Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20170716-WA0003.jpg
Haahahahaha

If he is going to do that then he has no imagination or guts to try something new and improve his game. He can join the other sycophants who will be bowing down before Rooney thinking he is the next Savior and it will not be too long before he shows them he is not!

Maybe not, depends what's been said. He's a boyhood fan and might have been convinced to stay another season now they've brought in Rooney. Who knows.

Maybe not, depends what's been said. He's a boyhood fan and might have been convinced to stay another season now they've brought in Rooney. Who knows.
Yes and he's hardly a massive fish in a tiny pond at Everton. He'd likely be on our bench a lot barring injuries, and same goes for the monied clubs. Otherwisr it's down the league- or overseas and we all know how little that happens. It's the right choice for Barkley.

379c2a0e-8993-4dd0-b1df-b68cf08eec97.png

New Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde says he does not care about adding to his squad as the best signings are already at the club.

"I'm more than happy with the way things stand," said Valverde ahead of the club's pre-season trip to the United States on Wednesday.

"Happy with the players, happy with their work and their attitude. I really don't care about any player anywhere else."

So much lies on us NOT selling Dier unless Pochettino is happy to sanction such a sale.

Even then I would see it as a move which sent out all the negative signals. FFS, even Leicester kept all but Kante the season before last.

As a Spurs fan it is just galling that after a season like last, when we banished much if not all of the squeaky bum comments on the field that this summer has so far been more about who we try and keep as opposed to who we buy to make that final jump.

The club has so much going for it and a huge stadium just round the corner but here we are no further forward.

Do we never ever learn? I have said that I see the selling of Walker as something we could absorb. Any letting Dier go just opens the floodgates and paints a really poor picture of a club with ambition.

It is about time we sent out our little statement of intent.

Last edited:
You can never tell, but I don't think there's any way we will sell Dier. He has proved to be one of the most versatile and depended on players in the squad, there are no signs that he's out of favor with Poch, and if we got 50MM for Walker than they will need to pony up more than that for Dier (at least I think).

New Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde says he does not care about adding to his squad as the best signings are already at the club.

"I'm more than happy with the way things stand," said Valverde ahead of the club's pre-season trip to the United States on Wednesday.

"Happy with the players, happy with their work and their attitude. I really don't care about any player anywhere else."
It's a joke you humourless baloon

Barcelona are so small time.

So much lies on us NOT selling Dier unless Pochettino is happy to sanction such a sale.

Even then I would see it as a move which sent out all the negative signals. FFS, even Leicester kept all but Kante the season before last.

As a Spurs fan it is just galling that after a season like last, when we banished much if not all of the squeaky bum comments on the field that this summer has so far been more about who we try and keep as opposed to who we buy to make that final jump.

The club has so much going for it and a huge stadium just round the corner but here we are no further forward.

Do we never ever learn? I have said that I see the selling of Walker as something we could absorb. Any letting Dier go just opens the floodgates and paints a really poor picture of a club with ambition.

It is about time we sent out our little statement of intent.

I don't think that Poch/Levy have even the slightest intention of selling Dier. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom