Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shearer really is a mug. "Chelsea against the best defense I'm the league and scored 4. Of course they deserved it!" I love the fact they said it was a tactical masterclass from Conte and it was the game plan. Fuck off lol. They were fucking lucky and they know it. What about John Terry celebrating their 4th goal like he had something to do with it. What's the betting that if they win the cup, the full kit wanker will come out onto the pitch and parade the cup. What a total bellend!

Was in a pub so didn't have to ordeal any commentary. I thought we were better than hey were tbh.

I will say Hugo should have gone in the first half for the hand ball outside the area, IMO.

Thought the Son experiment cost us too.

If you look at it, keeping his best players to bring on later in the game was a masterstroke by Conte. Because it worked.

Also could see the difference in the quality of benches by that.

However, what a bunch of inglorious, lacking in humility, soccer ball, new kit wanker, russian gangster cunts.

And i told that to the faces of the pricks that dared call my shirt shit after the match.

COYS

Shearer really is a mug. "Chelsea against the best defense I'm the league and scored 4. Of course they deserved it!" I love the fact they said it was a tactical masterclass from Conte and it was the game plan. Fuck off lol. They were fucking lucky and they know it. What about John Terry celebrating their 4th goal like he had something to do with it. What's the betting that if they win the cup, the full kit wanker will come out onto the pitch and parade the cup. What a total bellend!

The guy's been stealing a living for a long time. He was little more than a penalty taker in the last few years of his career, then he was useless as a manager and got Newcastle relegated and he's since become an utterly terrible and boring pundit devoid of any insight. He basically handed the title to Chelsea months ago and is terrified of being made to look a mug yet again so bigs them up at any opportunity.

We played well. We lost. It hurts

Here's my take on the game.

They started with three nailed on first team players out.

For some reason Poch decided that Davies would start on the bench, (if he picked up a knock why the fuck is he on the bench). Poch changed a winning side.

They have a team where no player has signed up to lose a semi final 4-2, and we have no player on the bench that can come on and make a shits difference to the game.

It hurts me to say it but they were the better team, coached better and have some World class players up front, midfield, defence and at goalkeeper. We do not, but we have some very good ones.

We need to invest in this team and whether we spend big or not is irrelevant but we have to have sufficient strength in depth, something we are lacking in spades.

Flame away you fuckers.

Last edited:
That big Wembley pitch! I really hate it! It suits the Chelsea team but not us.
Why do I say that? Because we are lacking for pace and verve. That's our achilees heel.
And the vast acreage of the Wembley lawn exposes that shortcoming of ours.
Our two pacy wing backs, Rose and Walker, weren't playing of course and if we are to play at
Wembley next season, we can't be playing a 4-4-2 formation.
(I was only able to watch the first half).

That big Wembley pitch! I really hate it! It suits the Chelsea team but not us.
Why do I say that? Because we are lacking for pace and verve. That's our achilees heel.
And the vast acreage of the Wembley lawn exposes that shortcoming of ours.
Our two pacy wing backs, Rose and Walker, weren't playing of course and if we are to play at
Wembley next season, we can't be playing a 4-4-2 formation.
(I was only able to watch the first half).
That's bollocks. Our second goal was FULL of verve - you won't see a better goal with faster players, imho

That's bollocks. Our second goal was FULL of verve - you won't see a better goal with faster players, imho

I know all this crap about the pitch before the game and the goals were:
  • Poor wall/GK positioning and great free kick
  • A terrible tackle and penalty
  • Nobody marking their best player on a corner
  • A silly screamer for a defensive midfielder
When you totally dominate the game and score 2 cracking goals I think we can stop all this talk about the bloody pitch size now

Here's my take on the game.

They started with three nailed on first team players out.

For some reason Poch decided that Davies would start on the bench, (if he picked up a knock why the fuck is he on the bench). Poch changed a winning side.

They have a team where no player has signed up to lose a semi final 4-2, and we have no player on the bench that can come on and make a shits difference to the game.

It hurts me to say it but they were the better team, coached better and have some World class players up front, midfield, defence and at goalkeeper. We do not, but we have some very good ones.

We need to invest in this team and whether we spend big or not is irrelevant but we have to have sufficient strength in depth, something we are lacking in spades.

Flame away you fuckers.
Disagree with how far you go, but I do agree that we got 'served' a tactical masterclass today. We were stunned when the teams were announced but at half time it made sense - football 'rope-a-dope'. We slugged it out doing EXACTLY what they expected us to do (high press, lots of possession, using the width) and they played a classic counter. They defended in depth, and used the pace of batshuayi and Moses to hit us in the break. It worked perfectly. Then, on the hour, when we were starting to tire, they sent on Costa and Hazard.

Genuinely, chapeau to Conte. But the important thing is that Poch learns from this. Which he will; he is already talking about trying to understand what went wrong. Conte showed his true experience today, and we will have learned from it.

There's no shame in admitting we were out thought today (and I didn't think the ref was that bad, although azpilicueta should have gone in the book for that first tackle).

Now we must finish the league strongly, and not let the season fizzle out as it has before. This team can do it. COYS.

Meh, this goes down in our list of absolutely heartbreaking bullshit that we have to endure as Tottenham fans...

giphy.gif

Is it shite? Yes. Are we surprised? Certainly fucking not if you've been supporting Spurs for long enough.

This hurts. It'd be silly to say that it doesn't. But this season isn't over (whether that's finishing second or God help us all somehow snatching the title from Chelsea).

I'm proud of our boys. I think we had a couple of defensive derps, yes, but my lord I love this team so much that I can't possibly stay angry at it.

Now let's go beat the ever loving shit out of Crystal Palace, yeah?

Hard to be upset. We played great at times and were better, but Chelsea were more clinical. Our defending on the 3rd goal was piss poor and that was the game.

I'd rather lose like this than be thoroughly outclassed. We still have a bright future and with continued performances like this, if you add a bit of luck and and experience, we will eventually get what we deserve.

Over the course of the last few months our manager has got most things right,yesterday he didn't regards Son! Perhaps felt he shouldn't be left out as on the form he's in and tried to accomadate him, managers have to make tough decisions for the good of the team looking back if you ask Son, did you enjoy the game,enjoy your position you were asked to play,being honest he'd say no! If the team had been kept the same regards players in natural positions even at the expense of Son things may have worked out differently,we will never know! Son being brought later and making an impact the guy and the team would have benefited? Say that anyway....

Back
Top Bottom