 50% failure rate?

You have a habit of arguing in behalf of a group of people you claim don't represent your views.

I don't argue on behalf of anyone, what a bizarre accusation. I have no idea whatsoever if they represent my views or not (nor do I really understand what that means), nor do I give a rat's gash.

Do you "argue on behalf of" people who agree with you? Do they represent you or you them? Why does it increasingly seem to be the case that anyone questioning anything is greeted with hysterical and abusive responses (I refer you to Joe's response above)? Why is it that those who question anything are repeatedly accused of being "less Tottenham" than those who have other views?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom