Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, I understand that, but the £30m was only payable to Newcastle in full if he stayed for the duration of his contract.
Hahaha, so in effect we're renting him, but get to keep all the proceeds from the sale of their asset? This when at least one other club was also prepared to pay £30 million?

Mike Ashley may be a classless spiv but he isn't that stupid

Hahaha, so in effect we're renting him, but get to keep all the proceeds from the sale of their asset? This when at least one other club was also prepared to pay £30 million?

The suggestion is (nobody really knows) is that the fee would be renegotiated if he leaves before his contract expires. This is Levy we're talking about.

Have you ever heard of a sale being made that way before, not just in football, but in any kind of business? It's insane, what possible leverage would Ashley or whoever have in the negotiation?

Ashley: I see you have just sold Sissoko for 20 million. You've paid your first installment so that's 24 million you owe me.

Levy. No, I'm not going to pay that. I'll give you 8 million and loan you an N' player we might have lying around

Ashley: But... but... but...

Isn't it a thousand times more likely that this is a standard practice £30 million payable in 5 installments, outstanding balance on sale, as happens hundreds of times every season?

It seems to me that people made this fantasy up (despite there being no evidence to back up the claim) because they couldn't face the fact that we'd been sold a lemon at a vastly inflated price at needed to spin it so Levy came out looking quite the Clever Trevor

Have you ever heard of a sale being made that way before, not just in football, but in any kind of business? It's insane, what possible leverage would Ashley or whoever have in the negotiation?

Ashley: I see you have just sold Sissoko for 20 million. You've paid your first installment so that's 24 million you owe me.

Levy. No, I'm not going to pay that. I'll give you 8 million and loan you an N' player we might have lying around

Ashley: But... but... but...

Isn't it a thousand times more likely that this is a standard practice £30 million payable in 5 installments, outstanding balance on sale, as happens hundreds of times every season?

It seems to me that people made this fantasy up (despite there being no evidence to back up the claim) because they couldn't face the fact that we'd been sold a lemon at a vastly inflated price at needed to spin it so Levy came out looking quite the Clever Trevor

Maybe so Bill, I'm not arguing, but I remember reading about the caveat that it only applied if he stayed the 5 years - it might well be nonsense, and I agree it would be an enormous disadvantage to Newcastle.

Knowing Mike Ashley/Sports Direct, the price quoted is never what you actually pay. Sometimes you look at the tags and think "Yeah, right....".

I bet Poch spent hours taking the reduced tags off, and trying to find a home for the huge fucking cup that he got when he forgot to untick the box at checkout

moosa.jpg

Knowing Levy, it feels to me like it's more likely we paid less, but made sure it was reported as £30m so he wouldn't get stick for not spending money.

I reckon we'll take a £10-15 million hit on Sissoko, pretty shocking after a year on what was our joint highest signing.

We really, really need to look hard at our recruitmenent policy, we sign far too many turkeys. United, City, Chelsea can all afford to do that, we cant.

I'd say it was easily the weakest area of the whole club at the minute

I agree, I mean there is risk in every signing but who didn't see this coming? Who thought he was worth half his fee?

He scores when he wants

That's what he's good at - his pace is under appreciated in the squad, but we don't play in a way that would ever really require him to do that. Technique isn't there for him to be near taking Alli's position

That's what he's good at - his pace is under appreciated in the squad, but we don't play in a way that would ever really require him to do that. Technique isn't there for him to be near taking Alli's position

Yeah, him running through the middle was always his strong point for us. Most of his assists for us came from a central position, I remember Swansea and Burnley specifically. It's a shame he was never given a real chance there, but with Dembele, Wanyama, Dier and even Winks in the way, it was rarely going to happen.

Yeah, him running through the middle was always his strong point for us. Most of his assists for us came from a central position, I remember Swansea and Burnley specifically. It's a shame he was never given a real chance there, but with Dembele, Wanyama, Dier and even Winks in the way, it was rarely going to happen.

Same against Leicester, he really came alive when he got confidence to run forwards.

We'll sell him and he'll probably be shit hot, but that's just the way it is sometimes.

Never seen him get into that position centrally in front of goal for us. However will have put his price up as it could be viewed the problem was ours and not Sissoko. When it is stated the full 30m is not paid if he does not stay the full 5 years, perhaps it only gets to 30m if he makes so many appearances etc. Do not know only speculating. However if we sell and end up having to pay Newcastle what is owed it does not give us any funds to buy a replacement although saving on wages.

Never seen him get into that position centrally in front of goal for us. However will have put his price up as it could be viewed the problem was ours and not Sissoko. When it is stated the full 30m is not paid if he does not stay the full 5 years, perhaps it only gets to 30m if he makes so many appearances etc. Do not know only speculating. However if we sell and end up having to pay Newcastle what is owed it does not give us any funds to buy a replacement although saving on wages.

We will still have to pay the £30,000,000. I believe there is only £18,000,000 left to pay now, I imagine when we sell him, we'll just give that money to Newcastle and be done with it and take the loss.

I reckon we'll take a £10-15 million hit on Sissoko, pretty shocking after a year on what was our joint highest signing.

We really, really need to look hard at our recruitmenent policy, we sign far too many turkeys. United, City, Chelsea can all afford to do that, we cant.

I'd say it was easily the weakest area of the whole club at the minute
Apart from these buys:
Vorm
Lloris
Walker
Rose
Davies
Trippier
Alderwierld
Vertonghen
Dier
Wanyama
Dele
Dembele
Erikssen
Son
Lamela

What has the transfer department ever done for us?

LOTS of teams sign a high proportion of turkeys - you just don't notice them when it's not your club.

If you didn't support or follow spurs, you wouldn't know N'jie even existed

We will still have to pay the £30,000,000. I believe there is only £18,000,000 left to pay now, I imagine when we sell him, we'll just give that money to Newcastle and be done with it and take the loss.
Joe Clash said he thought if Sissoko did not stay the full 5 years the full £30m is not payable. I seem to recall reading something similar at the time. I am just suggesting that maybe the £30m includes clauses like number of appearances which would not be met if he goes now. I am sure we will still owe a hefty sum but it may not be the full £30m.

Joe Clash said he thought if Sissoko did not stay the full 5 years the full £30m is not payable. I seem to recall reading something similar at the time. I am just suggesting that maybe the £30m includes clauses like number of appearances which would not be met if he goes now. I am sure we will still owe a hefty sum but it may not be the full £30m.

I thought it was a Spurs fan page who made that up? I always just assumed it was obvious Sissoko wouldn't stay 5 years and Newcastle probably wouldn't have agreed to something as stupid.

Back
Top Bottom