Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make what you will out of that, the fact he didn't say anything before the game and he looks like a right fanny fart suggests to me he is talking guff

I did mention the other day that we can't expect to pay measely wages and expect our stars to stay when they can get more than double elsewhere, do you think they'll be happy on 60k when they see shit like lingard and lovren etc on 100k+ a week

I did mention the other day that we can't expect to pay measely wages and expect our stars to stay when they can get more than double elsewhere, do you think they'll be happy on 60k when they see shit like lingard and lovren etc on 100k+ a week
I only want the players that play for the shirt thanks!

The summer transfer window is a matter of 3 things.

Will any player want to leave? If they do they should be shot but they know their worth and agents can be very canny.

How many and what kind of players will Pochettino want and will Leby get them? I think Levy needs to do something swiftly. Lets face it we will be hugely attractive.

Third is will Pochettino commit until players are bought and what would he do if one of the few bigger fish come in for his services?

Make what you will out of that, the fact he didn't say anything before the game and he looks like a right fanny fart suggests to me he is talking guff

Complete bullshit imo.

Poch has rested players before for games and there's been no issues at all afterwards.

I just think Walker is tired. It's the back end of the season and almost every team under Poch burns out at the end. I think we're seeing a way to try and avoid this.

Sigurðsson 9 goals, 12 assists. 27 years old
Eriksen 8 goals, 12 assists. 25 years old

good player to call on... cheeky bid?

Siggy is one of the most under rated players in the league. He had huge amounts of potential that he will never fulfill now (Mostly because we benched him for years...), but he's still a very good player. But I can't see him joining us. I think he will want to be a 1st teamer, much like Defoe, and so won't move here. A shame for us, but the right choice for him as a player.

Such a serious issue he put Walker on towards the end of the game.

Bottom line is Trippier has been on better form recently and has earnt a couple of starts.

The summer transfer window is a matter of 3 things.

Will any player want to leave? If they do they should be shot but they know their worth and agents can be very canny.

How many and what kind of players will Pochettino want and will Leby get them? I think Levy needs to do something swiftly. Lets face it we will be hugely attractive.

Third is will Pochettino commit until players are bought and what would he do if one of the few bigger fish come in for his services?
I think Poch has resoundingly put that last question to bed recently.

He's so passionate about our project and talks time after time about loyalty, morals and it being all about money.

Im not worried about any club in the short term.

He'll want to take us into the new stadium and he wants to leave a legacy here.

Why does everyone keep banging on about that Norwegian lad like he's the next big thing??

He's 25 and had only scored 12 league goals in his career before this season.
His general play is actually very good so i can see why people are suggesting him. Good hold up play, good pace, good strength, and looks a good finisher. Personally i would prefer a few other strikers than him but can def see the attraction.

As i said before..

1) A fast paced creative attacking midfielder would be fantastic (somebody in the mould of Isco or Bernardo Silva). Can't continuously rely on Eriksen to disctate the game. Zaha is another good option (he is different to Isco and Silva but direct and something we need in the squad).

2) A back up striker that is more suited to our style of play is definitely needed.

3) maybe a CM is needed to add to Wanyama, Dembele, and Winks if we are staying with 3 at the back. A young one with good potential is prefered.

I also think Davies has done enough to be the back up LWB BUT we still should bring in a young LWB with good pace so Poch can work his magic.

Personally i would let go of Sissoko, Janssen and Lamela to finance this.

Squad
Lloris
Lopez
Walker
Trippier
Rose
Davies
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Dier
Wimmer
Ccv
Wanyama
Dembele
Winks
New cm
Eriksen
Alli
Son
N'Kodou
New attacking mid
Kane
New striker

Thats 22 (24 if you add 3rd choice GK and young LWB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom