Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monaco have completed the signing of 18-year-old Barcelona winger Jordi Mboula on a five-year deal. The fifth? signing so far this summer. More of a chance to sell more of their current players.
They seem to be signing players in positions in which players are leaving.

They've signed a right back, winger 2 midfielders.. with Silva having already left, and Sidibe, Lemar and Bakayoko all linked to leaving.

Never said you could compare players like a computer game. You can look at what players have done though, and judge how effective they were. And then consider if you think that would change if they move elsewhere, or if it's something useful.

But there's no way that can be predicted, least of all on flawed data comparisons.

Glyfi plays for a team that are so reliant on him, he's got practically a free role in a direct passing team. Barkley plays for a Koeman team that just would not flatter gylfi in the slightest.

You could find stats that make Barkley look better than Glyfi, but it's not in an Everton fans interest to do so.

A lot of Everton pages on Twitter saying Barkley has already agreed a contract with us. They won't announce the deal until they've signed some of the targets they want. We won't announce a deal until the Nike contract is announced.

He will add a bit more depth to the squad, and is a good player to bring in when Eriksen or Alli are unavailable, especially with Alli being suspended for the first 3 CL games.

It might not be true, but if it's for a good price then I'm all for it. If Poch gets all preseason with him then it can only be good.
I've heard the opposite.
I know a friend of his dad,I know,I know.....:pocheyes:
He told me yesterday that Barkleys agent had been down to see us and demanded 130k a week to which he was politely told to fuck off.
Went back to Everton and requested 120k a week to stay and they agreed.

A lot of Everton pages on Twitter saying Barkley has already agreed a contract with us. They won't announce the deal until they've signed some of the targets they want. We won't announce a deal until the Nike contract is announced.

He will add a bit more depth to the squad, and is a good player to bring in when Eriksen or Alli are unavailable, especially with Alli being suspended for the first 3 CL games.

It might not be true, but if it's for a good price then I'm all for it. If Poch gets all preseason with him then it can only be good.

Not unusual at all for a player to agree a contract before the fee is agreed - Everton need to sell, I think Levy will keep this running a while longer.

Barkley will be going down the 'adding to the squad' route that we do nearly every season. City, Liverpool, United and Chelski are actively targetting players to improve their first X1 so it would be dissapointing if this is what we are planning on doing.
1 or 2 real quality players to improve the first X1 is what we need.

Barkley will be going down the 'adding to the squad' route that we do nearly every season. City, Liverpool, United and Chelski are actively targetting players to improve their first X1 so it would be dissapointing if this is what we are planning on doing.

Interested to know where and what player can be improved on in the strongest eleven.

We've got the strongest eleven in the Premier League.

I think adding to the squad is exactly what we need to do, we have a strong 12/13 starters - if u can push that figure closer to 16 plus youth prospects I would be happy

Interested to know where and what player can be improved on in the strongest eleven.

We've got the strongest eleven in the Premier League.
Dembele is probably my favourite player but if we get a fast paced attacking player (similar to mane) Poch could easily play a variation of the 3 at the back but slightly tweaked..

--------------------------Lloris----------------------------
-------Dier-------Alderweireld--Vertonghen----
Walker-------------Wanyama---------------Rose--
---------------Eriksen--------------New--------------
-------------------------Alli--------------------------------
--------------------------------Kane------------------

Of course Mousa would probably start the games against harder opposition (especially away) being that he is so good. Either way we need to target players that can definitely challenge for a starting spot (Barkley is not on that level).

Dembele is probably my favourite player but if we get a fast paced attacking player (similar to mane) Poch could easily play a variation of the 3 at the back but slightly tweaked..

---------------Eriksen--------------New--------------

Of course Mousa would probably start the games against harder opposition (especially away) being that he is so good. Either way we need to target players that can definitely challenge for a starting spot (Barkley is not on that level).

Do you not think Winks is good enough to start there?

With the exception of Chelsea, all of those teams have serious weak-points that require improvement to their first 11.

Our weakest area is squad cover and depth, not issues with our first 11.

in fact...

---------------Eriksen----------Onomah-------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom