Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to keep our top talent as a number 1 priority this summer.

For additional signings I'd love a new CM. Adrien Rabiot (Lloris could help him settle) or Youri Tielemans (Belgian link. Could learn loads from moussa too).

I think a new CB would be good but I can't see Michael Keane going anywhere other than back to Utd and we'd have to pay well over the odds for van dijk!

Is there any truth surrounding walker potentially leaving? I hope not. Trippier is quality but walker is so dynamic that teams just can't cope.

Sissoko out, maybe Lamela too (I like lamela but how does he get into the side?).

And are we sticking with jannsen and giving him another year? He's very raw and somewhat clumsy but he clearly works hard. Difficult for me. I quite like him.

COYS

I only want the players that play for the shirt thanks!

A bit simplistic though.

There is a going rate for quality but within that you also need perspective.

By way of an analogy I would use having a partner who you are really happy with and who you have had good times with but starts to maybe take you for granted a little or the sparkle goes a tad. You see a suitor and ponder the option. I get that.

The issue is whether you give what you have up for what looks on the face of it as a slightly better offer.

The grass and greener.

This season we have more players who made the Premier team of the season but we are 2nd to a team who I personally feel have the Premier's best player and another who won player of the year. It is wafer thin - I would say 4 points flatters Chelsea and that every plaudit Chelsea receive is no less applicable to us.

So the summer transfer window. In my opinion Lamela, Wimmer and probably Onomah could be moved on with limited impact. We cannot afford to lose both Walker and Rose to rivals. Wrong messages on every level. Lets hope it does not come to that but clearly Pochettino is prepared to play Trippier ahead of Walker, even when he is fit which he has not yet done with Davirs over Rose.

I believe we need 3/4 players. A 3rd quality striker who must possess good pace. We need a bit more in midfield. Possibly 2 players. We probably will need another defender and that's it.

We have a very strong nucleus of players but this group have one more season I feel before they get chipped away or moved on.

We are no longer close. We are there. Now it's just a matter of being even better.

Now what I'm gonna say is a bit ropey but will say it anyway, on other threads it's been mentioned umpteen times the only player worth having from the goons is Sanchez!....is he? Quite honest even if we could afford him his antics and petulance in the last few weeks would put me right off him whoever ends up with him are welcome to him! But there is another goon that could fit in,monitored properly and do a job! His career has stalled,he's young as far as I know never dissed us and at the time was encouraged to sigh for the goons by his dad based on he could learn under Wenger but that's not happened...who oxlade-chamberlain! Yes I know highly unlikely for various reasons but that is the type of player we need to bolster a squad.

His general play is actually very good so i can see why people are suggesting him. Good hold up play, good pace, good strength, and looks a good finisher. Personally i would prefer a few other strikers than him but can def see the attraction.

363491B700000578-0-image-m-54_1468762116704.jpg

Now what I'm gonna say is a bit ropey but will say it anyway, on other threads it's been mentioned umpteen times the only player worth having from the goons is Sanchez!....is he? Quite honest even if we could afford him his antics and petulance in the last few weeks would put me right off him whoever ends up with him are welcome to him! But there is another goon that could fit in,monitored properly and do a job! His career has stalled,he's young as far as I know never dissed us and at the time was encouraged to sigh for the goons by his dad based on he could learn under Wenger but that's not happened...who oxlade-chamberlain! Yes I know highly unlikely for various reasons but that is the type of player we need to bolster a squad.

Southampton lad basically, just like Chambers.

But yes, his dad was a coach at Southampton and we were interested, but didn't make an offer to my knowledge. We weren't the choice for youth back then that we are now though, but I'd take him over Barkley

Southampton lad basically, just like Chambers.

But yes, his dad was a coach at Southampton and we were interested, but didn't make an offer to my knowledge. We weren't the choice for youth back then that we are now though, but I'd take him over Barkley
So I'm not the only one that thinks he would be a good shout! All be it highly unlikely as I said,at the time the goons would have been his best option and we weren't but that situation has changed some what. But could he handle it?

As i said before..

1) A fast paced creative attacking midfielder would be fantastic (somebody in the mould of Isco or Bernardo Silva). Can't continuously rely on Eriksen to disctate the game. Zaha is another good option (he is different to Isco and Silva but direct and something we need in the squad).

2) A back up striker that is more suited to our style of play is definitely needed.

3) maybe a CM is needed to add to Wanyama, Dembele, and Winks if we are staying with 3 at the back. A young one with good potential is prefered.

I also think Davies has done enough to be the back up LWB BUT we still should bring in a young LWB with good pace so Poch can work his magic.

Personally i would let go of Sissoko, Janssen and Lamela to finance this.

Squad
Lloris
Lopez
Walker
Trippier
Rose
Davies
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Dier
Wimmer
Ccv
Wanyama
Dembele
Winks
New cm
Eriksen
Alli
Son
N'Kodou
New attacking mid
Kane
New striker

Thats 22 (24 if you add 3rd choice GK and young LWB)

There's no way Wimmer and GKN will still be here next season. Wimmer will be replaced by either Maguire or Keane, and GKN will moved on along with Lamela and Sissoko. I think Janssen will also be moved on but only if the right replacement is found.

Normally when the Premier League gets towards the end I'm actually sort of relieved. I get to take a break from all of it for about a month maybe a month and a half before I start really jonesing for Spurs. Typically summer tournaments tide me over, but I'm really dreading the end of the season this year. Spurs are playing SO well and things have been so great that I don't really want them to stop playing. Just keep this season going. To hell with the transfer window.

Wimmer and Sissoko are leaving, and I hope they'll be the only ones. We need a real 3rd center back because Poch clearly doesn't think Wimmer is good enough and CCV is still a bit too young I guess.
We need a winger, a game changer player, like Zaha who already knows the PL, or maybe even Costa who has more experience than our entire squad when it comes to big european matches.
Maybe a 3rd striker (why not Defoe ?) and we're good.
Bring some young guys from the academy too, like Edwards who is clearly special, Walker Peters maybe if Kyle leaves.

Think Siggurdsen would be worth bringing back. Has improved, Poch has openly stated he likes him, and would be relatively affordable if Swansea go down.

This team doesn't need too much. Can offload a bit of dead weight, Sissoko surely. Obviously a proper back up/foil for Kane, an attacking midfielder to challenge Eriksson, perhaps a pacey player. Besides that I don't see much is required except some squad players.

Yep, we need some squad players. Our bench is not good enough. Sissoko : shit
Wimmer : Poch doesn't want him at the club anymore clearly
GKN : Doesn't have the opportunity to play
Janssen : works hard but rarely scores, which is quite embarrassing when you're a striker
Onomah : Meh

Wimmer and Sissoko are leaving, and I hope they'll be the only ones. We need a real 3rd center back because Poch clearly doesn't think Wimmer is good enough and CCV is still a bit too young I guess.
We need a winger, a game changer player, like Zaha who already knows the PL, or maybe even Costa who has more experience than our entire squad when it comes to big european matches.
Maybe a 3rd striker (why not Defoe ?) and we're good.
Bring some young guys from the academy too, like Edwards who is clearly special, Walker Peters maybe if Kyle leaves.

Poch doesn't know what the words 'too young' mean and I fucking love him for it.

Barkley, Oxlaide Chamberlain (unlikely) and Zaha I think would all add something.

I think (and hope) Lamela will stay. Vincent as well, as his improvement recently is obvious to see. There's no point in selling Onomah. He's young and at that age players can suddenly make a big breakthrough. At most send him out on loan. Sissoko just needs to improve his touch and decision making and get his confidence back. Wimmer looks decent enough when he plays but sounds unlikely he'll be here next season. I think all we need is a signing or two with some experience and who can change a game. Someone with effective pace.

Think Siggurdsen would be worth bringing back. Has improved, Poch has openly stated he likes him, and would be relatively affordable if Swansea go down.

This team doesn't need too much. Can offload a bit of dead weight, Sissoko surely. Obviously a proper back up/foil for Kane, an attacking midfielder to challenge Eriksson, perhaps a pacey player. Besides that I don't see much is required except some squad players.

Do not be surprised if Sigurdsson (Son of Sigurd) comes back to us. He would be a good squad player.

We need a 3rd striker. Defoe made sense in January - not for next season.

We only need 3 players PLUS a right back if Walker is stupid enough to want out.

For 50 million quid it would be okay but he needs to remember who made him better and the system which got him there.

Barkley is so intriguing. When he first hit the scene he seemed like a potential world talent but has only gone backwards.

He's got the tools to be one of England's best but watching him leaves a lot to be desired.

If he finds his feet I can see him becoming a mixture of Eriksen and Dele. I like the edge he plays with but I'm not sure he has the footballing brain to put it together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom