Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Craziness!
I thought 18k would be snapped up. Wish I had got my boy his now and rented out his seat for a few seasons.
Just logged in to see if his window from 3k was still open. It is not.
I don't agree with 'renting out' seats. It seems greedy. Anyway the ST waiting list has been made to look rather foolish. Perhaps people are getting fed up of fans renting. I know I am.

How do we manage to get our more vocal supporters in the new south stand if this sort of caper is going on all over the new place?

I don't agree with 'renting out' seats. It seems greedy. Anyway the ST waiting list has been made to look rather foolish. Perhaps people are getting fed up of fans renting. I know I am.

How do we manage to get our more vocal supporters in the new south stand if this sort of caper is going on all over the new place?
I know. And I didn’t.
Would’ve been a waste. He’s only 3. Happy that by the time he’s around 13 and decided that he wants to come to football he’ll be at the front of the queue again.
He’ll be 12000 when the hoohah dies down. That’s about where I started. So happy to wait and let someone else have 10 years of seats.

I would hope it would be pretty fucking obvious what the single tier south stand is there for. I don't think anyone has any excuse for getting a ST there and then moaning about people standing, or not singing themselves. The club have gone out of their way to make sure there is a dedicated area for just those fans, and anyone who isn't part of the party can fuck right off.

I know. And I didn’t.
Would’ve been a waste. He’s only 3. Happy that by the time he’s around 13 and decided that he wants to come to football he’ll be at the front of the queue again.
He’ll be 12000 when the hoohah dies down. That’s about where I started. So happy to wait and let someone else have 10 years of seats.

Only 3! Lol. Sorry if l sounded a bit harsh. We need new blood that's for sure, but mums and dads with little kids should be in the family stand. I'd imagine the new Park Lane might be a bit scary for a young child. (Not suggesting that was your intention of course).

I thought our noisy section at Wembley last year was a bit of a joke for our last game there.
I got seats above it as was with my boy and nephew. (Club Wembley = alcoholic drink)
Seems atmospheric these days means standing up with your arms crossed. Not really much sustained noise. That stadium just has awful acoustics for football fans.

So I'm hoping that somehow we create an atmosphere worth talking about this season.

I'm also surprised that people think tickets will get cheaper next year. Anyone who thinks we will be considerably cheaper than the franchise club down the road has got another thing coming. People in America are buying tickets they won't even use..... supply and demand and all that.

38k ST holders means some tickets will be like gold dust for the big games. The new Lane and Barca in the CL.......imagine that......
If you have an ST this year would you give it up next summer if prices went up by 5%??

I thought our noisy section at Wembley last year was a bit of a joke for our last game there.
I got seats above it as was with my boy and nephew. (Club Wembley = alcoholic drink)
Seems atmospheric these days means standing up with your arms crossed. Not really much sustained noise. That stadium just has awful acoustics for football fans.

So I'm hoping that somehow we create an atmosphere worth talking about this season.

I'm also surprised that people think tickets will get cheaper next year. Anyone who thinks we will be considerably cheaper than the franchise club down the road has got another thing coming. People in America are buying tickets they won't even use..... supply and demand and all that.

38k ST holders means some tickets will be like gold dust for the big games. The new Lane and Barca in the CL.......imagine that......
If you have an ST this year would you give it up next summer if prices went up by 5%??

There's no way tickets will be cheaper next year, maybe the same. What they should have done was make ST's and match tickets much cheaper this year, and build on the crowds we saw for the CL and EL on the understanding that ticket prices would revert to what we're seeing now. That opportunity is now gone. The new south stand needs to have extremely competitive prices, otherwise it will be the wall of bland.

Only 3! Lol. Sorry if l sounded a bit harsh. We need new blood that's for sure, but mums and dads with little kids should be in the family stand. I'd imagine the new Park Lane might be a bit scary for a young child. (Not suggesting that was your intention of course).
No probs. Just banter.
I’d happily take him into the south stand but my wife has other ideas. She’s been with me and had been in there too so can’t really persuade her any different.
We did east stand upper this year just to get him in. He’ll understand how important hat was when the time comes.

There's no way tickets will be cheaper next year, maybe the same. What they should have done was make ST's and match tickets much cheaper this year, and build on the crowds we saw for the CL and EL on the understanding that ticket prices would revert to what we're seeing now. That opportunity is now gone. The new south stand needs to have extremely competitive prices, otherwise it will be the wall of bland.
Bang on

I also think they should have a lower price rate for 16 to 25 years olds in the wall. We need more young fans in the games. I'm 32 and I often felt like one of the youngest at WHL.

I know. And I didn’t.

Exactly my thinking this morning, no point in paying for a seat for 6-8 years for my boy, was just wondering if the club sold it as an adult ticket effectively giving my mates a chance to sit next to me now and again, and leaving him on the list will be fine

Looking like a bit of a balls up re ticket prices.

They should have reeled us in with cheaper tickets at wembley & then it'd be pretty hard not to renew at the thought of a shiney new stadium the following season.

Looking like a bit of a balls up re ticket prices.

They should have reeled us in with cheaper tickets at wembley & then it'd be pretty hard not to renew at the thought of a shiney new stadium the following season.

Yeah, the club Wembley section looks like bit of a disaster.

The thing is you're being charged a premium but don't get any actual benefits.

Unless your on the halfway line the view is average/crap and there's no atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom