Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly bonkers and probably bullshit.
If, while we are operating in lala land, they pushed it up to 65 I would be tempted to say take it.

He's a 7/10 centre back and we could get William Carvalho for much less than that to do a similar job in centre mid and still have about 45 million to spend on an 8 or 9/10 type rapid centre back
But then you're relying on Levy to get players in... and we all know how well that's going so far... :levylol:

We all want players that improve the squad and team, some say marquee signings, some melt at rant at those who say this.

We all know about City spending 55m on KDB, about Utd spunking 160m+ on Pogs and Lukaku and so on and so on.
The last 3 champions have been Chelsea X2 and Leicester. The most either have spent on one player (recently before people mention Torres) is 40m and that's the most recent player in Bakayoko. That's not too far away from our record signing that it's an impossible figure for us to pay for someone worthy.

What positions could we improve on our first choice players for less than 50m? Probably Dier if he's the 3rd CB in a back 3 and Trippier. For CM, AM and ST it is not all that likely. Those that are better than Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Lloris they'd be in clubs far more attractive than us, the true heavyweights of Europe.

I'll be happy if all we do is improve the depth of the team from the likes of Chavvy GKN, Sissoko, Janssen, Wimmer, Onomah (I'd loan him). Don't care if we find that for 20m total or if it takes 100m. All that matters is that Hitchen/Poch find the right men for the task.

60m for Dier is fucking nuts.

I can see replacements for Walker, but Dier is so flexible that I don't know if we can get a replacement that can do everything he does for this team.

If Poch wants to keep him though then Levy isn't going to sell him. If Dier wants out though...but I haven't hear anything credible on this link.

Almost certainly trash, but if that Dier story is true then we need to steer well clear of selling him.

Possible future captain, versatile player who can slot into at least three positions - and I'd rather that we didn't have a former player sat in Manchester as an extra channel through which Woodward and co. can tap up our best talent.

It's not all about the stats and the money. Dier is a person that ties the club together. Do you think a heartbroken Dele will perform at the same level and stay more than a season? And united vs spurs will be about two grown men doing their best to hold their tears back while they exchange shirts at half time.

Any strong links today?

Poch is a little tied up at the moment, but can he get back to you?

money.jpeg

Looks like Barkley is going to sign a contract extension now
If he is going to do that then he has no imagination or guts to try something new and improve his game. He can join the other sycophants who will be bowing down before Rooney thinking he is the next Savior and it will not be too long before he shows them he is not!

We shouldn't be entertaining selling Dier at whatever price is being bandied around.
He's such a versatile player, & it's like the house of cards cliche. Who next? His mate Dele when Real wade in with a world record bid?
Tell them to fuck off. Not for sale.

:dembelefingers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom