Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away and cannot believe how many pages of arguments. Cannot agree with the 'we do not need anyone, who can better our first 11etc brigade'. On the other hand not overly worried yet but Levy has said the transfer budget is not affected by the stadium build. I do believe Poch wants to improve the squad and we need more players that Poch trusts to play. We play 2 matches a week + International matches and need a stronger squad. Last season our record in the Premiership was good but CL suffered because of it. We had injuries which the squad could not adequately cover. Will Lamela ever be the same player? After a long lay off there is always a doubt.
I understand the money restraints but we need to replace Walker and IF Poch does not trust Wimmer, GKN and Janssen to start CL or Premiership matches then we need someone he does trust.

I am part of the Barkley optimist group, however I have friends in the north west who have said enough to convince me that he's not leaving the area.
giphy.gif

Also, I want to be an optimist and if we sign him I'll switch in to full optimism mode like I did with Sissoko, but I have a bad, bad feeling about Barkley.

I wouldn't put too much faith in it - it's not any of that ITK stuff. More so that civvies get involved indirectly when people plan to move across the country, and it's been suggested to me that things have been cancelled/put on hold.

May well mean nothing, but it just doesn't sound very "positive" for anyone who was looking forward to the idea.

Could well be that he wants to go, but is reluctantly admitting defeat in being sold for less than £50m. All a bit odd.

Also, I want to be an optimist and if we sign him I'll switch in to full optimism mode like I did with Sissoko, but I have a bad, bad feeling about Barkley.

He's a lot lot more talented than Sissoko, I have watched him play Woolwich and City midfields off the pitch in games before, I have also seen him be ineffective.

Barkley is far more in the Danny Rose pre-Poch needs a bit of fine tuning category than Sissoko, last season he was 5th in chances created in the Prem I believe, our Eriksen was first. He can also play central, behind the striker and wide so would be a excellent sub.

Sissoko is basically a Pogba without the goals, so his passing and positioning is awful but he is quick and strong, that's useless for us.

For everyone dying for real news...

Who: JJetset
When: 16th July
Where: Twitter

Italy is nice this time of year

I shit you not... this is it.

Got it, Kane's dad went to Italy and meet a
Guy who owns a dog as he is a good old friend, that dog used to belong to a guy in Spain who bought it off some other guy, this guy owns a boat, this boat is owned by an old man who let Gareth Bale use it once.

Bale is coming back!!!!

Money in our pocket but we just can't buy no one
We are praying for a player to call our own
Soon said he was coming but I don't believe a word they say
Cause they run away and play for a team with more pay
The player Poch has in mind is very very hard to find
Ain't that a shame

No way do I want Dier sold no matter what the price, united can fuck off, even if Dier wants out (which I'm sure is just bollox) he has a contract, let's enforce it!
If he ain't happy and tried to force a move, make him rot in the reserves....... see how that works for his England career!
Why don't the press try and unsettle some of the other clubs as well instead of linking all our players else where?
:dembelefingers:

Money in our pocket but we just can't buy no one
We are praying for a player to call our own
Soon said he was coming but I don't believe a word they say
Cause they run away and play for a team with more pay
The player Poch has in mind is very very hard to find
Ain't that a shame

Is that a rap? :chadliwtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom