Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of the team are happy, at a club who are challenging for titles, progressing under one of the best managers in the world, working with mates in a good environment for decent money.

The only players who may look to move on, in my view, are Lloris, but I think he has an especially good relationship with Poch and being a goalkeeper can give it another two years to see if things progress as he hopes; Toby, because he is good enough to play for any club he wants and is 28 now; and Dele, because he is so exceptional and yet still has huge potential growth, so a big club could totally smash the world record for him and turn his head.

I don't see any of our other players being tempted at all. Not this summer. I don't think the above will go this summer either, but it would be plausible at least. If any of our top players left it would be for stupid money, absolutely crazy figures we'd be talking.

I think fans of other clubs remember the old Tottenham that was reliant on one star player and when that player went we where fucked. They think we sell Walker or Rose even for stupid money and we will crumble, but we are a team and our players are cogs in the wheel who are not irreplaceable.

Kane got injured yet we continued to do well, that would not have happened during AVB and Bale. With Poch any player who doesn't want to be here goes and we replace them, it's about the team, the team spirit and careful development.

We are not one show ponys anymore, other teams can sell our players, but we will buy or develope new ones and become even stronger. I would prefer to keep Walker and our players but no player can hold us ransom anyone.

I was concerned when Danny Rose got injured at Sunderland, a serious miss and that Davies would really struggle. We seem to have coped really well since, same with Trippier coming in for Walker. The players seemed to be well drilled and know what their role is. If Walker and Rose are sold, I'm sure Pochettino can coach some replacements who'll no doubt become the best in those positions. He did it at Southampton before and he's already done it once for us.

Apart from our wage structure, we now have key ingredients to what players demand when looking at a club, title challenging, CL football, one of the best coaches in the world, state of the art training facility, soon to be state of the art new stadium. We are a highly attractive proposition. We'll also get more share of TV money so can afford salary increases.

How long do you think Fraudiola will take to destroy them ? face it you support a cheque book team nobody really gives a fuck about even your derby feels synthetic, at least the Chavs horrible as they are create some feeling in people as in everyone loves to hate them Man City are very bland.

Completely agree with you; I've been telling City fans for 4 years, and that's why I don't consider myself affiliated with the club anymore. It's evolved into the embodiment of all things wrong with modern football, something I despise.

Spurs are a crusade against modern football, and I fucking love you lot for it.

Regarding Pep, I knew he'd fail. He's Roberto Martinez with better resources, and I feel smugly vindicated the way the season has played out, having been ridiculed by City fans who assumed Pep = success, based on inheriting teams who's success transcends coaches.

Walker will level out without Pocchettino's mastery; he's a good player who's perceived excellence is a product of a superb system. He's the only Spurs player heading to City this summer. Ross Barkley to City is practically done too.

I think our number one priority should be a good quality offensive player (either striker or CAM), who can replace Kane, Alli and Eriksen, when they need some rest.

All players underneath could fit this description:
- Gylfi Siggurdsson (Swansea)
- Isco (Real Madrid)
- Mahrez (Leicester)
- Kasper Dolberg (Ajax Amsterdam)
- Zaha (Crystal Palace)
- Lukaku (Everton)
- Mbappe (Monaco)
- Ganso (Sevilla)

However, we should consider buying at least two of these players if the rumors about Eriksen and Barcelona turn out to be serious or if we receive an enormous bid on Harry Kane or Alli.

It is going to be an exciting summer!!

We should go balls deep for Gareth Bale. Bring him home.
After all, we are a big club, aren't we?. We'll be playing next season in the most iconic stadium in the world with 90k seats to fill.
And thereafter in the classiest, biggest club stadium south of Manchester. He'll rip teams apart on that wembley pitch. He'd be worth the season ticket price on his own. He would propel the club to another level in Europe and probably double our global appeal overnight. Bring back Bale. Pay the money, pay the wages and the rest takes care of itself

After all, we are a big club, aren't we?. We'll be playing next season in the most iconic stadium in the world with 90k seats to fill.
And thereafter in the classiest, biggest club stadium south of Manchester. He'll rip teams apart on that wembley pitch. He'd be worth the season ticket price on his own. He would propel the club to another level in Europe and probably double our global appeal overnight. Bring back Bale. Pay the money, pay the wages and the rest takes care of itself

If we haven't got the money to keep Kyle Walker, I think Bale is wishful thinking. And we've done our bollocks on the Wembley season. Lol at 90,000 we're going to look like cunts now.

If we haven't got the money to keep Kyle Walker, I think Bale is wishful thinking. And we've done our bollocks on the Wembley season. Lol at 90,000 we're going to look like cunts now.
I wouldnt say we don't have the money to keep Kyle Walker. Wether we have the will to keep Kyle Walker is another matter. Bale may be wishful thinking, but shouldn't be.

I think our number one priority should be a good quality offensive player (either striker or CAM), who can replace Kane, Alli and Eriksen, when they need some rest.

All players underneath could fit this description:
- Gylfi Siggurdsson (Swansea)
- Isco (Real Madrid)
- Mahrez (Leicester)
- Kasper Dolberg (Ajax Amsterdam)
- Zaha (Crystal Palace)
- Lukaku (Everton)
- Mbappe (Monaco)
- Ganso (Sevilla)

However, we should consider buying at least two of these players if the rumors about Eriksen and Barcelona turn out to be serious or if we receive an enormous bid on Harry Kane or Alli.

It is going to be an exciting summer!!
Ganso, wow. I legitimately haven't heard that name in about 4 or 5 years.

I don't care for his injury record.

Wouldn't want him tbh.

So we're for the second consecutive year in the Champions League and people want back-ups? Wtf. I would go and try to get some of the better performers at the moment in Europe, starting to watch a lot of Monaco players for example.

I was thinking if the likes of Walker or Rose (I think it's unlikely) or Toby would leave then other players would be like fuck it I think I've done enough to join another club, not necessarily with better teams but who throw more cash than we do.

You could also look at it as we are in the second title race in a row since 1987, with arguably the best team in the PL with the most potential, and people want replacements, "WTF......"

You do realise that we are going to enter a period of 5 or 6 yeas without spending don't you? Someone has to find a large chunk of a 750M pound stadium to pay for.

But yeah let's buy Isco for 70M, and Zaha for 30M and pay them over 100k a week and dismantle the starting 11 for no good reason.

Tomo made a good point about Barkley to eventually take over from Dembele. But this Hollywood signing.....naaaah.

We've just proved to the world that our policy works. Why are we going to enter an era of austerity, and suddenly start spunking loads of dough on big signings?

Last edited:
Only a few months until the prophecy is fulfilled. Try not to take it too badly.

As badly as the prophecy of spending a billion and coming 5th?
Pep will be gone soon how's that for prophetical.....many knew he wouldn't cut it here.

I see you have tried to align yourself as Spurs because of "modern football"

No thanks, don't need johnny come latelys at this club. Anyone with half an ounce of integrity would go lower leagues, and local in your shoes

Yep, agree.
Oh now we are good enough Gareth please come back on silly money with your pink shorts and whisper in Dele's ear how going to Madrid was the smart thing every week

Also don't think he'd be offered the luxury of a free role he excelled in under AVB, is he the player to press and do his work off the ball that Poch demands ?

Completely agree with you; I've been telling City fans for 4 years, and that's why I don't consider myself affiliated with the club anymore. It's evolved into the embodiment of all things wrong with modern football, something I despise.

Spurs are a crusade against modern football, and I fucking love you lot for it.

Regarding Pep, I knew he'd fail. He's Roberto Martinez with better resources, and I feel smugly vindicated the way the season has played out, having been ridiculed by City fans who assumed Pep = success, based on inheriting teams who's success transcends coaches.

Walker will level out without Pocchettino's mastery; he's a good player who's perceived excellence is a product of a superb system. He's the only Spurs player heading to City this summer. Ross Barkley to City is practically done too.

You're a boring know-nothing cunt. Get the fuck off this forum you prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom