Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As painful as it is to say but the " park the bus " quote originated from Mourhino by discribing us when we drew with them 0-0 years ago.

Under Santini who wouldn't let our full backs cross halfway but I remember the game and Robby Keane missed an absolute sitter
Best chance of the game!

So fuck Jose

Strange. I'd understand if they said we were the better team, we bossed them possession wise but I mean 5 shots, 4 goals is pretty clinical. I don't remember testing Courtois all that much.

They scored 4 to our 2. I'm not sure how they didn't deserve it. If being the better team was the determination of who deserves to win, then we should have won the league last year.. we didn't.. we should probably win the league this year too.. which is still possible.

Hmmm thought you watched a lot of football.

The better team doesn't always win, regardless of the scoreline or shots on target.

It's a game of small margins, which is why we all watch - any team can beat anyone on their day.

We deserved to win that game - Chelsea fans keep on saying it to me as well.

Hmmm thought you watched a lot of football.

The better team doesn't always win, regardless of the scoreline or shots on target.

It's a game of small margins, which is why we all watch - any team can beat anyone on their day.

We deserved to win that game - Chelsea fans keep on saying it to me as well.

I didn't say the better team doesn't always win. Hence why we didn't win the league last year and why we aren't in the final of an FA Cup and top of the Premier League.

But Im having a hard time understanding how we DESERVED to win? We didn't trouble Courtois besides the two goals and Kane's free kick at the end. They had 5 shots and scored 4. That's not luck. That's just being clinical, throw in a few Spurs errors in there too.

I'm devastated. Haven't been this gutted since 1993 when we lost the semi to woolwich.

Time to move on and stop those c*nts getting the double. If they do, they'll be even more fucking unbearable.

No they can't

They've been unbearable since 1970 when they kicked their way to win it against Leeds
Not that Leeds were angels but I remember 'Choppers ' tackle on Eddie Gray for which he shd have got 5 years!

Fucking hated that shitstain of a club since

Much more than the Scum or Dippers

Whilst I think carding Alonso should have been done, I can't help but feel the referee was trying to help the game flow with less yellows which helped with the intensity of the match. Dembele could easily have been sent off for two yellow card offences and Lloris handled outside the area. Referee wasn't great, but he's not the reason we lost.

Fuck off

That bent cunt allowed them to disrupt the games flow by a stream of niggling fouls which suited them by allowing them to get 10 behind the ball!

As I said yesterday Atkinson was the main reason we lost

Clear pen on Dele waved away

Cunt!

I didn't say the better team doesn't always win. Hence why we didn't win the league last year and why we aren't in the final of an FA Cup and top of the Premier League.

But Im having a hard time understanding how we DESERVED to win? We didn't trouble Courtois besides the two goals and Kane's free kick at the end. They had 5 shots and scored 4. That's not luck. That's just being clinical, throw in a few Spurs errors in there too.

Because they scored 4 goals that on another day wouldn't have happened.

Alli's goal was the only clinical play of the day.

You call scoring 4/5 chances clinical.....even Chelsea fans call it lucky.

Fuck off

That bent cunt allowed them to disrupt the games flow by a stream of niggling fouls which suited them by allowing them to get 10 behind the ball!

As I said yesterday Atkinson was the main reason we lost

Clear pen on Dele waved away

Cunt!

You realise we do the same, right? Eriksen and Alli are usually the masters of the niggling fouls. It's just you don't tend to realise because we don't tend to resort to 10 men behind the ball that often. We done it a lot against Liverpool to disrupt their attack.

I think blaming the referee is just asking for excuses. He was poor for both sides.

If the game was the other way round, we won 4-2. Dele dived for a penalty, Dembele hit a thunderbolt and they left Kane unmarked from a corner. What would your stance on the game be? Would you say we deserved to win? Just interested.

For me, if you win possession, only score 2 goals but a catalogue of errors sees you concede 4 goals, you don't deserve nothing. How can conceding 4 goals mean we DESERVE to go through here? We were the better team, everyone watching could see. But unfortunately, being better doesn't neccessarily win you things all the time.

I think the Wanyama miss in the first half went unnoticed. Absolute sitter that could have changed the match.

But I think the main problem is we really had no to bring on from the bench to flare things up. Hardworking creatives players like Lamela or Winks could have kept the Chelsea defence in line. Our best XI (even considering injuries) is pretty good but we have to have more class on the bench to see hard fixtures like this through.

Yesterday was one of the bravest performances of any Tottenham Hotspur side ever fielded. To play 24hrs after the death of what is effectively a family member i can't salute enough what I saw on the pitch yesterday.

I'm hearing that Poch was the 2nd person on the scene to attend to Ugo. Ugo was taking a session on the pitch as was Poch on a neighbouring pitch. Ugo actually stopped his session by calling out to the players as he went into cardiac arrest. This was fucking whitenessed by all! Made even worse by the sense of hopelessness as your personal efforts to save your mates life were all in vein.

I am truly amazed at how they played yesterday considering what had happened 24hrs earlier. Anyone doubting or questioning this side, this manager, this club go fuck yourselves. Let me know when a member of your family dies, one that you failed to save the life of whilst you were thumping their chest giving them CPR and I'll turn up 24hrs latter with a bag of popcorn to watch how you are getting on.

Proof of our incredible mentality is that everyone is talking about the details of the game as if what happened to Ugo didn't happen, as if it was just a normal day.

I feel a mix of emotions today but the most overwhelming one is pride. Pride in the mentality of this team and those behind the scenes that enable it. Whilst many are coming to terms with conceding 4 goals from 5 shots, there are two children this morning coming to terms with why they haven't got a Dad.

And if my aunt had bollocks, she'd be my uncle.

Before anyone posts a pic

abandon-thread-gif-cats.gif

Yesterday was one of the bravest performances of any Tottenham Hotspur side ever fielded. To play 24hrs after the death of what is effectively a family member i can't salute enough what I saw on the pitch yesterday.

I'm hearing that Poch was the 2nd person on the scene to attend to Ugo. Ugo was taking a session on the pitch as was Poch on a neighbouring pitch. Ugo actually stopped his session by calling out to the players as he went into cardiac arrest. This was fucking whitenessed by all! Made even worse by the sense of hopelessness as your personal efforts to save your mates life were all in vein.

I am truly amazed at how they played yesterday considering what had happened 24hrs earlier. Anyone doubting or questioning this side, this manager, this club go fuck yourselves. Let me know when a member of your family dies, one that you failed to save the life of whilst you were thumping their chest giving them CPR and I'll turn up 24hrs latter with a bag of popcorn to watch how you are getting on.

Proof of our incredible mentality is that everyone is talking about the details of the game as if what happened to Ugo didn't happen, as if it was just a normal day.

I feel a mix of emotions today but the most overwhelming one is pride. Pride in the mentality of this team and those behind the scenes that enable it. Whilst many are coming to terms with conceding 4 goals from 5 shots, there are two children this morning coming to terms with why they haven't got a Dad.

Spot on mate, great post! :dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom